Dispatch to Britain

Michael McBride

[quote]From: Adm. Patrick McCovey
To: Cromwell
RE: The Future of IMB: Ireland and Imperial assets in Scotland

Sir,

In light of comments made by your government when you came to power, and recent developments with the Kingdom of Cochin, I have been granted the authority by the Emperor himself to speak with you concerning the future of IMB: Ireland in Argyle and Burke, Scotland. Please respond at your earliest convenience so we can avoid any potentially sticky political situations.

Signed,
Patrick McCovey
Admiral, Commander of the 3rd Fleet
Commander of Imperial Military Base: Ireland[/quote]

To: Patrick McCovey
Admiral, Commander of the 3rd Fleet

Private-

The Empire doesn't have a history of making threatening statements to the people of Great Britain. We will have to request you make a small name change to your bases given their location to avoid another massive fit of confusion with the Royal College of Cartographers.

Please extend the best of regards to the Emperor and wish him good health from all of Great Britain. Given the local state of affairs of late we believe the situation has died down enough locally that we can permit local leaves by your forces. We'll set up exchange stations near your bases to exchange monies at market value with no mark up.

You've been good neighbors, the government of Great Britain is not interested in making a pound or two off of your men in uniform. I'm not sure I can say the same about the pub owners, but they are a species all of their own.

-Cromwell

OOC: I'm a bit confused.. why are you asking me about your Irish base? Is there something I should know here? DO I own like half of Ireland or something without even knowing it? That'd be a weird one. Can you give me a bit of background on the situation? Between Zoot and Timmy, bless their silly hearts, I have more bases and whatnot than my dog has fleas.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1316887025' post='2807469']
OOC: I'm a bit confused.. why are you asking me about your Irish base? Is there something I should know here? DO I own like half of Ireland or something without even knowing it? That'd be a weird one. Can you give me a bit of background on the situation? Between Zoot and Timmy, bless their silly hearts, I have more bases and whatnot than my dog has fleas.
[/quote]

OOC: No worries, the name "IMB: Ireland" has confused many for some time. When I first got the base, all of the British Isles were owned by Yawoo, who at the time was Ireland. Therefore, the base was called IMB: Ireland even though it was located in Argyle and Burke, Scotland. So the base is in Scotland, which is your territory, which is why I'm asking you about it. It's the same thing we talked about yesterday on IRC.