The Bullying War

King Louis the II

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317965260' post='2819438']
Pretty ironic that Sparta is calling us out on trying to even the odds. Since when has Sparta ever even attempted to have a fair fight?
[/quote]

Um...

[quote]This post represent my sole opinion and not of my alliance. I am not Sparta's MoFA anymore.[/quote]

I'd accuse you of only reading the first line but it appears you didn't even do that.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1318000085' post='2819695']
ITT VE got Tetris to provoke Legion then downgraded them so Legion would declare on Tetris and then get Polar drug into the war so VE could activate their ODP with Tetris to hit Polar.

Yep.
[/quote]

No, you got it wrong. NSO posted spy reports obtained by an unknown source from Legion's members so that we could piss them off just to make sure they would attack our allies who would pull a similar stunt a couple months later thus giving NSO a reason to attack and bully a larger alliance all in the attempt to goad Polar. All this and we somehow get alliances who we are not allied to to join a wartime coalition. Damn we sound like we just might be the next hegemony or something. Either that or people are just plain paranoid. I would like it to be the former but the realist in me knows it to be the latter.

:awesome:

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1317945835' post='2819033']
I want Legion to win this war.

I disagree with the actions of NSO and Tetris, but Legion is not being bullied. Legion has the means to defend themselves; they simply refused to do so for a long time. Legion has surprised everyone by actually declaring war. All the alliances joining do not turn this war. Legion must still execute with their larger nations. They should care less about helping their tiny nations. This war is for Legion to win or lose therefore with so much control in this war, it's not accurate to depict Legion as a victim of bullying.
[/quote]

The big guy in the OP's video also had the means to defend himself, that does not mean he wasn't bullied...

As for TehChron and Kzopp's discussion, I don't think Kzopp said it correctly (you seem to have gotten under his skin effectively), but Chron, [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105785&st=180&p=2817156&#entry2817156]noone knew[/url] that VE downgraded. There are 100s of people asking where VE was since their MDoAP downgrade was not announced and Tetris' CN wiki showed that it was still active...

Legion declared war expecting VE to counter.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1318007086' post='2819809']
Well fine - so Legion wants to fight you :rolleyes:

But VE won't roll alone anyways .. Soooooo ..
[/quote]

You're an idiot.

Legion expected VE to counter because they did not know we had downgraded our treaty with Tetris when they attacked them, thus obviously expecting a counter from us.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1318007150' post='2819810']
You're an idiot.

Legion expected VE to counter because they did not know we had downgraded our treaty with Tetris when they attacked them, thus obviously expecting a counter from us.
[/quote]

He was making a joke, I know you guys don't like each other, but come on. >_>

You're an idiot.

[/quote]

I'm honestly not sure [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105742&view=findpost&p=2819787]which one[/url] is worse...

You're an idiot.

[/quote]

It's not quite right to say absolutely noone knew we downgraded, obviously Tetris did and so did we. I can't quite remember where I read it, but I thought Legion already knew we only had an ODP with Tetris before they declared. Surely they would've researched Tetris' ties before they declared anyway, thus knowing it was only an ODP? I know it isn't easy to find, but they must've seen that we had downgraded.

I mean what else do you have that suggests they ever had any intentions of hitting us?

[quote name='Serkr' timestamp='1318023286' post='2820114']
It's not quite right to say absolutely noone knew we downgraded, obviously Tetris did and so did we. I can't quite remember where I read it, but I thought Legion already knew we only had an ODP with Tetris before they declared. Surely they would've researched Tetris' ties before they declared anyway, thus knowing it was only an ODP? I know it isn't easy to find, but they must've seen that we had downgraded.

I mean what else do you have that suggests they ever had any intentions of hitting us?
[/quote]

You're an idiot. No one knew anything :wacko:

Especially the hundreds and hundreds of people who heard all morning on IRC long before Legion decided to make a move .... They're idiots. They know nothing. NOTHING. :v:

[/quote]

From the Legion members I've spoken to they did not know about it. Regardless we held an ODP with them at the time which had to make them prepared for us to enter.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1318050109' post='2820519']
From the Legion members I've spoken to they did not know about it. Regardless we held an ODP with them at the time which had to make them prepared for us to enter.
[/quote]
Whether they knew it was downgraded or not, it amuses me that everyone is cheering them on for willingfully running headlong into destruction. They chose to declare war in a situation where they were going to get beaten whether they bring in their allies or not. If this was a 'defensive' situation where they were forced to go in, then yes it would be admirable. But they chose this war, a war they're going to lose. It's retarded that they thought this was the best way to redeem themselves and make a break from their past, and even moreso that people are buying into it.

lol, bullying.

A year ago NSO was too busy dealing with the aftermath of an entire bloc coming down on us for two aid packages to bully anyone or give any thought to Legion. Six months ago NSO was too busy dealing with the aftermath of fighting a war that Legion spent many weeks ducking out of to actually bully them. During the summer some of the more ignorant legion members ran off their mouths and provoked the NSO to post spy reports in public and we got away with it. Tetris did something similar and Legion took the most aggressive response possible in order to "defend their honor" or, more honestly, over-compensate for all the people saying mean things to them for so long (a group which includes a lot more people than NSO and Tetris).

The NSO isn't always nice, especially to people we don't like, and Tetris can kind of be dicks at times (it's one of the reasons we get along so well), but to blame this on "bullying" is just dumb.

edit: lol, word filters

Edited by Heft

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318052390' post='2820558']
Whether they knew it was downgraded or not, it amuses me that everyone is cheering them on for willingfully running headlong into destruction. They chose to declare war in a situation where they were going to get beaten whether they bring in their allies or not. If this was a 'defensive' situation where they were forced to go in, then yes it would be admirable.
[/quote]

Don't play coy, you know it's defensive. If they had continued to let people violate them publicly they would have effectively ceased to exist. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if you are just mad cause you had a bet they would roll over and disband themselves by now. :rolleyes:

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="1"]Edit: English, how does it work?[/size][/font]

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1318060177' post='2820642']
Don't play coy, you know it's defensive. If they had continued to let people violate them publicly they would have effectively ceased to exist. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised you are just mad cause you had a bet they would roll over and disband themselves by now. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
How could that post in any way be construed as being mad? And no it's not defensive.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1318060834' post='2820648']
How could that post in any way be construed as being mad? And no it's not defensive.
[/quote]

Sorry. I editted in the missing word. Hopefully it will make more sense to you now.

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1317980702' post='2819583']
Mogar I can't help but say this:

Your current avatar is just too adorable. I've been trying to hold off on saying it, and the pic in your DoE was adorable too. I haven't been able to help but squee left and right.

In fact every time I read your posts I lose track of what I'm reading and ju...- D'awwwwwwwww

Ahem! Sorry bout that. Yeah sorry to tell you folks that the idea of getting Legion to DoW someone as bait for polar is crazy. Crazier still when so many nations have PM'd in fear of being preempted.
[/quote]
Annie from league of legends is probably my favorite charactor from the game.

on topic: everything is a polar conspiracy.

[/quote]
Speaking as someone who actually talks to Legion, I'm pretty sure that they both didn't know and didn't care; they were going in come hell or high water, despite the fact it could very well be suicide.