An Announcement from Deinos

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1316826297' post='2807029']
I believe he is referencing your membership of XX! That could just be me though? The whole MADP [b]and[/b] MDoAP bloc thing is a terrible idea!
[/quote]

Erm... I got that, thanks nevertheless xD (Sarcasm, sarcasm by God!).

All opinions must be respected, of course, but be careful how you express them. Insulting other alliances in a friendly thread like this is not the better way to foster relations, I'd guess. In any case, good luck with your endeavours.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316842366' post='2807219']
*Edit: And, actually, what IS the relationship between NSO and Deinos, considering Cheyenne's history there?
[/quote]

We don't have one. Nor do we hold embassy with them at our or their forums.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316842366' post='2807219']Do you currently have a program to splice T-Rex DNA with Magister Agricolarum's to make the ultimate themed island resort and/or clone army to take over the world? [/quote]

No, but it is under development! Soon... so very soon... :ph34r:

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1316855430' post='2807293']All opinions must be respected, of course, but be careful how you express them. Insulting other alliances in a friendly thread like this is not the better way to foster relations, I'd guess.[/quote]

I have a sneaking suspicion that all of the above were given due consideration by Cheyenne before he posted what he posted.

[quote name='Ventus' timestamp='1316838856' post='2807173']
What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?
[/quote]

Yeah probably! Although we don't have the right accents for it.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316842366' post='2807219']
*Edit: And, actually, what IS the relationship between NSO and Deinos, considering Cheyenne's history there?
[/quote]

It's a work in progress!

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1316855430' post='2807293']
Erm... I got that, thanks nevertheless xD (Sarcasm, sarcasm by God!).

All opinions must be respected, of course, but be careful how you express them. Insulting other alliances in a friendly thread like this is not the better way to foster relations, I'd guess. In any case, good luck with your endeavours.
[/quote]

Someone asked our opinion of RnR and we answered truthfully. It wouldn't be much of a QnA if we sugar-coated our answers about non-allies who we don't necessarily care for all that much!

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1316856327' post='2807299']
Which RIA flag is your favorite?
Waffles or pancakes?
[/quote]

The one without the cactuar.
Chicken and Waffles.

Have you had the (poor) fortune of meeting kata? I think she'd love you guys...

You seem perfectly content with, and close to, the relatively few allies you have which is a good thing; if you had hoped to get closer to one alliance in particular through this Q&A, who would it be?

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1316807257' post='2806828']
RnR seem like rubes to be completely honest. Not overly intelligent and not overly interesting.
[/quote]

True story, really. People either find it endearing or infuriating... would you like some moonshine? :v:

Silver Empress had the answer I was expecting, though.

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1316872045' post='2807353']
You seem perfectly content with, and close to, the relatively few allies you have which is a good thing; if you had hoped to get closer to one alliance in particular through this Q&A, who would it be?

True story, really. People either find it endearing or infuriating... would you like some moonshine? :v:

Silver Empress had the answer I was expecting, though.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say we're necessarily trying to get close to any alliance through this OWF QnA. As an alliance, Deinos does not think highly of a great majority of alliances on Planet Bob and so we're using this as a means to talk to alliances that we would normally not talk to. If this ends up with one thing leading to another, so be it! Also, obviously, we want to give those who don't know us a chance to get to know us!

I personally don't think RnR is that bad (see my first comment about RnR!). Aside from the UINE thing you guys don't do give off the vibe of doing all that much. Fortunately, that makes you better than more than a few!

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

Some FA based questions:

Why do you have the treaties you have?
If you could sign a treaty with an alliance who would it be? and why?
Any thoughts on the NPO-TLR treaty?(i hate you Mandellav, i posted and THEN read through this thread)

Do you have any sheep for Pansy?

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1316890175' post='2807511']
How does deinos feel about the CCC? Do you have any goals for growth set?
[/quote]

Honestly, we have had no interaction with you guys that I am aware of, so I believe we are more neutral to you. We have actually aquired an amazing recruitment team so we have had lots of new members recently!

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1316891087' post='2807524']
Some FA based questions:

Why do you have the treaties you have?
If you could sign a treaty with an alliance who would it be? and why?
Any thoughts on the NPO-TLR treaty?(i hate you Mandellav, i posted and THEN read through this thread)

Do you have any sheep for Pansy?
[/quote]
Ronin and TLR were both long-time allies of Gondor (TLR in the form of =LOST=, obviously) that had built relationships with tLW as well before we merged, and they were easy to carry over. FAR was a long-time ally of tLW that also had a great deal of shared history with Gondor.

I feel like this question has been answered already, so I'm going to say ourselves because everyone else is awful.

TLR is obviously capable of maintaining their own foreign policy without our guidance, and we have no doubt they'll continue to acquit themselves well.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1316894246' post='2807570']
Ronin and TLR were both long-time allies of Gondor (TLR in the form of =LOST=, obviously) that had built relationships with tLW as well before we merged, and they were easy to carry over. FAR was a long-time ally of tLW that also had a great deal of shared history with Gondor.

I feel like this question has been answered already, so I'm going to say ourselves because everyone else is awful.

TLR is obviously capable of maintaining their own foreign policy without our guidance, and we have no doubt they'll continue to acquit themselves well.
[/quote]
You didnt answer anything.

why did you carry over those treaties? similar FA paths? Great military alliances?

Why is everyone else awful, and you cant sign with yourselves...

while TLR is capable of running their own FA policy you would have to be Invicta or Legion to not have atleast had some discussion with them on the subject. We all know how bad you blindly hate NPO

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1316894591' post='2807576']
You didnt answer anything.

why did you carry over those treaties? similar FA paths? Great military alliances?

Why is everyone else awful, and you cant sign with yourselves...

while TLR is capable of running their own FA policy you would have to be Invicta or Legion to not have atleast had some discussion with them on the subject. We all know how bad you blindly hate NPO
[/quote]
Ronin and FAR are both fairly quiet and laid-back communities filled with people we consider to be friends. They're easy-keepers, loyal to a fault and people that fit easily into our broader FA path. TLR is a large alliance that, despite some differences, are good friends and are generally in line with our more broad foreign policy. They are also people that we genuinely like, which is rare in a game like CN that is so filled with bozos.

I have no idea why everyone is awful, something in the water? And I know we can't sign with ourselves, but you asked who we would sign with [b]if we could sign with anyone[/b]. In your hypothetical world of unicorns and fairies I assumed we would be free to bend the laws of CN politics. If that wasn't your implication you should have been more specific.

If everybody knows about my blind and irrational hatred for Pacifica, I am having a hard time seeing why it's something that needs to be discussed.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1316807257' post='2806828']
We love Umbrella and have a great communication with them, easily my favourite non-allied alliance.
[/quote]

:( I had hoped we held that place in your heart, but then Umbrella are awesome, so.....

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1316894591' post='2807576']
[/quote]

You are an idiot. Not everyone who continues to have reservations about NPO is a blind hater, although seeing the way the wind as blowing I'm sure that is an accusation that will become more common. Some of us actually have very good reasons for maintaining hesitations about NPO, and recognise that the only reason that they are behaving any differently to pre-Karma is that they are not in a position to behave as they once did (which answers, of course, that oft-repeated maxim that NPO hasn't done anything for the past few years.)

But I'm sure there will be NPO members in here presently making inane comments about how every thread becomes a thread about NPO, so I won't enter into dialogue with you further on this subject. Not here, anyway.

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1316890175' post='2807511']How does deinos feel about the CCC?[/quote]

As an alliance, we're pretty neutral. For myself, I'll repeat what I posted in our embassy on your boards, because my sentiments haven't changed: "I'm glad I did [stop by CCC forums], because from the (admittedly short) period of time I've spent here and on #cn-ccc, it looks like you have a very welcoming and awesomely strong community here."

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1316890175' post='2807511']Do you have any goals for growth set?[/quote]

As Gloin said, we've recently had in influx of new, active members (about 20 full members and Academy students in the past 20 days). So, it's just a matter of pumping tech into those nations that are a little tech-light, and helping our new members get onto their feet through quick trade circles (thank you, Admin; I think half of them initially had furs and/or lead), internal tech selling, and solid advice. :)

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1316876062' post='2807380']
What are your thoughts on pre-emptive wars?

What are your thoughts on alliance disbandment, PZI/EZI, and reparations?
[/quote]

Having been on both sides of a pre-empt, all I can say is, [url="http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad267/jmj542/1232229457509hf2.jpg"]feels good man.[/url]

Dumb, dumber, Necessary when justified.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1316911679' post='2807807']
Virtue ethics or utilitarianism?
[/quote]

Virtue ethics.

[quote name='Ventus' timestamp='1316911603' post='2807805']
If given the chance to roll Rush how would you choose to roll him?
[/quote]

On a roll!

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1316876062' post='2807380']
What are your thoughts on alliance disbandment, PZI/EZI, and reparations?
[/quote]

Personally I don't think anyone has the right to dictate whether someone is allowed to play CN or not. Reparations on the other hand can be justified.