Announcement from Non Grata

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='fluffyewunga' timestamp='1317289890' post='2811490']
I'd rather the brawl myself. Dob's has made a mistake but hasn't been given much chance to make up for it with the sham that was reps discussions. Yes reps are owed. Fair 1's.
[/quote]

WELL WELL WELL

Defend your friends. You know you gotta.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1317290347' post='2811492']
No, someone earlier accused them of not negotiating when it is clear from the logs they tried and that NG was not interested. You really do have an issue with comprehension.
[/quote]

I don't think I accused anyone of not negotiating?

I can think of... *more interesting* things that NG could have done.... (And that PC likely would have.)

In the mean time... :popcorn:

[quote name='Sakura' timestamp='1317293574' post='2811509']
I don't think I accused anyone of not negotiating?

I can think of... *more interesting* things that NG could have done.... (And that PC likely would have.)

In the mean time... :popcorn:
[/quote]

Jesus Christ you are dense.

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1317273941' post='2811164']
OMG, you got me, I should have known someone would have caught this :rolleyes: Yeah the ODP was the cause of my smug and condescending attitude, it really has nothing to do with what Polar will do or NOT do. :blink:

The world will be much better without the NPO and of course UPN can do w/e and decide what their reps are fair :lol1:
[/quote]
Maybe you recall a war not so long ago where a large alliance on red was relunctant to get involved and a lot of folks were baiting or ridiculing said alliance for not getting involved. Ring a bell? And now a few months and an ODP later you are doing the baiting/ridiculing, see thats the "rich" part that went right over your head.

Edited by conistonslim

What the $%&@ UPN?

It's only 30 million, two nations could pay that in one go. Ideally, the offending nations. Hell, NG is being lenient with this...if someone's MoD attacked my alliance, I'd have him ZI'd AND I would've demanded reparations.

Roll them NG, roll them all.

Edited by Vulpes Inculta

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1317293785' post='2811514']
Maybe you recall a war not so long ago where a large alliance on red was relunctant to get involved and a lot of folks were baiting or ridiculing said alliance for not getting involved. Ring a bell? And now a few months and an ODP later you are doing the baiting/ridiculing, see thats the "rich" part that went right over your head.
[/quote]

There is a difference here. Their (Polar) ally did something stupid (very stupid). Polaris came in and basically defended UPN's stupidity. Enter counter arguments as to why UPN was wrong followed by Polaris sticking up for them. Polaris is being called on that defense, not random bs. In fact the comments actually made were Polar has two choices. Get UPN to see the light of simply being accountable and making this situation go away by dealing with the reps OR defend your ally in this war. Again this wasn't pulled out of the blue, these comments came on the heels of Polaris comments. Similarities, not nearly what you are trying to say.

edited out because I saw you were STA and not Polar.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1317294312' post='2811521']
There is a difference here. Their (Polar) ally did something stupid (very stupid). Polaris came in and basically defended UPN's stupidity. Enter counter arguments as to why UPN was wrong followed by Polaris sticking up for them. Polaris is being called on that defense, not random bs. In fact the comments actually made were Polar has two choices. Get UPN to see the light of simply being accountable and making this situation go away by dealing with the reps OR defend your ally in this war. Again this wasn't pulled out of the blue, these comments came on the heels of Polaris comments. Similarities, not nearly what you are trying to say.

[/quote]

UPN knows about accountability. Fair accountability. Paying opportunists off doesn't make them go away.

[quote name='fluffyewunga' timestamp='1317294664' post='2811524']
UPN knows about accountability. Fair accountability. Paying opportunists off doesn't make them go away.
[/quote]

As has been pointed out, damages were likely in the 12m range. 30m simply isn't that much by any stretch for a gov member to fix the situation of raiding two protected nations. This is certainly nothing to get on the cross about. Fair accountability btw, can never be determined by the two sides. So in a case like this, the one who created the error bears the expense of making the offended party whole. Trust me I can speak volumes about this from direct experience. Simply put you don't get to cause the offense and then determine what you "should" pay.

[/quote]

I haven't seen anyone from Polar defending UPN's raid. Perhaps you can link me to such statements?

There is a difference between sticking up for your ally to get a better deal and condoning the stupidity that caused the confrontation in the first place. Then again, I'm sure you know that already.

[quote name='fluffyewunga' timestamp='1317294664' post='2811524']
[/quote]
Considering we are still waiting for the actual losses to get a proper figure for how much damage was done, and its been shown that the 30m was a reasonable estimation [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105625&view=findpost&p=2811488"]See here[/url], I think that fair accountability might have already been offered, and refused.

With all the new fangled eternal protection of historical AA's on this game, it is amazing to me, that gov member of raiding alliances, do not have a list of these AA's( as 99% of them are pointed out in an OP on this forum). It might well help to avoide these situations.

Everyone also is so hell bent on dollars and cents. How much money worth of infra, tech, and land were done. Let us not forget, citizens died in this raid. It is nice to know that UPN puts such a low value on life that $30 million for the deaths of hundreds, maybe thousands, was too much to expect. OOC: Come on guys, all of this forum is IC, and when you kill infra, you kill people(OOC).

[/quote]
*shrugs* Not worth debating/arguing about.

Poor UPN.

Was the tech raid a huge failure? I find it very difficult to believe there is only 3m worth of damage to a single nation in a raid, let alone 2. None of the figures I've seen posted so far take into account the most expensive piece and thats LAND. If the nations were anarchied then I would have to presume tech and land were stolen.

In other News..
There is a chilly breeze blowing on Planet Bob today. A peek at the Old Tech Farmers Almanac suggests winter just may come early this year.

-Tron(doppler 5)ix

edit: early morning grammatical error.

Edited by TRON IX

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1317295195' post='2811530']
I haven't seen anyone from Polar defending UPN's raid. Perhaps you can link me to such statements?

There is a difference between sticking up for your ally to get a better deal and condoning the stupidity that caused the confrontation in the first place. Then again, I'm sure you know that already.
[/quote]

I was referring to them defending UPN's actions post raid Tyga. The acting like this is extortion as if there is some high moral ground here is just making it all worse.