MAROONITY AT LAST!

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317267454' post='2810768']
I repeat my, "why don't you just go ahead and attack instead of making puns about doing so", posturing only takes you so far.
[/quote]
Oh no, Mogar has seen through our charade and is calling us out. Guess he's just too smart for us!

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1317267529' post='2810772']
Attack? Why? And with what casus belli?
[/quote]

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317267536' post='2810773']
Who are we supposed to be attacking now?
[/quote]

see:
[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1317265954' post='2810739']
As a member of this fine establishment I feel it's inherent to our interests to [b][font="Georgia"]M[/font][/b]urder [b][font="Georgia"]E[/font][/b]very [b][font="Georgia"]A[/font][/b]lliance [b][font="Georgia"]T[/font][/b]aking our senate seats...
[/quote]
or any of the other numerous posts in this thread, after all the saber rattling over the past few months against superfriends, 4 of the alliances doing the saber rattling moving to the sphere with the majority of superfriends on it is surely just a coincidence, right? I'm disappointed in all of you pretending like this is, at least when NPO was in power that had the balls to say what they were planning and screw whoever wanted to stop them, and the "we need a CB" comment almost made me spit soda on my screen, we all know CBs are so last summmmmer.
[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317267740' post='2810778']
Oh no, Mogar has seen through our charade and is calling us out. Guess he's just too smart for us!
[/quote]
Doesn't require too much intelligence, but sitting around waiting for the war to begin is boring, I prefer to solve my problems on the battlefield over backrooms.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317267454' post='2810767']
Perhaps the punchline is that it took joining the alliance that spurned you to get what you always wanted.
[/quote]
Viridia is an alliance aimed at all ages. It simply could have never sustained my desire for rampant obscenity and phallic humor like the Kingdom can.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1317265954' post='2810739']
As a member of this fine establishment I feel it's inherent to our interests to [b][font="Georgia"]M[/font][/b]urder [b][font="Georgia"]E[/font][/b]very [b][font="Georgia"]A[/font][/b]lliance [b][font="Georgia"]T[/font][/b]aking our senate seats...

We cannot settle for a mere two seats and be content with mediocrity...maybe alliances outside of MEAT on Maroon in the senate should consider joining it so as to join in on the meaty goodness.
[/quote]
Is this an invitation for GoD to join?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317267769' post='2810779']
see:

or any of the other numerous posts in this thread, after all the saber rattling over the past few months against superfriends, 4 of the alliances doing the saber rattling moving to the sphere with the majority of superfriends on it is surely just a coincidence, right? I'm disappointed in all of you pretending like this is, at least when NPO was in power that had the balls to say what they were planning and screw whoever wanted to stop them, and the "we need a CB" comment almost made me spit soda on my screen, we all know CBs are so last summmmmer.

Doesn't require too much intelligence, but sitting around waiting for the war to begin is boring, I prefer to solve my problems on the battlefield over backrooms.
[/quote]
You start off this post criticising MK for supposed 'sabre rattling' (and then cited Owned-You, someone who has no authority and openly acknowledges that he is a ~bad poster~), and then switch to acting like the ~tough guy~ with your melodramatic "I prefer to solve my problems on the battlefield over backrooms." So which is it? Do you back war or do you hate war? Or are you incapable of making the same point at the end of your post as you were at the beginning?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1317268131' post='2810785']
You start off this post criticising MK for supposed 'sabre rattling' (and then cited Owned-You, someone who has no authority and openly acknowledges that he is a ~bad poster~), and then switch to acting like the ~tough guy~ with your melodramatic "I prefer to solve my problems on the battlefield over backrooms." So which is it? Do you back war or do you hate war? Or are you incapable of making the same point at the end of your post as you were at the beginning?
[/quote]
I'd prefer not to go to war, but it's fairly obvious who you guys are gunning for, personally, I don't even mind you guys joining the sphere, but to pretend like this is not a move that is in preparation for war against us would be foolhardy, at best.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317268320' post='2810794']
I'd prefer not to go to war, but it's fairly obvious who you guys are gunning for, personally, I don't even mind you guys joining the sphere, but to pretend like this is not a move that is in preparation for war against us would be foolhardy, at best.
[/quote]
You're going to have to explain the rather large jump from switching spheres to annoy someone (i.e. what has actually happened) and declaring war (i.e. something that exists in your head).

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1317268561' post='2810819']
You're going to have to explain the rather large jump from switching spheres to annoy someone (i.e. what has actually happened) and declaring war (i.e. something that exists in your head).
[/quote]
senate = sanctions = more than a simple annoyance, example would be kingzog on red.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1317267311' post='2810762']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/aE2f3.png[/img]

I hope you enjoy this so much, that it flies over all your great monuments and cities!
[/quote]

I think you should keep the aqua and orange in the shield to show your heritage and to make the flag less monochromatic.

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2i9i6ok.png[/img]

[/quote]

Here mogar I'll make you happy, we're preparing for war with a maroon alliance, we're coming for you PFJ!

Edited by TheListener

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317268638' post='2810826']
I think you should keep the aqua and orange in the shield to show your heritage and to make the flag less monochromatic.

[/quote]
I really do love your flag designs.
[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1317268713' post='2810833']
Here mogar I'll make you happy, we're preparing for war with a maroon alliance, we're coming for you PFJ!
[/quote]
tell me something I don't know?

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317268638' post='2810826']

[/quote]

Honestly, the Aqua looks terrible on the Maroon. But we did have a version that kept the Vanguard Orange on the shield, which I didn't mind too much.

I also don't mind monochrome though, so am fine with what was posted originally.

[/quote]
It [u]is[/u] fair to see who we are gunning for... NPO better watch their backs. Ebli Pacificans :ehm:

EDIT: The Maroon MK flag actually looks pretty sweet. Blue doesn't work to well though.

Edited by Bob Ilyani

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317268810' post='2810837']
Honestly, the Aqua looks terrible on the Maroon. But we did have a version that kept the Vanguard Orange on the shield, which I didn't mind too much.

I also don't mind monochrome though, so am fine with what was posted originally.
[/quote]
It actually had a very Hokies feel to it. Very fitting with the season.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317268617' post='2810824']
senate = sanctions = more than a simple annoyance, example would be kingzog on red.
[/quote]
Zog's campaign was different for a multitude of reasons. Plus the fact that sanctions are basically never used in alliance wars. But ok!

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1317265862' post='2810738']
Maroon will be [b]in need of a stewart[/b] to ensure the stability MEAT has delivered continues on when the forces move on to the next battle in our efforts to defeat the scourge of instability.
[/quote]

A Stewart? Like this one?

[img]http://moombahtonic.net/__oneclick_uploads/2011/05/stewie.gif[/img]

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1317268617' post='2810824']
[/quote]
Okay, let's try this again.

Now explain the leap from senate to sanctions. Also explain our motivation for sanctioning SF members at random and then say how the sanctioning of SF members would lead to us getting a war.

Then explain what on earth Kingzog has to do with this situation.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317269102' post='2810852']
Plus the fact that sanctions are basically never used in alliance wars.
[/quote]

The update to the Resourse system in game has changed a lot of things... evident by this very announcement... who is to say more elements of play wont totally change including war sanctions? Unless some AA's/Color Unity Groups want to start making a pact that they wont use them in general alliance wars then I'd be afraid they are a posibility until it is proved otherwise.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1317269436' post='2810870']
Okay, let's try this again.

Now explain the leap from senate to sanctions. Also explain our motivation for sanctioning SF members at random and then say how the sanctioning of SF members would lead to us getting a war.

Then explain what on earth Kingzog has to do with this situation.
[/quote]
let's say, hypothetically speaking here, we go to war on 11/11/11 or whenever you guys decided your CB is valid enough you can get away with attacking someone allied to GOD, you're going to not use sanctions in this hypothetical intermaroon war? are you willing to sign a treaty declaring this? I never stated you'd just sanction SF members before a war broke out, but once one does, controlling maroon senate would be useful for you specifically for the purposes of sanctions, since that's the main job of senators.