Recognition of Surrender

Pollard

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to agree with Random Interrupt and D34th here. I don't know what you guys are trying to accomplish with these antics.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317243079' post='2810406']
Is this a covert protectorate over Legion? Because what I'm reading here is that you will protect Legion from any attacks until they have 'recovered'. Since all they are recovering from is a severe case of incompetence, you could be stuck with this job for a very long time.
[/quote]
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317242180' post='2810392']
And here I'm agreeing with a TOP member.

The fact that you joined the "Let's make jokes about The Legion" bandwagon tell more about you than you think. Are Tetris really that desperate for attention and acceptation? :facepalm:
[/quote]
Yes, tetris is desperate.

[quote name='Pearl' timestamp='1317243448' post='2810414']
I'm going to have to agree with Random Interrupt and D34th here. I don't know what you guys are trying to accomplish with these antics.
[/quote]

This is such an odd feeling, agreeing with them. I don't know how to handle it.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1317243223' post='2810408']
EDIT: While I'm here, I should make a point. Isn't taking a play out of the pre-Karma era ODN (The Optional Defense Network days, thank goodness they're gone) exactly the kind of thing you [i]don't[/i] want to do?
[/quote]

That move was actually a brilliant political move as it got IRON to back off while they were trying to take advantage of a ridiculous situation and an alliance that just had been tonked by GOONS. All that without a single bullet being fired.

Edited by potato

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1317243223' post='2810408']
I don't even know what's going on anymore :blink:

EDIT: While I'm here, I should make a point. Isn't taking a play out of the pre-Karma era ODN (The Optional Defense Network days, thank goodness they're gone) exactly the kind of thing you [i]don't[/i] want to do?
[/quote]

It's a little odd to homogenize the entirety of our history 'pre-Karma' in this way. We had years of all kinds of fun before anyone thought to call us 'Optional.'

The pre-emptive surrender to IRON was quite a good move in that particular context. I don't believe this homage captures the essence of it, though, not least because the 'victor' is not supposed to announce what should be embarrassing to them if done right. Perhaps the days of subtle diplomacy on Bob are behind us.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317244119' post='2810425']
That move was actually a brilliant political move as it got IRON to back off while they were trying to take advantage of a ridiculous situation and an alliance that just had been tonked by GOONS.
[/quote]

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1317244136' post='2810426']
It's a little odd to homogenize the entirety of our history 'pre-Karma' in this way. We had years of all kinds of fun before anyone thought to call us 'Optional.'

The pre-emptive surrender to IRON was quite a good move in that particular context. I don't believe this homage captures the essence of it, though, not least because the 'victor' is not supposed to announce what should be embarrassing to them if done right. Perhaps the days of subtle diplomacy on Bob are behind us.
[/quote]

I'll admit that I wasn't active (nor maybe even around) during those days, so I can't say whether or not it was a good move. Still seems like a strange thing to attempt to replicate given how much has changed since then. Not many of the strategies used before Karma would be of any merit nowadays; it's a completely different world.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1317244095' post='2810424']
This is such an odd feeling, agreeing with them. I don't know how to handle it.
[/quote]

Honestly, it is blowing my mind that I am agreeing with Random here.

Anyone else wish Legion would just pony up and attack them? This has to be one of the most clear cut cases of aggression in a LONG time.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317242180' post='2810392']
And here I'm agreeing with a TOP member.

The fact that you joined the "Let's make jokes about The Legion" bandwagon tell more about you than you think. Are Tetris really that desperate for attention and acceptation? :facepalm:
[/quote]
Joined? Please, we were one of the founders. :smug:

[quote name='hobbies0310' timestamp='1317244078' post='2810423']
You already embarrassed your alliance once with spying, why do it again :/
[/quote]
Just because we posted the results, does not mean we did the spying. :ehm:

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1317244410' post='2810428']
Honestly, it is blowing my mind that I am agreeing with Random here.

Anyone else wish Legion would just pony up and attack them? This has to be one of the most clear cut cases of aggression in a LONG time.
[/quote]
Yes, please do. Maybe make people think they have a backbone..... or not.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1317244350' post='2810427']
I'll admit that I wasn't active (nor maybe even around) during those days, so I can't say whether or not it was a good move. Still seems like a strange thing to attempt to replicate given how much has changed since then. Not many of the strategies used before Karma would be of any merit nowadays; it's a completely different world.
[/quote]

That old strategy has its merits. And, in my opinion, could be re-used even nowadays. However, the context is different: ODN were incapable of fighting because they had just been rolled in GWIII. Legion are incapable of fighting because they are an incompetent blob of uselessness unwilling to stand up for themselves and become a respectable alliance.

[quote name='EaTeMuP' timestamp='1317244664' post='2810436']
You are right, it just means you condone and are encouraging it.
[/quote]

How dare you. It is evident that Legion sent us the screenshot to spare themselves the embarrassment of telling us they surrender. We are in fact doing them a service.

[quote name='hobbies0310' timestamp='1317244494' post='2810430']
Yes, please do. Maybe make people think they have a backbone..... or not.
[/quote]

Oh I know they won't, but wow. Accept the fact you might be rolled and stand up for yourself anyway. It's not like being rolled is that bad either way.

People won't stop treating Legion like a doormat until they stop acting like one. There is a point where enough is enough.

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1317244873' post='2810443']
Oh I know they won't, but wow. Accept the fact you might be rolled and stand up for yourself anyway. It's not like being rolled is that bad either way.

People won't stop treating Legion like a doormat until they stop acting like one. There is a point where enough is enough.
[/quote]
This, this and thrice this.

Legion, if you want the constant harassment to stop, it is time to man up and take that swing, sure, you might lose this one, but you'll regain some self respect, which is the first stepping stone towards improvement.

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1317242282' post='2810395']
Congrats to Tetris. Who shall be the new Legion Viceroy?
[/quote]

Uh, hello? Do I really have to make another poll? I am blessed by the people. It's only a matter of time before they themselves recognize my greatness and place me upon the amethyst throne.

As for Tetris, if they want to dance around like monkeys that's fine with me. It's pretty amusing. Since they obviously don't have the courage to attack, nor a valid reason, it shows that they have to resort to this sort of attention getting.

If you have a legitimate grievance, come to us.

But if you wish to continue to bait us, you might want to find something more useful to do with your time. You're a non issue as far as we are concerned.

Edited by Kzoppistan