The NukeKastel Fund

Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318101232' post='2820995']
Oh right, you're a partisan hack who stormed out of the SOS Brigade without so much as a goodbye because you were passed over for promotion, so naturally you'd disapprove of what we do. How far you've fallen amazes me, Locke. Move along folks, nothing to see here. B-)
[/quote]

[IMG]http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/joffrey-clap.gif[/IMG]

Welcome back to the world of activity, comrade. ;)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318145666' post='2821378']
Gee, people are such morons around here.

This was not about nuke roguing Bernkastel. This was [b]never[/b] about enticing people to nuke rogue Bernkastel.
This was for if an alliance went to war with Europa as a result of this war (since it was, at least at one point, quite likely that Europa would be going to war here) and in the course of that war effort nuked Bernkastel, that person would get a reward [b]to be paid at the end of all hostilities[/b].

Nobody here has a sense of humor, apparently. Or the ability to read.

Edit: Also, this:
<Bernkastel[Europa]> I'm actually going to laugh if that pool grows. :v
[/quote]

Things like this may encourage rogue actions there, bud. I was just stating fact.

[quote name='Kellory' timestamp='1318117442' post='2821147']
Nah, looks like there was some misunderstanding over what was and was not actually said there. Arrnea needs to read some of his conversations more carefully.
[/quote]
For the record, every NsO member who contributed to this fund (and that have since been removed) knew exactly what it was they were contributing to.

So no, there's been no misunderstanding here, just some backpedalling.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1318146448' post='2821381']
Things like this may encourage rogue actions there, bud. I was just stating fact.
[/quote]
There was a specific clause in the OP that means a rogue attack on Bernkastel would [b]not[/b] attract the prize:[quote]in the event of [b]Europa[/b] (or whatever alliance the target may be in at that time) [b]joining the current Legion-Tetris war[/b][/quote]

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318146935' post='2821385']
There was a specific clause in the OP that means a rogue attack on Bernkastel would [b]not[/b] attract the prize:
[/quote]

Did you include a section in the OP about teaching me how to read properly and not jump to conclusions?

feelsbadman.jpg

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1318147083' post='2821386']
Did you include a section in the OP about teaching me how to read properly and not jump to conclusions?

feelsbadman.jpg
[/quote]
People wouldn't have read it even if I did. <_<

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1318140336' post='2821358']
This is absolutely retarded. The guy's a 6k nation. If I were Europa, I'd send a nuke at him and just collect the tech. A 150 infra nuke sent at a 2k infra nation is like 2-3m in infra. The cost of the nuke might be almost as much as it's damage.
[/quote]

Here's me agreeing with Steve. Do it, Europa.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1318147258' post='2821388']Here's me agreeing with Steve. Do it, Europa.[/quote]
And here's you, still not reading.
[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318146935' post='2821385']There was a specific clause in the OP that means a rogue attack on Bernkastel would [b]not[/b] attract the prize:[/quote]
That clause also means that Europa [b]actually has to join the war[/b] for it to be paid.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1318149886' post='2821396']
Is it a rogue attack if Bern agrees?
[/quote]
You're still not reading. Whether or not Bern agrees is irrelevant. What's relevant is that Europa (or whatever alliance Bern is in at the time) has to have joined the Legion-Tetris war.

I fear I ask too much when I ask some people to demonstrate basic comprehension skills. :huh:

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318150672' post='2821398']
You're still not reading. Whether or not Bern agrees is irrelevant. What's relevant is that Europa (or whatever alliance Bern is in at the time) has to have joined the Legion-Tetris war.

I fear I ask too much when I ask some people to demonstrate basic comprehension skills. :huh:
[/quote]

If you want him nuked so bad, why do people have to jump through hoops to do it? You may have reading comprehension, but you definitely lack logic. :blink:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318164315' post='2821447']They don't want him nuked so bad, as you say. It was a joke.[/quote]
It's not a joke:
[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318098124' post='2820961'][sub][b]Disclaimer:[/b] This fund is not endorsed by the SOS Brigade as a whole and [u][b]is not a joke[/b][/u], although certainly intended in good sport. It's a prize, [b]not[/b] a bribe.[/sub][/quote]

Am I the only one that doesn't know the reason some people in the SOS Brigade want Bernkastel to be hit for?
An explicit rationale would have been appreciated.

[size=1][[b]Edit:[/b]pluraletc.][/size]

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1318164315' post='2821447']They don't want him nuked so bad, as you say. It was a joke.[/quote]
It's not a joke, we actually [b]will[/b] pay the fund out to the person who fulfills all the conditions. It [b]is[/b] however not a malicious thing. As I pointed out earlier, Bern said he'd get a laugh out of it if the fund grew bigger than it was at the time (which it has), so here we are with a topic on the boards that most people seem to have misread. Typical of the Internet, really.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1318169265' post='2821466']Am I the only one that doesn't know the reason some people in the SOS Brigade want Bernkastel to be hit for?
An explicit rationale would have been appreciated.[/quote]
It's nothing personal, just a jolly old send-off for our ex-Chief. Purely professional. ^_^

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1318169265' post='2821466']

Am I the only one that doesn't know the reason some people in the SOS Brigade want Bernkastel to be hit for?
An explicit rationale would have been appreciated.
[/quote]

Bern used to lead SOS after Arrnea ran away after the SOS-NsO spat,
Arrnea came back and couped Bern,
Bern said "you know what this alliance is worthless" so left.
Arrnea got butthurt
and here we are.

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1318173041' post='2821483']Bern used to lead SOS after Arrnea ran away after the SOS-NsO spat,
Arrnea got butthurt
and here we are.[/quote]
Yeah, not even close. If Bern was thinking SOS was so worthless, [url=http://se.sosdancn.org/index.php?showtopic=3148]he wouldn't have tried to come back[/url] (albeit only to attempt to get the Chief's spot back by any means necessary) after resigning his post and making me Chief again when he had other matters to attend to.

Also, I didn't run away, I had RL issues (health issues, to be precise) to deal with at the time and so could not fulfill my duties as Chief.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318171695' post='2821477']It's nothing personal, just a jolly old send-off for our ex-Chief. Purely professional. ^_^[/quote]
[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1318173041' post='2821483']Bern used to lead SOS after Arrnea ran away after the SOS-NsO spat,
Arrnea got butthurt
and here we are.[/quote]
Wasn't Bernkastel in Invicta about ten days ago? (I'm going by his aid screen.)
Did he move to SOS, achieve leadership, get couped, leave and be targeted with this [i]in just about a week[/i]? :blink:

(I guess the next step of my CN career will be to try bring chaos to some alliance with revolving doors... It has to be fun! :P)

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1318174735' post='2821505']
I'm feeling jolly. 500 tech to the first person to rogue arrnea.
[/quote]

Is this a joke, good sir?

[quote name='ShouAS' timestamp='1318173041' post='2821483']
Bern used to lead SOS after Arrnea ran away after the SOS-NsO spat,
Arrnea got butthurt
and here we are.
[/quote]

Bern was leader of SOS after the inactivity of Myrrh, who replaced Arrnea after the NsO disaster.
Bern was removed/coaxed into resigning by Arrnea who used a personal issue at the time I confided in him as legit friend in and out of this thing who I thought I could talk to.
Bern left SOS Brigade to clear Bern's head, joined Invicta for a while. Decided Bern would go back to help Arrnea with his agenda or lack thereof.
Arrnea gets paranoid that Bern and the senior staff (particularly Piroton, DGJ and DKH) were plotting against Arrnea but Bern+co weren't. (Sound familiar, NsO?)
Arrnea expels Bern with no formal vote (as per the charter, a vote is required) and Bern join Europa.

I couldn't be happier in Europa. You managed to turn away one of the few friends both in and out of this thing you had left and hardcore loyal at that. I don't care what happens to your alliance anymore, that bridge is burned so I have no problem watching it and eating popcorn.

Edited by Bernkastel

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318146767' post='2821383']
For the record, every NsO member who contributed to this fund (and that have since been removed) knew exactly what it was they were contributing to.

So no, there's been no misunderstanding here, just some backpedalling.
[/quote]

I did not say that they did not know what was being contributed to. I said you misunderstood what was said. Specifically by Haruhi. What he said was not what you seem to think was what he had said. And if you were wrong about that, it would not surprise me if you were wrong about other things.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1318171695' post='2821477']
so here we are with a topic on the boards that most people seem to have misread. Typical of the Internet, really.
[/quote]

Considering that you apparently are part of this group, the irony is palatable. Not that I should be surprised.

You know, about the only people that really supported you was Locke and Bern. From what I see, your defenders seem to be getting rather slim. On the bright side, I suppose it does mean that you wont have to do this again.

Publicly encouraging nuclear warfare against an alliance of Blood 4 Friends, and providing a bounty for anyone who follows through. Now, I may be new to this whole "External Affairs" thing, but I'm pretty sure that's a valid CB, and not a bad one at that. You may want to reconsider the OP's "not a joke" status.

Edited by thedon125