An Announcement from Deinos

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1316808100' post='2806844']
Thoughts on mjolnir and this last DT-FOK thing?

Also What gov spot can i have if i join Deinos?
[/quote]

I don't have all the information from the situation, but from what I did see it appeared to me that FOK was justified in their actions/choices.

You can be the new Gloin.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1316807991' post='2806843']
Thoughts on PF?
[/quote]

You guys are one of the scarier/better quality blocs out there. I have liked Argent and TOP for a while now. I haven't had much interactions with OMFG, BN and Gremlins though.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1316808100' post='2806844']
Thoughts on mjolnir and this last DT-FOK thing?

Also What gov spot can i have if i join Deinos?
[/quote]

I'm going to agree with Jaym. It was a stupid situation.

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs :ph34r:

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1316808532' post='2806850']
I remember your team from the Cherry Blossom Invitational. Continue making dinosaur comics and such.

Pretend those were questions.
[/quote]

Yes and thank you!

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1316808987' post='2806857']
Bachelor #2: would it be wise for an obstinate, irreverent ruler like myself to consider joining Deinos? Do you have any ODPs with NPO, Valhalla or TPF coming down the line?
[/quote]

Very, very wise. No, no, hellllll no.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1316807991' post='2806843']
Thoughts on PF?
[/quote]
I personally like PF quite a bit, the only negative aspects are Bob Janova and Ejayrazz, both of whom are annoying beyond all hell.

And like I said in my response to Potato, while I personally have nothing against TOP I know that some constituencies of Deinos feel differently.

OMFG are probably in the top five coolest cats Deinos isn't treatied to.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316806056' post='2806806']
- Why should I ask you questions?
- What shouldn't I ask?
- What do you think of me? MK? TOP? NPO? Invicta? GOD? VE? Umbrella? RnR? NSO? STA? NpO?
- Who are your closest allies?
- Is there anything you've done you regret?
- If you could roll anyone without any repercussions (just plain ol' tonking), who would it be? Why?
[/quote]

1) Because umm... ummmm... Well I guess you don't really have to, but it would be pretty cool if you did!
2) Where Waldo is.
3) -You? Don't really know you, but I've seen you on irc a bit and here on the OWF. I don't have a negative opinion of you.
-MK? They're okay. They have their good and bad moments, like most everyone.
-TOP? I'm rather neutral on TOP.
-NPO? I have a few friends in NPO. I actually joined CN after Karma so I never experienced the reign of terror, but I've heard all the horror stories. I think NPO is trying to move beyond their past and play the game in a different way now, so good for them I say. I mean.. They don't particularly have much choic I'd say. If they tried the old crap again, they'd probably get rolled in an instant.
-Invicta? Lololololol. Terrible.
-GOD? I actually don't hate them! (unlike most everyone in CN today..) Yeah, Xiph can rub people the wrong way, but they have a great memberbase I think.
-VE? Not a fan, personally. Never really seen them do much of anything I liked.
-Umb? Love them. Seriously. Like, absolute favorite non-ally, hands down.
-RnR? Eh... I'm rather neutral on RnR. Though I wasn't a huge fan of how they handled that whole UINE situation a while back.
-NSO? Also not a fan. :S
-STA? Neutral.
-NpO? Oh god ummm... I'm so divided on NpO lol. I have several friends in the Ministab group over there who I'm close with (Lord Bob <3), but NpO as a whole I don't much care for...

4) We're really close with all of our allies. As said before, we only have 3. :P
5) Hmm... A few, yes, but all before Deinos. So far no regrets in Deinos.
6) UE (why did we have to bring MLP to CN? WHY). Normally I would say UPN, also, because they're pretty terrible and I have old grievances with them, but.. I'm kinda moving past that. I think they're trying to become less sucky and I'm all for moving past stuff that happened years ago.

Say there's a war and your (admittedly limited number of) allies end up on different sides. They all end up getting countered/attacked. The CB isn't great but it's not bad, given Bob's standards (probably something about spying and accepting screens, it's always that). Two of your allies end up on one side while your third partner ends up on the other side (I think you got three treaty partners, right?).

Would you pick a side and stick with it, stay neutral while citing conflicting treaty obligations or pull a RIA/FOK and enter on both sides?

As a sidenote, I very much enjoy your announcements due to the Dino comics.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1316814439' post='2806903']
In what sense do you feel you couldn't trust NSO?

Also you will see the light one day Silver :>
[/quote]
Having served as a Sith Lord, I understand that NSO seeks the benefit of NSO.

[quote]
Say there's a war and your (admittedly limited number of) allies end up on different sides. They all end up getting countered/attacked. The CB isn't great but it's not bad, given Bob's standards (probably something about spying and accepting screens, it's always that). Two of your allies end up on one side while your third partner ends up on the other side (I think you got three treaty partners, right?).

Would you pick a side and stick with it, stay neutral while citing conflicting treaty obligations or pull a RIA/FOK and enter on both sides?[/quote]
It would really have to depend on the situation, primarily upon which two alliances were on one side, although I assume you're really asking in a more abstract sense, regarding our policies.

Deinos understands the concept of coalition war, and would never play both sides if we could help it. We would probably discuss the situation with all three of our allies, determine the various degrees of need, and then join the fray in defence of our allies if possible. At the same time, we would work towards a positive end of the war for our allies on the other side.

Of course, all of this is dependent on the situation.

Edited by New Frontier

[quote name='EnzoCosta' timestamp='1316814704' post='2806907']Thoughts on Duckroll?[/quote]

It's a novel concept that I don't think still has been replicated on Bob... a bloc that facilitates military coordination without necessitating defense. Of course, I don't recall it ever having been activated as Duckroll (but I could very easily be wrong on that count :P).

[quote name='EnzoCosta' timestamp='1316814704' post='2806907']To echo an above question that wasn't really answered, thoughts on Mjolnir?[/quote]

I know other Deinosians have wildly differing opinions, but personally, I have no opinion on Asgaard or DT (I've never interacted with them or really seen much of anything of either other than the widely-publicized CSN-DT debacle). My perception of NoR is pretty much solely based on kingzog's posts, which reflects well on NoR. Rok gets major props from me for honoring their MDoAP with Polaris in the PB-NpO War despite the unpopularity of that decision. As for Valhalla, well, my initial prolonged contact with them was back in the noWedge days, and I don't think I've ever quite recovered. :P

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1316815032' post='2806909']Do you have a Dino petting zoo? :wub:[/quote]

Where do you think we keep Gloin? :P

Edit:

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1316815251' post='2806912']Opinion on Æsir?[/quote]

That "Æ" character is pretty cool.

Edited by Magister Agricolarum

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1316814439' post='2806903']
In what sense do you feel you couldn't trust NSO?

Also you will see the light one day Silver :>
[/quote]
World Conqueror :wub:

[quote name='EnzoCosta' timestamp='1316814704' post='2806907']
Thoughts on Duckroll?

To echo an above question that wasn't really answered, thoughts on Mjolnir?

Of any alliance on Bob, which would be your first choice to treaty?
[/quote]
Not a fan of Duckroll.
I like a couple of the alliances in Mj. Kinda neutral on them overall. They have decent stats for a bloc, though.
Umbrella, definitely.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1316815032' post='2806909']
Do you have a Dino petting zoo? :wub:
[/quote]
Yes. ..but probably not the type of petting zoo you're thinking of. ..Or is it? :v:

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1316815057' post='2806910']

Would you pick a side and stick with it, stay neutral while citing conflicting treaty obligations or pull a RIA/FOK and enter on both sides?

As a sidenote, I very much enjoy your announcements due to the Dino comics.
[/quote]
Umm... It would really, really depend on the war and what was going on (though I really don't ever see this happening. Our allies are all pretty much on the same side, to an extent). But I definitely don't see Deinos being neutral. We would probably have to discuss it with our allies and pick a side or go on both sides.
Also, thanks. We enjoy our dino comics, too.

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1316815251' post='2806912']
Opinion on Æsir?
[/quote]
..who? :(

[quote name='Silver Empress' timestamp='1316816460' post='2806921']
..who? :(
[/quote]
We're a smaller multi-colored Norse themed alliance protected by OMFG. If you'd like to know more our forums are located [url="http://www.cn-aesir.com/"]here[/url]. We also recently posted a thread with a good amount of information about what we are and what we stand for [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105147"]here[/url].

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1316814666' post='2806906']Is MHA considered ex-hegemony?[/quote]

By whom? Some people would say "yes," while other people would say "no."

It all depends, I think, on whether or not one considers Q to be the primary and dominant hegemonic bloc, pre-Karma.