Rep Repayment Plan

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1317567962' post='2813856']
I'll give you points, forced might not of been the best choice of words, but we were told that us accepting the reps was the only way peace would be achieved.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, I can understand their holding up the peace process. I suppose I cannot blame you for giving in to end the darn thing then. Still, your announcement does come across as a "feel sorry for me" type thing, though I do doubt that was your intent.[/color]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1317573905' post='2813912']
So very noble legacy!!

I mean really, come on lol
[/quote]

How is it not exactly noble? They took reps, despite not wanting to take reps, to end a war. They then, repaid those reps later on.

I would call that quite noble actually.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1317574073' post='2813913']
How is it not exactly noble? They took reps, despite not wanting to take reps, to end a war. They then, repaid those reps later on.

I would call that quite noble actually.
[/quote]

It's not that as much as maybe they wouldn't need to try so hard if they put on knee pads.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317573406' post='2813910']
[color="#0000FF"]Well, I can understand their holding up the peace process. I suppose I cannot blame you for giving in to end the darn thing then. Still, your announcement does come across as a "feel sorry for me" type thing, though I do doubt that was your intent.[/color]
[/quote]
Yeah that wasnt the intent. Everyone interprets differently though I suppose

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1317574582' post='2813918']
It's not that as much as maybe they wouldn't need to try so hard if they put on knee pads.
[/quote]

Heh. You need to learn what actually happened it seems. Legacy did the best thing to end a war that was being prolonged by their allies (at the time). I don't call that needing knee pads at all. In fact, I would say Legacy did exactly what they felt needed doing in order to accomplish the goals they were seeking to accomplish.

But please, keep spouting nonsense and attempt to make Legacy look bad. You are allied to GOD, enough said on that point already.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317567035' post='2813846']
[color="#0000ff"]As decent as this move may be, and I will applaud it, am I to truly believe that you were [i]forced[/i] to accept reparations that you did not feel were justified? Give me a break.[/color]
[/quote]

This. This topic screams of "wah I want attention look at GOD they're mean am I cool yet?"

I get that you dont' like them. Hell, you cancelled a treaty with them and signed with someone they were feuding with at the time, as you spare no effort to point out in the OP, a big FU.

This topic is everything that happens on a near every day basis in most alliances back channels and I doubt it would have been publicized if it wasn't GOD.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1317568031' post='2813857']However, all I will say (as a quasi-retort) is that in no way did we force you to do anything. Did we push you into the decision? Yes, I will own up to that on behalf of CSN. [/quote]

Semantics.

If someone tells you to kill a puppy, or they'll shoot your sister, you still have the choice to let them kill your sister. They're not forcing you to kill a puppy at all. This is your response? Laughable.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1317582179' post='2813960']
Semantics.

If someone tells you to kill a puppy, or they'll shoot your sister, you still have the choice to let them kill your sister. They're not forcing you to kill a puppy at all. This is your response? Laughable.
[/quote]

An interesting analogy. Which of the two would you pick?

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1317582179' post='2813960']
[/quote]

Hyperbolic metaphors make for such wonderful arguments.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1317587512' post='2814046']
[/quote]

Fine, so then there would have been no repercussions for not taking the money originally, is that your story?

Seems to me that if you had any respect for Legacy as an alliance, you wouldn't have even asked that they take the reparations in the first place. But that's not how things are done in Xiph County. <_<

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1317592230' post='2814125']
Fine, so then there would have been no repercussions for not taking the money originally, is that your story?[/quote]

No idea, to be completely honest. Equating it, though, to us killing their sister is rather absurd. Upon thinking about it (and reflecting), our main issue with Legacy at the time was them expressing their opinions to DT before CSN. That fact doesn't really have any grit or bearing obviously since either way we knew their opinion one way or another; it just didn't help an already strained relationship. So in my mind, I wouldn't think there to be any repercussions for our ally to not take the reparations (at least none that I would ever pursue).

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317587284' post='2814043']
An interesting analogy. Which of the two would you pick?
[/quote]

Well, I like puppies, and I'm not too fond of my sister. I like my niece though, so I'd have to think on this one.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1317587512' post='2814046']
[/quote]

Blowing it off because it's "hyperbolic metaphor" doesn't make the argument any less valid.

"Take reps or we never allow this front to close and end this public relations debacle." ..is that a better metaphor?

Lets see. so much to comment on.

First and foremost, Sarn, very noble move in giving it back, albiet The Brain told CSN/co to take a hike with the reps but you went through with the plan instead of just leaving the war ala Brain. So +1 for giving it back but -1 for taking it in the first place. returning something you stole doesnt exactly remove guilt.

SOM: Let me make sure i read your posts correctly(i need more sleep) you are telling us that CSN told Legacy "accept these reps or peace will be delayed"? thats pretty shady. Unless it came from a third party in which case shame on CSN for continuing to listen to anyone but themselves

RV: STOP THAT! i keep reading your posts and agree with them

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1317595467' post='2814179']
Blowing it off because it's "hyperbolic metaphor" doesn't make the argument any less valid.[/quote]

False analogies are informal fallacies, thus rendering any "point" being made illogical in the first place, and hyperbolic statements are just straight up lexical fallacies. Not that it really matters (since we both know what you were referring to), but that would make your argument "less valid".

[quote]"Take reps or we never allow this front to close and end this public relations debacle." ..is that a better metaphor?
[/quote]

Or Legacy could have been much more forthcoming and steadfast in their convictions. If anyone honestly thinks we had the military tenacity, let alone public relations & morale, to hold DT at war for very much longer... they are truly, truly, [i]truly[/i] stupid (three times over). And our political capital was largely spent fighting a losing PR battle, so the likelihood of us bringing in "one of our friends" was extremely low (at best). Legacy was aware of this fact as well, though I'm not sure DT was aware (else I doubt they would have surrendered). We bit off more than we could chew and came out with a dislocated jaw, cracked teeth, and a singed tongue. Why else do you think the reparations quickly dropped from 40,000 to the later agreed terms (of which only 5,000 had to come out of internal DT coffers to CSN)? Putting aside the reparations altogether, all indices show the same trend: we were biding our time trying to convince DT to surrender (albeit poorly for the overwhelming majority of the discussions) and Legacy would interject here and there. It was absolutely disrespectful to knowingly push Legacy against the grain, but they were so soft-spoken about it we hadn't realized the actual amplitude of their disagreement until we had a sit-down prior to the cancellation of our treaty.

Admittedly that is a better metaphor. Props.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317596964' post='2814196']
SOM: Let me make sure i read your posts correctly(i need more sleep) you are telling us that CSN told Legacy "accept these reps or peace will be delayed"? thats pretty shady. Unless it came from a third party in which case shame on CSN for continuing to listen to anyone but themselves
[/quote]

Care to quote where I said that? If I explicitly said that (which I don't think I did) it was either responding to someone else, or I misspoke. We never once told Legacy "accept these reps or peace will be delayed". It just so happened that the reparations were a sticking point that resulted in peace being delayed. Just making sure those two points are clear.

EDIT:

Changed "didn't" to "don't think I did"; didn't make sense with the rest of the sentence. :P

Edited by SpacingOutMan