Blood Feud

Aggressivenutmeg

[b]EDIT: OOC: For the purposes of this RP, it takes place after the World War RP[/b]

[b]Stavanger,
Norway,
12th August[/b]

In the weeks and months following the assimilation of the rest of Norway into the Kingdom, and the inclusion of new nobility into the Edleting, the old nobles found their power, and their sway within the Edleting severely diluted. In past days the Edleting had erupted into shouting matches and now, the murder of a noble, Lennart Bolt, one of the founders of the Norwegian nation. He had been shot in the back of the head; so at least he would reach Valhalla.

The longboat was pushed out, into the fjord. After it had floated a little way out, two members of the Bolt House [i]hird[/i](household guard), set the boat alight, and the guessed, including most of the Norwegian nobility, and the King, watched as the boat burned in the fading light of the day. They all said a simple prayer together:

“Lo, There do I see my Father
Lo, There do I see my Mother and
My Brothers and my Sisters
Lo, There do I see the line of my people back to the beginning
Lo, They do call to me
They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla
Where thine enemies have been vanquished
Where the brave shall live Forever
Nor shall we mourn but rejoice for those that have died the glorious death.”

And with that, the party broke up, mingling amongst themselves, some stayed with the family, still on the shore, providing comfort for Lennarts widow. Baldur Benkestok was one of the many nobles now mingling, when he was approached by Jon Løvenskiold.

“It is sad that we meet again, due to the death of a friend.” Jon said, offering his hand, which Baldur shook. “It seems that this row has escalated. We would do well to be on our guard.”

“I do not wish this to get any worse than it already is, but we can’t let the new nobles believe that we will cower in the face of violence. Especially considering what is at stake.” Baldur scowled, “Lennart was our most vocal supporter. We need to strike back.”

“Do you think that wise Baldur, to start a civil war? If we retaliate, they will as well, and it will only get more and more bloody.”

“We need to send a message, and it needs to be clear. The king does nothing to aid our position, we need to act, to secure our power over the Edleting.”

“This is more than fortifying political power Baldur! We are talking murder and war! If we are caught, what do you think will happen to us? We will go to prison! Our families will be stripped of everything; hell the nobility may well be dismantled!” Jon retorted, angerly.

“If the King and the military continue to sit on the fence on this issue, then will have to act alone. I will call a meeting in a few days. We need to sort this out.”

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

• 2 weeks later...

[b]Trondheim,
Norway,
9th September[/b]

Magnus Kellssen lit a cigarette as he approached the man tied to the chair. The [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPgFnRdTcKE"]radio[/url] was playing in the background. As he approached, the man in the chair began to squerm, trying to screem dipite the duck tape over his mouth. Tyr Berregaard was the man that was before Kellssen, he was suspected by Jarl Benkestok to be connected to the murder of Lennart Bolt. He was the 3rd man in a month since Bolts death. looked him in the eye, before exhailing in his face, Berregaard simpily writhed in his seat, straining his bonds. Kellssen looked over at one of his men standing behind Berregaard and gave him a nod. The guard stepped forward, knuckledusters in hand, he threw a few punches at Berregaard. Kellssen pulled a switchblade out from his pocket, and danced his way to Berregaard "It's so hard to keep this smile from my face, Losing control, yeah, I'm all over the place." A smile cam over his face as the muscle held him down. He flicked out the blade, and saw the terror in Berregaard eyes.

A few hours later, Kellssen was splashing gasoline over the warehouse. Berregaard was dead and tomorrow his family would recive several of his extremities in the mail. The others had already left, with the jerry can empty, he tossed it away, and droped his cigarette bud in the way out of the building. "Sir? It Kellssen. Yes sir, its taken care of. Okay sir, on my way." and with that, he was off, leaving the warehouse to illuminate the night sky, as all evidence of their crime was burnt away in the flames.