So here I sit

Arcades057

If Legion is such a terrible alliance, as I have heard so many of you say on these forums, why does it take so many of you to take them down? Couldn't the NSO, Tetris and that Japanese-themed (not that one, the other one. No, the OTHER other one) handle their business without the other two or three alliances that just declared? Or is this just a case of "we don't like x, so we trash talk them!"

Now that the chips are down you lost your guts, have you? Good God I step away for a while... and you just don't change.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to claim they want Legions allies to come in, then call legions allies !@#$%*^ for not coming in.

They are retarded. Legion will NOT call in its allies because we know its going to be a curbstomp (NSO brings in MJ, Tetris brings in VE/SF/PB IAA brings in C&G).. what the $%&@ is left?

No. We will take our beating, deal as much damage as we receive. Then position ourselves to be better prepared next time.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Arcades057' timestamp='1317880494' post='2818115']
If Legion is such a terrible alliance, as I have heard so many of you say on these forums, why does it take so many of you to take them down?
[/quote]

Bacause CN is a game full of double standards.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1317881764' post='2818153']
You tried calling them in last night, but they got scared. You guys are still bigger then everyone involved, so if you were competent you'd win. :awesome:
[/quote]

Actually, I think at this point, the anti-Legion coalition combined is slightly bigger than Legion is. It's pretty much the closest thing to an even war in CN by now though.

[quote name='Arcades057' timestamp='1317880494' post='2818115']
If Legion is such a terrible alliance, as I have heard so many of you say on these forums, why does it take so many of you to take them down? Couldn't the NSO, Tetris and that Japanese-themed (not that one, the other one. No, the OTHER other one) handle their business without the other two or three alliances that just declared? Or is this just a case of "we don't like x, so we trash talk them!"

Now that the chips are down you lost your guts, have you? Good God I step away for a while... and you just don't change.
[/quote]

Why do people continue to act like size of the combatants is irrelevant? Yes its 5v1. The NS of those fighting Legion, didnt pass Legions NS until the last DoW by BTA. Competence aside, more nations, more tech, more NS, will almost always win. How do you overcome that? You close the gap. FFS stop looking at it as 5 alliances vs 1, because its based on the idiotic premise that 1 alliance = 1 alliance.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1317882011' post='2818156']
Why do people continue to act like size of the combatants is irrelevant? Yes its 5v1. The NS of those fighting Legion, didnt pass Legions NS until the last DoW by BTA. Competence aside, more nations, more tech, more NS, will almost always win. How do you overcome that? You close the gap. FFS stop looking at it as 5 alliances vs 1, because its based on the idiotic premise that 1 alliance = 1 alliance.
[/quote]

No, it's based in the premise that after mock Legion so much, after create countless threads talking about the incompetence of Legion as alliance and how they don't know to fight, your side had to eat your own words and look like desperate fools for sending 5 alliance to war Legion and more 2 two aid one of the combatants. Congratulations!

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1317882011' post='2818156']
[/quote]

Theres a few problems I see there..

1) Activity. Every alliances has 'x' amount of active members. Yes, bigger alliances have more active members (hopefully), but generally speaking you get a higher percentage of active members in smaller alliances because theres less inactives ones.

2) External aid. You can have a lot of money flowing in from outside alliances because your friends are bigger.

And yes, since I'm OOC, Legion is not as competent as the average alliance. I think huge strides are made even as we speak though. This war has ramped up activity and nations are taking the advice they are given.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317882704' post='2818167']
No, it's based in the premise that after mock Legion so much, after create countless threads talking about the incompetence of Legion as alliance and how they don't know to fight, your side had to eat your own words and look like desperate fools for sending 5 alliance to war Legion and more 2 two aid one of the combatants. Congratulations!
[/quote]

[img]http://ordoparadox.com/top/public/style_emoticons/default/words.gif[/img]

You are still going to get stomped! :lol1:

[quote name='Arcades057' timestamp='1317880494' post='2818115']snip
[/quote]

Eh, it's natural that others capitalize on an existing conflicts to further their own aims; whether that be a chance to take out an enemy alliance with superior stats or just use it to draw out another, it's the basic strategy of striking when one has the advantage. To claim that other alliances would see any tarnish of immorality upon their own reputations for taking advantage of another's conflict, regardless of the claims of the supposed justice of the original combatants, is to erroneously assume that their is any morality on Bob at all- save survival of the fittest.

*Edit: Though I like your moral outrage at our predicament, forget everything else I just said. I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly. :awesome:

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317882704' post='2818167']
[/quote]

So.. evening the NS is desperation? Lets call a spade a spade here. Since you want to base it on the legions(no pun intended) of people who think Legion is incompetent, a bad alliance, bad fighters. Then I look at those fighting them. Reputations among the players of the game ONLY.. not my personal opinions... NSO... pretty ok. IAA... the opinion of most of the planet is they are a bad alliance. They have been repeatedly mnocked by MANY players in the game for incompetence, inactivity, etc. NsO.. Do I even really have to go there? BTA... most people dont even know who they are. Tetris... Mostly OK from what Ive seen around the game. Its not like the were piled on with overwhelming numbers of a "planetwide consensus" who's who.

[quote name='MeltedLazerz' timestamp='1317883013' post='2818173']
And who said we tried calling them in?
[/quote]

For starters, that whole leaked target list. It's not a big secret that Europa/Invicta was supposed to come in last night.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1317883207' post='2818178']
For starters, that whole leaked target list. It's not a big secret that Europa/Invicta was supposed to come in last night.
[/quote]

As mentioned 1,000 times before making a target list does not mean they are going to war. I bet that there are plenty of target lists of Polar being made up or are already made up. If polar doesn't enter, no war.

Also, for comparison sake:

Tetris side:
(38)+(19)+(128)+(35)+(51) = 271nations
729 160 + 2 679 807 + 683 950 + 1 738 970 + 846 820 = 6 678 707 NS
=> Avg. NS = 24 644.6753

Legion:
241 Nations
=> 24,928 aNS

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1317881764' post='2818153']
You tried calling them in last night, but they got scared. You guys are still bigger then everyone involved, so if you were competent you'd win. :awesome:
[/quote]
Nah, the dudes attacking Legion are bigger in total now. It's not a wide margin, though, so meh. If it stays like this then Legion shouldn't need allies. If they do, they prove the world right.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317883476' post='2818180']
As mentioned 1,000 times before making a target list does not mean they are going to war. I bet that there are plenty of target lists of Polar being made up or are already made up. If polar doesn't enter, no war.
[/quote]
You do realise Invicta and Europa leadership confirmed publicly they were going in but then canceled it?

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317883476' post='2818180']

Also, for comparison sake:

Tetris side:
(38)+(19)+(128)+(35)+(51) = 271nations
729 160 + 2 679 807 + 683 950 + 1 738 970 + 846 820 = 6 678 707 NS
=> Avg. NS = 24 644.6753

Legion:
241 Nations
=> 24,928 aNS
[/quote]

The existance of a target list. A nation jumping the gun on the list. The leader of Europa admitting they were to go in last night and then it got called off. All of that put together. You know what it means? It means that it was Invictas intent to go to war. It means it was Europas intent to go with them. Stop the flipping pretense. The whole game knew of it yesterday morning, HOURS AND HOURS before update.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1317883705' post='2818188']
The existance of a target list. A nation jumping the gun on the list. The leader of Europa admitting they were to go in last night and then it got called off. All of that put together. You know what it means? It means that it was Invictas intent to go to war. It means it was Europas intent to go with them. Stop the flipping pretense. The whole game knew of it yesterday morning, HOURS AND HOURS before update.
[/quote]

A RoK nation 'jumped the gun' and declared on a Legion guy and RoK made target lists already... I'm just going by facts here. This is me OOC, still saying Legion is in the right.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317883663' post='2818186']
You do realise Invicta and Europa leadership confirmed publicly they were going in but then canceled it?
[/quote]

So did RoK, though not publicly. I'm sure there are plenty of alliances that said they were going to go in and then cancelled it.. I know Legion is one of them, and from what I've heard so is NSO, it doesn't mean anything. I'm not going to argue it as we're OOC.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317883663' post='2818186']
[/quote]
to add to this, surely I got sentenced to ZI for no reason, right?