So here I sit

Arcades057

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1317882796' post='2818169']
Just because the sides are even now doesn't mean that Legion knows how to fight. They'll just die faster. :awesome:
[/quote]

The sides aren't "even" now. Seems like a curbstomp to me.

If it takes all these alliances to contain Legion, then Legion are not as incompetent as most of the peanut gallery think.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Holy Ruler' timestamp='1317891947' post='2818268']

If it takes all these alliances to contain Legion, then Legion are not as incompetent as most of the peanut gallery think.
[/quote]

How is it a curbstomp? This is probably the most even war I've witnessed in almost 4.5 years here.

Honestly Legion, you should have just declared your war. Fought your best. Not came out with this kind of stuff whining about it.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317881410' post='2818140']
They are going to claim they want Legions allies to come in, then call legions allies !@#$%*^ for not coming in.

They are retarded. Legion will NOT call in its allies because we know its going to be a curbstomp (NSO brings in MJ, Tetris brings in VE/SF/PB IAA brings in C&G).. what the $%&@ is left?

No. We will take our beating, deal as much damage as we receive. Then position ourselves to be better prepared next time.
[/quote]

Your allies are !@#$%*^ for not coming in. Looking at you, Polar.

Also, maybe people just want to inflict as much damage upon Legion as possible, not as if they don't deserve it.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='Holy Ruler' timestamp='1317891947' post='2818268']

[/quote]

Pssh, protip: the number of alliances don't mean a thing.

I still wonder why people think a war should be fair. You fight a war for a principle or to break your enemy. No matter your reason, you want to win it. Not make it interesting for the public.
Plus, half the world wanted to take a swing at Legion so I don't see why anyone is shocked that NSO/Tetris and co have allies joining in: it may be 5 vs 1 but the total stats from both sides are pretty even.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317895982' post='2818313']
I still wonder why people think a war should be fair. You fight a war for a principle or to break your enemy. No matter your reason, you want to win it. Not make it interesting for the public.[/quote]

You seem a little confused, you realise we are talking about CN, right? Not real life.

In CN, the normal reason to fight IS to provide entertainment.

I still wonder why people think a war should be fair. You fight a war for a principle or to break your enemy. No matter your reason, you want to win it. Not make it interesting for the public.
Plus, half the world wanted to take a swing at Legion so I don't see why anyone is shocked that NSO/Tetris and co have allies joining in: it may be 5 vs 1 but the total stats from both sides are pretty even.
[/quote]

It's more everyone is amused at the fact that people who mocked Legion for months for being "incompetent" feel the need to call in allies.

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1317907316' post='2818390']
[/quote]

Yes. But not for the bystander. Meaning I don't have to make it fair for anyone else.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317909571' post='2818421']
It's more everyone is amused at the fact that people who mocked Legion for months for being "incompetent" feel the need to call in allies.
[/quote]

They probably didn't [b]need[/b] to. But felt it was the right thing to do: I know I wouldn't object to my allies coming in for a bit of fun if they asked. Even if it triggers a bunch "omg bandwagon", "omg evil curbstomp" and the other buzzwords some like to overuse.

Edited by potato

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317909571' post='2818421']
[/quote]

I don't think any of them said they wouldn't call their allies in, why wouldn't they if their nations where outnumbered?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317909814' post='2818425']
They probably didn't [b]need[/b] to. But felt it was the right thing to do: I know I wouldn't object to my allies coming in for a bit of fun if they asked. Even if it triggers a bunch "omg bandwagon", "omg evil curbstomp" and the other buzzwords some like to overuse.
[/quote]

Those allies were asked in, not the other way around.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1317909968' post='2818428']
I don't think any of them said they wouldn't call their allies in, why wouldn't they if their nations where outnumbered?
[/quote]

Oh of course they would. The more amusing part was the fact that they only mocked Legion because they knew if they finally got called on it their allies would bail them out.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317910294' post='2818431']
[/quote]

I wouldn't know the intricate details since I'm retired and haven't been on IRC for a while. But I do really wonder if there might be some bigger plan involved?

(hint: it's sarcasm)

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317885670' post='2818226']
I'm sure if RoK was gonna declare on Fark (random choice) tomorrow, but then canceled they would say nothing. But if it leaked that they were going to attack tomorrow, even if they canceled it, they would have to publicly say something.
[/quote]

RoK has a treaty with Fark... dumb example.

Oh of course they would. The more amusing part was the fact that they only mocked Legion because they knew if they finally got called on it their allies would bail them out.
[/quote]

Kinda like VE vs Polar?

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' timestamp='1317907316' post='2818390']
You seem a little confused, you realise we are talking about CN, right? Not real life.

[/quote]

I don't know about you... but I usually fight in wars for a purpose. Like gaining a better position politically, or fighting an alliance that deserves it... before I do it for pure entertainment...

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317881410' post='2818140']
Legion will NOT call in its allies because we know its going to be a curbstomp (NSO brings in MJ, Tetris brings in VE/SF/PB IAA brings in C&G).. what the $%&@ is left?

No. We will take our beating, deal as much damage as we receive. Then position ourselves to be better prepared next time.
[/quote]

If Legion sticks to this line of thought. Legion will get alot of props.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317910447' post='2818439']
I wouldn't know the intricate details since I'm retired and haven't been on IRC for a while. But I do really wonder if there might be some bigger plan involved?
[/quote]

You could always read the OPs of the DoWs, potato.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1317910666' post='2818444']
Kinda like VE vs Polar?
[/quote]

Please feel free to share when VE government posted up spied screenshots of Polar forums.

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1317910774' post='2818449']
If Legion sticks to this line of thought. Legion will get alot of props.
[/quote]
Actually I imagine a lot of people will be annoyed with Legion for not kicking off the next big one :v:

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317910829' post='2818451']
Please feel free to share when VE government posted up spied screenshots of Polar forums.
[/quote]

The Tetris offender was ousted from government, and the only other person in the alliance who knew about it was as well. Not to mention Logan trying to ease tensions... and from the logs, looked like he did so successfully.

Obviously the situations are different. In Tetris' case, the CB was on them. But by all accounts they handled the situation properly, and were willing to negotiate with Legion on what else they felt was necessary. Legion, obviously having superior numbers, didn't want anything to do with it, and attacked anyways.

[/quote]

Oh, old friend, you know as well as I do that a bunch of words here mean very little when it comes to the bigger picture.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1317911142' post='2818458']
The Tetris offender was ousted from government, and the only other person in the alliance who knew about it was as well. Not to mention Logan trying to ease tensions... and from the logs, looked like he did so successfully.

Obviously the situations are different. In Tetris' case, the CB was on them. But by all accounts they handled the situation properly, and were willing to negotiate with Legion on what else they felt was necessary. Legion, obviously having superior numbers, didn't want anything to do with it, and attacked anyways.
[/quote]

Yes, because we all know once government is changed all past deeds of the alliance is out the window, right? Polar must surely be jumping with joy.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317911202' post='2818460']
Oh, old friend, you know as well as I do that a bunch of words here mean very little when it comes to the bigger picture.
[/quote]

In the bigger picture, the outcome of this conflict is already decided.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1317911392' post='2818464']
Yes, because we all know once government is changed all past deeds of the alliance is out the window, right? Polar must surely be jumping with joy.
[/quote]

Certainly not, but surely there could have been something Tetris could have done to avoided the conflict. Legion seemed completely unwilling to do so.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1317911506' post='2818465']
Certainly not, but surely there could have been something Tetris could have done to avoided the conflict. Legion seemed completely unwilling to do so.
[/quote]
Expelling the !@#$%^& who made the post seemed like a good start, but they "Stood by their members' actions" which is enough for me.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1317911677' post='2818466']
Expelling the !@#$%^& who made the post seemed like a good start, but they "Stood by their members' actions" which is enough for me.
[/quote]

Edit. Whatever, I don't even know why I'm still arguing this.

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[/quote]

This man gets it.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1317911506' post='2818465']
[/quote]

Tetris earned themselves a fight with what they did and hardly anyone is disagreeing with the validity of Legion's CB.