Prep thread for ITOK

Maelstrom Vortex

Basically I had this idea, thanks to my addiction to mount and blade, to call a CNRP international tournament of Knights. I'm going to develop a scoring system for it based on a combination of random chance and quality of posting/rp/detail. This thread is going to be the thread to plan and prepare for this event as well as take suggestions from the general public on how to do this well and ideas they may have for it. The Tournament will be held in Angers and will likely become a regular international event/fair.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Sound like a good idea? Fun concept? What would you like to see and do with it?

All ideas are welcome so long as they are related to the forum of Medieval combat.

Centurius, it's a Renaissance festival. You don't have to be in Medieval times to have an old fashioned tournament. I'm thinking of acting as sole judge or having a panel of 3 judges able to allocate up to 5% bonuses to a particular side of a given combat, skewing results from 50/50 odds up to 15% based on style, posting content, and quality. Then use a random roller to determine the outcome of the actions stated. After 5 successful strikes, the opponent would fall unconscious to blows or yield, option given to the loser as to how they wish to go out.

So for example, in a combat we would say with jousting..

Combatant A goes first, posting the charge, what he's doing in the charge, if it's not a lance-only joust which weapon he is using, where he's aiming, and a general attempt to make a strike.

Based on the post the judges in an ooc thread would post their endorsements or abstain. Endorsements would be added to odds of a success. The roll would be made, and if successful a point allocated.

Then combatant B would do their response, same procedure would be used.

If combatant a misses and b, then they pass, no hit. If A and B both hit, both score points and MAY be dismounted (we'll leave that up to the combatants). If one hits and the other does not, then one scores a hit, the other misses.. and the struck person may be dismounted... (again up to the recipient of the blow).

Proceed until one or both have 5 points If both get to 5 points simultaneously, the result is a tie and both cede the fight or get ko'd.

So procedure would be

1. Poster A
2. Judge/roll
3. Allocate score
4. Poster B
5. Judge/roll
6. Allocate score

Until someone got 5.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Warrior characters.. or simply nostalgic Renaissance Fair competitor characters. You can make a serious effort or just send folks from your country who are interested in representing your country. I'll see if I can't come up with something for archery, throwing axes, and melee as well.

For archery I think I'll pm the other two judges a number I come up with with between 0-500 and then allocate points based on proximity of a guess from a competitor where within 10 would be a bulls eye. 10-30 would be 20 points 30-50 10 points, 50-70 5 points, 70-100 1 point, and anything greater would be out of bounds. Change the number for each competitor of course.

If it is a competition based on Medieval European concepts of knights how can it be an international tournament? Wont it better instead to be renamed different so that medieval warriors from all the cultures of the world, Indian, Persian, Arab, Chinese, Native American, African etc can be portrayed rather than just the lobster knights of Europe? Otherwise this competition would be as International as World Series of American football, :P