The Save UPN Fund

Seerow

By now everybody on Bob knows all about the attack on UPN by NG. NG requested an entirely reasonable amount of reparations for two attacked nations, that was more or less equal to the value of what was destroyed. UPN declined, offered to pay 1/10th of the amount, and got attacked.

Now since then, we have had several members of Polaris pledge to pay the money for UPN, if it stops the war. Personally? I'm not in NG, and have almost no contact with anyone there, so I don't know what they want. I also have no real cause to love UPN, and am just as happy to see them rolled.

But, this pledging of money to save another alliance intrigues me, so here we are. I am starting a list right now of everyone who is willing to pledge to pay money to NG/their protectorates, to save UPN. I am sure whenever the pledges hit whatever arbitrary amount NG wants, they will stop and collect on the money. So let's see how high we can get the pledges to go?

Right now we have the following pledges:
Total-[b]168mil[/b]

Donation Pledges: 105mil
AlmightyGrub-30mil
D34th-30mil
brokenhead-30mil
Feanor Noldorin-9mil
The Big Bad - 3mil
Unknown Smurf -3mil (4.5mil if nation has a FAC)

Pledges Contingent upon Calendar Completion: 63mil
Mathias-3mil
Tamerlane-3mil
Captain Spock-9mil
Seerow-9mil
sir pwnage-12mil
Eumirbago - 3mil
King Ernie - 3mil
rtellez06 - 12mil
KodaHack-6mil
Ch33kY-3mil

NG Pledges to UPN for a Calendar: [b]21mil[/b]
Erwin Schrodinger-3mil
ALFERALFER-18mil (note: Wants someone to hit him up to 7mil casualties)

Remember, all monetary pledges must be made in increments of 3mil, or 50 tech. I will continue to update this post with any further pledges. Let's see how much money Bob is willing to raise to save UPN.

Edited by Seerow

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NeCoHo' timestamp='1317310344' post='2811708']
I'll pledge negative 90 million dollars.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, negative amounts are not available for bidding at this time. We cannot allow outside alliances to profit from this venture. All procedes go directly to NG for the saving of UPN.

[quote]I pledge 1 Legion. You may value that as you wish.
[/quote]

An interesting pledge. I take this to mean you will convince Legion to pay 15,000,000 per member. At 244 nations that is a whopping pledge of 3.66billion. Unfortunately, I cannot accept this pledge at this time, as at the moment pledges are only accepted from individuals. Should we open up alliance wide pledges, I will be sure to include this generous offer.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317310867' post='2811730']
Seerow beat me. I was hoping to work up some images with Jerry Lewis in them to increase the effect.
[/quote]

You are encouraged to do anything you can to help raise support for the fund. We still have only 90mil on the table, I am sure there are more than 3 people in the world willing to pay to save UPN.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317311009' post='2811735']
You are encouraged to do anything you can to help raise support for the fund. We still have only 90mil on the table, I am sure there are more than 3 people in the world willing to pay to save UPN.
[/quote]
You have a never-before-seen faith in the people of this particular world.

Where did you get it?

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1317311114' post='2811739']
At this point in time, it's a far simpler solution to just let the United Purple Nations reap what they sowed.
[/quote]
I want to declare war on your alliance just for what you have done to Giovanni in your avatar.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317311213' post='2811742']
I want to declare war on your alliance just for what you have done to Giovanni in your avatar.
[/quote]

No. Don't. The "Save Franz" thread would completely overwhelm this one, and UPN would never raise enough money to be free :(

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317310974' post='2811733']
UPN was right to reject your extortion...but...we'll all pitch in to pay multiple times the amount originally asked to save our own ass.

:mellow:
[/quote]

GATO keep posturing how if they were fearless fighters willing to burn their infra for their allies, must I remember you in every post that GATO members make trying to portrait themselves as great warmongers that your alliance repeatedly abandoned your allies? First in NSO war and after that in the last war when you surrendered just after 12 days after declare war?

I'd prefer to pay the reparations and save my nukes for a better use than fight in defense of an tech raider, but as I already said, if UPN decides to stay at war doesn't think even for a moment that I and other Polaris members would not fight in defense of our allies if ordered to.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317311291' post='2811744']
No. Don't. The "Save Franz" thread would completely overwhelm this one, and UPN would never raise enough money to be free :(
[/quote]
It's fair to say I would only accept tech only. I have enough money pools to swim in as it is, but still, I could use that little extra to build some more condos.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317311539' post='2811748']
GATO keep posturing how if they were fearless fighters willing to burn their infra for their allies, must I remember you in every post that GATO members make trying to portrait themselves as great warmongers that your alliance repeatedly abandoned your allies? First in NSO war and after that in the last war when you surrendered just after 12 days after declare war?

I'd prefer to pay the reparations and save my nukes for a better use than fight in defense of an tech raider, but as I already said, if UPN decides to stay at war doesn't think even for a moment that I and other Polaris members would not fight in defense of our allies if ordered to.
[/quote]

If you have to stoop to giving GATO !@#$ you already lost. By all means bow down and pay.