The GM's Court

Centurius

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1343763331' post='3017328']
^ What I was looking for. Thank you.

I object to the following post: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112507&view=findpost&p=3017327

There are three reasons for this:
1. SS is still technically around, since it has not been 26 days since he last posted. Thus, while his capital and such are occupied, he still can RP if he comes back.
2. Given that SS still exists as a player, a preplanning session would be required.
3. It was Zoot who gave the go for the London occupation, and thus his actions are basically a conflict of interests.

I have to say what happened is something which is very unbecoming of a GM.
[/quote]

I gave PD an auto advance, something Voodoo gave him a week prior, PD just didnt see it, so I was repeating a ruling.
I did not sanction an occupation of London.
I am also allowing SS to RP back, which is why my post is so vague because Im trying to RP a resistance to my moves.

If Curristan and Lynneth think I have overstepped the boundry in the RP, then I will put the post in a state of escrow until SS is officially inactive. As a GM I do not think I, prior to that post had a conflict of interest. NOW though, AFTER the post, I am unable to make any rulings in regards to the situation.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd call BS on mid-air refueling your combat aircraft just like that, considering not only that there's ~6,800 km between Britain and SAmerica at [b]minimum[/b], but that with maneuvers and all that, your planes are gonna use a whole damn lot more fuel. Even so, it would basically be a one-way trip for 90% of the non-carrier based planes. And even if you merely ferried the planes to Athens or Greenland and then based them from there, they might not have the fuel for proper air-combat other than 'Go there, fire missiles, go back'.
I've not -so- much against the amphibiou invasion, even though it's basically a bigger D-day without a direct supply-base nearby. We've had worse than that in the past, unfortunately.
I'm thinking you might be moving a bit fast, but Shidner's not exactly been very active in the last what, 20, 22 days? Just keep in mind that PD, if he decides to challenge you, has a far better base of operations. And maybe try to talk reasonably about things with him, maybe he gets Wales and the Southeast of England, you the rest and Scotland, [i]something[/i] like that. I wouldn't like to see another reroll or whining by one of the involved parties.

On that note.
Wtf is Umbrella doing in Britain, anyways.

Edit: Also, if anyone needs something from me while I'm in IRC, just query me. I generally am available due to windowed mode.

Edited by Lynneth

Me and PD have already sorted it out.

Lyn, Im not juse using a few mid air refullers, I am using every single one of them in my vast empire. Im moving EVERYTHING in on fell swoop. The very idea of it, is its a do or die mission, either airfields in britain are taken and they can refuel, or they are not, and they crash.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1343613798' post='3016851']
Request two spy rolls to slip two teams of operatives into British territory by motor boat. Screen shot with odds below.

[IMG]http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r619/Warlord_kevz/spyrolls.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
1-50: Fail
51-100: Success

[b]12[/b]
Failure.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343776346' post='3017362']
Me and PD have already sorted it out.

Lyn, Im not juse using a few mid air refullers, I am using every single one of them in my vast empire. Im moving EVERYTHING in on fell swoop. The very idea of it, is its a do or die mission, either airfields in britain are taken and they can refuel, or they are not, and they crash.
[/quote]
Righto then.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' timestamp='1343781788' post='3017390']
Lynneth there is two teams so need two different rolls, one has failed so could you post the roll for the other one please?
[/quote]
Whoops, sorry. My bad.

[b]79[/b]
Hence a win. Don't forget to make one team fail, though.

[quote name='Lynneth' timestamp='1343782891' post='3017396']
Whoops, sorry. My bad.

[b]79[/b]
Hence a win. Don't forget to make one team fail, though.
[/quote]

Don't worry I won't would you say having the boat capsize due to bad weather with all team member s lost is acceptable as it would be unlikely to be engaged or found by any military forces.

[quote name='Sgt Shidner' timestamp='1343797998' post='3017443']
i'm backing out. I'm letting AdolfKral assume control of my nation
[/quote]
Just to be clear: AdolfKral can feel free to RP a new Reichtenburg or whatever other nation in the UK, but it will count as you leaving and him claiming the land, giving it a disputable timeframe of 2 weeks, methinks. Someone correct me, should I be wrong. Otherwise, it'd be OOC gifting. Anyway, I'll be looking forward how this pans out.

*sips tea and readies the biscuits*

I'd say, get on IRC, #cnrp and plan it out.

Mostly, contesting your claim means, you're not in complete control of the citizens (but neither is anyone else) and that you people will have to work somethin out some way, so that the dispute is settled, somehow. For this duration, Just assume to not be the whole of the UK, but mostly just a group seeking independence. Additionally, try to get a bit of awareness of how things are done, so you can adequately respond to them.

So what you are telling us Zoot is that your forces are going over what 7,000 KM (from Georgetown to Sennen) to invade another nation and because of this you claim all of Britain as part of the Umbrella Commonwealth because you are attacking a government that is non existent anymore? Even if you successfully got TO the British Isles you still cant claim the entire area as lolmine just because you have boots on the ground. I would say you have control of certain areas and his government maintains the areas he claims. But you shouldnt claim the entire island because you are halfway invading it. Even if you would like another orange blob on the map.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='Adolf Kral' timestamp='1343813277' post='3017495']
I am not sure what I am supposed to do. Can someone tell me how I am supposed to do this? Does this mean I cannot say what is happening in Great Britain?
[/quote]

It means Adolf, that because the land is disputed, you can only control your military. The civilians remain undecided on ownership. Furthermore, as it is contested, and coming directly out of another war, I cannot accept that a quarter million people have military grade equipment, I cannot accept the usage of a full airforce, let alone 90% of the defences your deploying against me right after Ireland attacked them all.

I will not accept the casualties your posting for me, I decide how much I lose. In short, 90% of your anti air stuff will be ineffectve against most of my airforce, but I will play ball for obvious reasons and allow a few of them to be shot down. Same for your missiles against landing craft. I am hitting Britain everywhere at the same time. You dont have nearly a quarter of the missiles you would need to inflict 75% casualties on me, especially whilst under attack, with already reduced effectivness equipment due to Irelands previous attacks and my own opening air assaults

Here is a list of everything I am attacking you with, bearing in mind, I landed/am landing nearly all of them at the same time by landing craft and aircraft.

650,000 thousand men
[b] x6664 of each unit[/b]
M1A4 Abrams Main Battle Tank
Bradley Fighting Vehicle
-M3 Bradley
-IAV Stryker
M207 MLRS Rocket Artillery
AS90 Self Propelled Artillery
L118 Light Towed Artillery
S-500 Surface to Air Batteries
MIM-104 block II Patriot Vehicles
M167 Vulcan Air block II Defense System
Starstreak Vehicle Mounted Local Area Defence block II
Hector Rapid Deployment Vehicle block II
Scimitar II Rapid Deployment Armoured Recon Vehicle block II
Armoured Recon Jeep block II
Armoured Fast Attack Jeep block II
Saxon Mk2 Armoured Personel Carrier block II

F-22 block II x 160
F35C block II x 150
GB-2E - Dedicated EW platform block III x 100
GB-2K - Dedicated Ultra High Performance Air Superiority Fighter block III x 150
GB-2C - Carrier based Ultra High Performance Air Superiority Fighter block III x 150
GB-3C - Carrier based Ultra High Performance Multirole Aircraft block III x 150
GB-3S - Dedicated Ultra High Performance Strike Aircraft block III x 150
A-10 Thunderbolt II Ground Support Strike Aircraft block II x 100
B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber x 75
Tu-160r x 75

-6 Supercarriers
-9 Amphibious Assault Ships
-8 Battleships
-8 Cruisers
-35 Frigates
-35 Destroyers
-45 Corvettes
-25 Astute Class Attack Submarines
-10 Typhoon II SSBN Submarines

WMD's deployed in the field onboard my subs and some aircraft are nuclear weapons and chemical weapons. I have tactical nuclear artillery shells and missiles for usage by my ground forces.

If you give up on this war, I will make space in SA for you. but I will not stop until I have Britain, its part of a bigger RP i have been planning.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1343855887' post='3017604']
So what you are telling us Zoot is that your forces are going over what 7,000 KM (from Georgetown to Sennen) to invade another nation and because of this you claim all of Britain as part of the Umbrella Commonwealth because you are attacking a government that is non existent anymore? Even if you successfully got TO the British Isles you still cant claim the entire area as lolmine just because you have boots on the ground. I would say you have control of certain areas and his government maintains the areas he claims. But you shouldnt claim the entire island because you are halfway invading it. Even if you would like another orange blob on the map.
[/quote]

Actually yes, Ive done the RP, im using Portugal as a forward operating base, im not attacking an old government, im attacking Britain because im taking it for my own as it has great significance to later RP's of mine. I am not claiming the entire island, but the entire island is contested because of the scale of the invasion. So why dont you just sit down and wait and see what happens isaac? I have my reasons and they will become clear.

First of all I would like to point out if its possible to launch a successful offensive from Britain to South America (Falklands War) its possible to do the reverse. That said its equally undeniably true that upon Britain reaching the 26 day mark of inactivity regardless of any actions launched prior to that 26th day, everyone and their mom has 14 days to openly contest this be it through military intervention or through a DoE in the event of a new nation. I think that its improper to settle a discussion of the political consequence of Zoot's actions in the GM Court. I think that if Isaac and others find them objectionable the proper course of action should Zoot end up with both SA and Britain would be to organize military action against Zoot for over reach.

That said, its not unprecedented for one nation to completely transfer their entire territory including their leaders to a wholly unrelated part of the world. Lynneth's been the person who is most infamous for it with his current crop of leaders having ruled Southern Germany, then Sri Lanka, then Brazil, then Africa, and now solely the Moon and a few islands. I personally find it in poor taste stylistically to do it so easily, but its not without precedent.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' timestamp='1343856473' post='3017608']
Actually yes, Ive done the RP, im using Portugal as a forward operating base, im not attacking an old government, im attacking Britain because im taking it for my own as it has great significance to later RP's of mine. I am not claiming the entire island, but the entire island is contested because of the scale of the invasion. So why dont you just sit down and wait and see what happens isaac? I have my reasons and they will become clear.
[/quote]
Your reasons definitely dont have anything to do with the fact that you are a Brit and you are doing exactly what you were crying about that Germanic government RP was doing but worse because you aren't even European. But I am not here to discuss that, I am saying reguardless of the full scale invasion you still cant claim control over an entire people and island because you have boots on the ground when he does as well. Not to mention the fact that you are claiming he doesnt have much of a military because of PDs invasion. Tell me, how much did PD break before that guy surrendered, the answer is not anywhere near full force. Also I would say all of this stuff is possible if you include the possibility that he is enacting total war which if I was him I would. To the casualties, hes a new RPer give him a break, heck hes made 7 posts.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1343856742' post='3017611']
Your reasons definitely dont have anything to do with the fact that you are a Brit and you are doing exactly what you were crying about that Germanic government RP was doing but worse because you aren't even European. But I am not here to discuss that, I am saying reguardless of the full scale invasion you still cant claim control over an entire people and island because you have boots on the ground when he does as well. Not to mention the fact that you are claiming he doesnt have much of a military because of PDs invasion. Tell me, how much did PD break before that guy surrendered, the answer is not anywhere near full force. Also I would say all of this stuff is possible if you include the possibility that he is enacting total war which if I was him I would. To the casualties, hes a new RPer give him a break, heck hes made 7 posts.
[/quote]

Im not going to give him a break, I was never given a break. Im saying it how it is. I have NEVER claimed to control the islands or its people so pipe down, they are contested, NOBODY can claim them until the war is over. His stuff would be possible if PD had not bombed the $%&@ out of him beforehand. Nut up or shut up, if you want to fight for him, then fight for him ICly. Until then, I am asking you, just shut up, and see how this rolls out. I have clear goals and reasons and I am not going to share them with anyone until its done for fear of hubris.