Hylian DoW

Merk

[center][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa172/Mask_of_Truth/Flags/Kingdom-of-Hyrule-Small.png[/IMG][/center]

[center][b]The Kingdom of Hyrule hereby issues the following Declaration of We're-still-alive:[/b][/center]

So, the other day on IRC someone told me that they thought the Kingdom of Hyrule had disbanded, which thus inspired me to make this post and to catch up with fellow alliances and such. So, what has KoH been doing in the last couple of months since our last announcement, you ask? Quite a bit, and our nice, balanced NS proves it :D

[center][IMG]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/Merk94/555555.jpg[/IMG][/center]

We also have a new charter:

[quote]Article I: Admission

A) Applying

1) Any nation who wishes to join the Kingdom of Hyrule (referred to as KoH for the rest of this document), may do so providing they meet the following criteria. They must:

-Not be involved in any ongoing wars.
-Not be aiding or accepting aid from anyone involved in any wars.
-Not be on any alliance blacklists.

2) If they do not meet the above criteria, the Royal Council must vouch for them. Upon having their application approved, they will be masked as a "Kokiri" and will be moved on to the Royal Academy and assigned a mentor.

B) Academy

1) Every nation, unless vouched for by the Royal Council, must go through the Royal Academy and do the following to graduate:

-Complete 1 cycle successfully of a 3x3 tech deal.
-Get on IRC and talk to a member of the Royal Council at least once; to verify that they were there.
-Complete one infra jump (must have more than 1000 infrastructure).
-Complete a comprehensive exam to demonstrate their understanding of the material covered in the Royal Academy.

2) Upon graduation from the academy, they will be masked as a "Hylian," or, full member of KoH.

Article II: Structure of the Kingdom

The Kingdom of Hyrule shall consist of the following levels of membership: Kokiri, Hylian, Duke, and Royal Council

A) Kokiri

1) The Kokiri are all nations who are in the Royal Academy. They have precisely 14 days to complete the Academy upon being masked as a Kokiri. They do not hold the responsibilities of a Hylian.

B) Hylians

1) Hylians are the basic level of membership, upon which the Kingdom stands. Once they have gone through the Royal Academy of the Kingdom they become a Hylian and are responsible for their duties to the Kingdom.

a) A Hylian's Duties

1) The list of a Hylian's duties to the Kingdom includes, but is not limited to the:

-Daily checking of one's nation.
-Daily checking and partaking in of the KoH forums
-Willingness to work with fellow Hylians and the Royal Council on whatever matters their cooperation is needed with.

C) Dukes

1) Dukes are the appointed Directors of each Department. Dukes manage and run their respective departments under the guidance of the Royal Council.

D) Royal Council

1) The Royal Council are the leaders of Hyrule.
Article III: Government

The government of the Kingdom of Hyrule shall consist of an Royal Council and elected Dukes.
A)High Council
The High Council consists out of three experienced members, of which two hold the rank of High Councilor, the ruler of this council is the Supreme Councilor. This council oversees the daily activities and the function of the Dukes. The High Council has a veto right providing all High Council members approve. The High Council can also create legislation when needed, which they and the Dukes shall vote on in the Royal Council.
If a High Councilor decides to step down or is impeached, the High Council will appoint a new High Councilor. In case the Supreme Councilor steps down, a new High Councilor will be appointed and they will vote on the new Supreme Councilor.

B) Royal Council

The Royal Council oversees the daily activities of the Kingdom and makes all major decisions in Hyrule. The Royal Council is made up of all the Dukes and the High Council. Together they vote on decisions that affect Hyrule, for example: treaties.

C) Dukes
The Dukes are elected through a three monthly process. Every three months there shall be elections. Within the elections, there is a 48 hour nomination period, a 48 hour period for the nominees to hold their speeches and afterwards a 48 hour voting period. By the beginning of the next month the new Dukes are to be masked and will fulfill their duties.

1) Duke of Foreign Affairs

The DoFA shall oversee all matters concerning Foreign Policy. This includes running the Diplomat Corps, masking foreign diplomats, proposing treaties, and being the Kingdom’s main representative outside of the Kingdom’s walls.

2) Duke of Defense

The DoD shall oversee the Kingdom’s overall security. This includes managing the Hylian Army, overseeing military training, overseeing tech raids, approving nuclear strikes, and overseeing rogue/ghosts busts.

3) Duke of Internal Affairs

The DoIA shall oversee all matters of the Kingdom’s internal security. This includes solving disputes among Citizens, overseeing the Academy, helping new members get settled into the Kingdom, masking new members, and recruitment.

4) Duke of Economics

The DoE shall oversee the Kingdom’s financial security. This includes managing moderated tech deals, helping members set up trade circles, managing banks, and overseeing alliance growth programs.

C) Impeachment and Removal from Office

1) Any citizen of Hyrule can call for the impeachment of any High Council member or any Duke if there is evidence of treason against the Kingdom, breaking of rules of the Kingdom or not properly fulfilling the duties of the office.

2) The call for impeachment must be seconded by another citizen in order to be brought before the alliance.

3) Impeachment proceeding shall last for 48 hours after the seconding of the call for impeachment to present evidence and debate the grounds of the charges.

4) A vote of no confidence shall be taken in the government member, which shall last for 48 hours. In order for the alliance leader to be found guilty of the charges, a super-majority of the alliance must have no confidence in said leader.

5) In the event a Duke is impeached, the Royal Council will appoint a new Duke; in the event that a Royal Council member is impeached or steps down the Hylians will elect a new Royal Council member with a 48 hour nomination and a 48 hour vote.

Article IV: Leaving

Anyone who wishes to do so may leave KoH at any given time. They must pay back all debts owed to the Kingdom or military action will be taken against them.

Article V: Amendments

Any Amendment to the Charter must be discussed for a period of 48 hours after which a period of voting will begin. In order for the Amendment to pass it must reach 3/4s of the voting membership (Citizens of Hyrule).
[/quote]

And we also have a new gov line-up:

High Council
Supreme Councilor: erikjsch
High Councilor: FrederickIII
High Councilor: Caleb

Royal Council
Duke of Foreign Affairs: Merk
Duke of Defense: Cultus Ferox
Duke of Economics: Abomb2323
Duke of Internal Affairs: Moon

And to honor [i]all[/i] of that, we're holding a QnA on our forums. Why our forums you ask? Because many of our gov members are old, and can no longer make the walk from their home in Castle Town to the OWF (or, in layman's terms, they're just lazy).

So, come by our forums at: http://cn-hyrule.net/forum/index swing by our tavern, and enjoy our QnA. Also, feel free to visit us on IRC at #hyrule on coldfront.

[i]Merk, Duke of Foreign Affairs for the Kingdom of Hyrule[/i]

Edit: May as well include our new charter and new gov as well.

Edited by Merk

[quote name='erikjsch' timestamp='1317928646' post='2818752']
Whoa. This actually scared me. I thought our NEW Duke of FA actually decided to go to war. But whatever, its nice to know that we are still alive.
[/quote]
But then, you've always been scared to go to war

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1317931625' post='2818815']
Until Jacapo gets here, allow me to assure you that you are terrible and should disband.
[/quote]

Thank you for filling in for him. Your support is truly appreciated.