Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1317750168' post='2816240']
I always laugh when 5k nations come talking a big game. Most, if not all, mass member alliances have inactive/ghost nations in your strength range. Assuming like this is the gauge for an alliances war capabilities is laughable at best.
[/quote]

Hey, I've had a big nation before. I'm a 4-year vet of Bob, I know how things work. I'm not the only one experiencing this anyhow. Regardless, I'd hope that Legion would be trying to teach their newcomers how to fight. Guess not.

Edited by Jake Liebenow

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317746182' post='2816166']
Please present some statistics.
[/quote]

I think the only statistic that matters is Legion has a 1000 more nukes then Tetris and NSO combined. I know Legion likes to fight wars in DEFCON 5 and have no idea what they are doing but, even they should be able to hit that nuke button 1K extra times. At least NSO gets to have some fun.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317750198' post='2816241']
You joined Polar in flip-flopping and bailing out of Bipolar once it appeared that the odds were no longer in your favour and the curbstomp was going to go the other way.
[/quote]
Now now, Polar betrayed *all* of us. Not just the NSO. STA too. Everyone! They betrayed all the allies! Lumping STA in with that just isn't fair.

Also, when y'all enter the war, I believe NSO policy will be to launch one cruise missile per word in each of the stories you used to tell back in our chan. By my calculations, that alone should be enough to leave your alliance ZI'd :v:

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317750198' post='2816241']
You joined Polar in flip-flopping and bailing out of Bipolar once it appeared that the odds were no longer in your favour and the curbstomp was going to go the other way.
[/quote]
Haf. i dislike STA a great deal. moralists make me want to punch baby kittens BUT when Polar flipped out and peaced with \m/ PC and FOK, STA had no reason to stay and fight CSN. Why should they have? Just for !@#$% and giggles?

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1317757785' post='2816326']
I think the only statistic that matters is Legion has a 1000 more nukes then Tetris and NSO combined. I know Legion likes to fight wars in DEFCON 5 and have no idea what they are doing but, even they should be able to hit that nuke button 1K extra times. At least NSO gets to have some fun.
[/quote]
To be fair, Tetris has 12 Strategic Defense Initiatives.

Also, interesting stat, both alliances are hovering right around 33% of the alliance having an SDI.

I feel like the National Football League, presenting statistics that don't mean anything just so commentators can have something else to do if they get bored with the game. Kind of a parallel to this.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317755523' post='2816311']
You go right on ahead making an ass out of yourself. *pats your head* It's so pathetic that it's almost cute.
[/quote]
So, in other words, as usual I'm right and you are trying to avoid admitting it by making derogatory remarks about my character.

Which is how this started, incidentally. You have yet to produce a single example backing up this statement.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1317739718' post='2816090']
He doesn't have the testicular fortitude to do that.
[/quote]
And you won't, because there isn't one.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317758764' post='2816336']
Haf. i dislike STA a great deal. moralists make me want to punch baby kittens BUT when Polar flipped out and peaced with \m/ PC and FOK, STA had no reason to stay and fight CSN. Why should they have? Just for !@#$% and giggles?
[/quote]
They could have, you know, stayed and helped the coalition they helped form.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317758764' post='2816336']
[/quote]

Actually, iirc STA had been boned during that war, because they had no one to counter for them. NSO came in and helped out STA even though at the time they did not have a treaty.

After the Polar peace, STA could have easily returned the favor by continuing fighting CSN if they wanted to. It would have been a nice gesture to NSO. It's hard to claim that STA hasn't tried repaying that debt though. (with the 6mil war, and several other situations) so it's kind of a w/e argument.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317760018' post='2816356']
So, in other words, as usual I'm right and you are trying to avoid admitting it by making derogatory remarks about my character.

Which is how this started, incidentally. You have yet to produce a single example backing up this statement.

[/quote]
In STA's defense, they didnt form it. Polar did. Since none of STA's allies followed them in, they had no real obligation to stay in the war when peace was offered to them.

Quite contrary to what happened to us Sith, who were held at war for a longer period of time before being offered peace, if I remember accurately. Please don't try and tarnish guiltless parties with the brush of BiPolar, when the actual perpetrators have made no bones about their culpability.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317759602' post='2816347']

I feel like the National Football League, presenting statistics that don't mean anything just so commentators can have something else to do if they get bored with the game. Kind of a parallel to this.
[/quote]
That's pretty much what the 2nd half of this thread has been, very disappointing.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1317760451' post='2816360']
Actually, iirc STA had been boned during that war, because they had no one to counter for them. NSO came in and helped out STA even though at the time they did not have a treaty.

After the Polar peace, STA could have easily returned the favor by continuing fighting CSN if they wanted to. It would have been a nice gesture to NSO. It's hard to claim that STA hasn't tried repaying that debt though. (with the 6mil war, and several other situations) so it's kind of a w/e argument.
[/quote]

Yeah, we felt horrible about that. We thought they had received peace, and were told they had, and somehow, they hadn't, and weren't going to be. It was a mess.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317760018' post='2816356']

[/quote]

I really don't know any other way to say it to make you understand the very simple words. You have no idea what you are talking about. You're way off base. You can see, from other responses to you here, that others who were there understand what happened. I don't know why you don't get it.

Oh wait. Yes I do. Because you're just that kind of special. Never change, Haflinger. Never change.

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1317763090' post='2816399']
Hmmmmmmmmm...

7 of the top 10 NSO nations in peace mode.

5 of the top *40* Legion nations in peace mode.
[/quote]

So sorry, we're employing an offensive strategy to ensure we beat you. It's high time someone showed the Legion how to use peace mode as an offensive tactic, rather let you all labor under the assumption thats its simply a means to hide from any and all potential threats to infrastructure.

No need to worry, though. Youll be seeing them soon enough. How long until those numbers are reversed, I wonder? Cant wait to find out.

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1317748302' post='2816209']Tetris isn't strong enough to withstand a full-blown war against the Legion, which leaves me seriously questioning their judgement in spying on the purple fellows (whether or not they performed the actual act of spying is frankly irrelevant, as they collaborated with the spies that [i]did[/i] do the act, which is equally valid as a casus belli).[/quote]
someone with more time and energy than me needs to address this train wreck

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1317764446' post='2816412']
someone with more time and energy than me needs to address this train wreck
[/quote]
You should spend what little time and energy you apparently have to actually say something and not simply demand someone else to address my "train wreck". The least you could do is use proper punctuation and spelling, man. Grammar Nazi, etc.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317763828' post='2816406']
So sorry, we're employing an offensive strategy to ensure we beat you. It's high time someone showed the Legion how to use peace mode as an offensive tactic, rather let you all labor under the assumption thats its simply a means to hide from any and all potential threats to infrastructure.

No need to worry, though. Youll be seeing them soon enough. How long until those numbers are reversed, I wonder? Cant wait to find out.
[/quote]

Like the Zen master said, "We'll see..."

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1317764828' post='2816416']
You should spend what little time and energy you apparently have to actually say something and not simply demand someone else to address my "train wreck". The least you could do is use proper punctuation and spelling, man. Grammar Nazi, etc.
[/quote]

How dare you impugn Voytek's grammatical excellence with your horrendous sentence fragments?

I will see you at the hustings, sir!

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1317764828' post='2816416']
[/quote]
nope sorry

[quote name='Louisa' timestamp='1317766162' post='2816429']
How dare you impugn Voytek's grammatical excellence with your horrendous sentence fragments?

I will see you at the hustings, sir!
[/quote]
well it's slightly annoying when people say things in this format

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1317757785' post='2816326']
[/quote]

Fun fact: The Legion has 5 more nukes than Umbrella.

I think it's fair to say that we would stand no chance against them since they would get to hit the nuke button 5 more times