An Announcement from Deinos

[center][img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9197543/thelostgondor.png[/img]

We over at Deinos realize that we may not necessarily be the most well known alliance out there. After deciding not to beg random alliances for ODPs and not to whore Gloin out for land, we thought It would be a good idea to come here and have a QnA! I hope that in this thread we can get to know each other better and maybe even make some new friends! Feel free to ask anything that you feel is worth asking (even "what do you think of my alliance?"). Just don't get mad if you don't like the answer!

Spread the word, even if you hear about this Maximum-Possible Hand.
[spoiler]
[img]http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-2051.png[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]
-Walt Thizzney, MoFA of Deinos

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1316805248' post='2806796']
Do you like me?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[/quote]
I don't really know you! I basically identify you with Europe and vice versa since you're the poster from there that I notice most often, and my opinion of Europa is probably about a 4/10.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316805101' post='2806793']Also, hi, and I was wondering *__insert_question_here__*[/quote]

Well now, that's a [i]very[/i] interesting question. Usually, when considering a question such as yours, we must take both sides of the question into account, so as to avoid giving an incomplete answer. But in regards to your specific question, no, I don't believe that to be the case, due, of course, to the lack of evidence to the contrary. Yes, admittedly, there was that one thing that we all knew about weeks ago, but I don't consider it to be conclusive.

Anyway, I hope I was able to clear that up for you!

[spoiler]:P[/spoiler]

- Why should I ask you questions?
- What shouldn't I ask?
- What do you think of me? MK? TOP? NPO? Invicta? GOD? VE? Umbrella? RnR? NSO? STA? NpO?
- Who are your closest allies?
- Is there anything you've done you regret?
- If you could roll anyone without any repercussions (just plain ol' tonking), who would it be? Why?

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1316805601' post='2806803']
Feelings on The International?

Feelings on CnG?
[/quote]

Our embassy on the Int forums has been one of my favorites, and I have a great deal of respect for a lot of its members. Definitely a good bunch.

As for CnG, it's made up of 3 great quality alliances, TLR who are our allies, ODN who I've been a fan of for a long while now, and Int who I covered above. Overall positive, for sure.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1316805248' post='2806796']
Do you like me?
[/quote]

Admittedly I don't know all that much about you except that you didn't like that one government announcement I made a few months ago. That wasn't very nice :(

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1316805554' post='2806802']
What are the finer points of the Deinos experience?
[/quote]

[spoiler]GET ME OUT OF HERE, CHEYENNE KEEPS ME LOCKED UP IN HIS BASEMENT I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT. OH GOD HE'S COMING, OH GOD.[/spoiler]

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1316805601' post='2806803']
Feelings on The International?

Feelings on CnG?
[/quote]

This should actually answer both of your questions. I was in Athens from its founding until a little before the end of the last war and the hardest thing I've done while on Planet Bob was to leave a CnG alliance. Admittedly, Deinos isn't very far removed from the sphere but that just attests to how great CnG is. CnG's current line up of INT, TLR and ODN is very solid.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316806056' post='2806806']
- What shouldn't I ask?
- What do you think of me? MK? TOP? NPO? Invicta? GOD? VE? Umbrella? RnR? NSO? STA? NpO?
- If you could roll anyone without any repercussions (just plain ol' tonking), who would it be? Why?
[/quote]

You have a driving curiosity that you can't place to get to know Deinos better.

Bacon, Beer, Boobs or Awesome Caek? :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

You: Pretty cool.
MK: Pretty cool (Avidesoo :3).
TOP: Pretty cool.
NPO: I'm not the biggest fan of their allies (barring TLR of course) but I am very interested to see what they do in the coming months.
Invicta: Oh, well, you know, terrible.
GOD: In the top 50% of SF alliances.
VE: I don't actually know how I feel about them.
Umbrella: I'd say my favorite non-ally alliance.
RnR: In the top 50% of SF alliances.
NSO: Hilarious and !@#$-stirring but I wouldn't trust them.
STA: They've seen better days.
NpO: D34th.

We only have 3 treaty partners, so I'd have to say all of them!

Nope!

There is an entire coalition of alliances that I could list off.

Edited by Melancholy Culkin

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316806604' post='2806817']
What are your plans for preventing your impending extinction? Are you aware that forces of nature will solely be responsible for your demise?
[/quote]

Not if we get to it first.

[spoiler][img]http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-1546.png[/img][/spoiler]

Edited by Kim Jaym Il

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1316806056' post='2806806']
- What shouldn't I ask?
[/quote]
1. B-Because we're great??

2. "~pie or caek~" because that would make you a Grade A fool.

3. I don't really know you beyond your OWF/MK forum posting and maybe a couple of conversations, but I've always thought you were a cool cat.

I like MK alright, but forget my password to your forums.

I actually don't mind TOP anymore but I know a lot of folks in Deinos feel differently!

I will always have a hard time getting past what NPO did to this community and to myself and to my comrades, but I know TLR will be able to handle whatever relationships they get into and we're behind them all the way.

Hahahahaha Invicta.

I actually like GOD and have been friends with Xiph for quite some time, although we are obviously situated on opposite sides of the treaty web as it stands.

I don't really like VE and think that opinion is fairly universal within Deinos.

We love Umbrella and have a great communication with them, easily my favourite non-allied alliance.

RnR seem like rubes to be completely honest. Not overly intelligent and not overly interesting.

I obviously have a personal history with NSO so my answer probably won't reflect the overall opinion of Deinos, but I kind of like them? I don't trust them or their decision making ability overly much, but Doppelganger is probably one of the most funny guys in the world today.

I have no particular love for STA, and being NSO gov while in a bloc with them was as frustrating an experience as I've ever been in.

As for Polar, a lot of Deinosians have been in Polar at one point or another and they even protected the Lost World, one of our tributary alliances, when they were founded. That being said, the Polar treaty was not carried over to Deinos and that was no accident.

4. I would honestly have to say Ronin are my personal closest allies. I've been treatied to them for over a year now, and they're someone we can absolutely count on in every situation. It's worth noting, though, that we only have three treaties and only two are MDoAP, so all of our allies enjoy excellent communication with us.

5. I personally have done a good deal that I regret. As far as Deinos is concerned, however, nothing comes to mind immediately.

6. Oh wow good question. We're a fairly judgmental alliance and we hate a lot of people, so I can only speak for me and say that I would absolutely love to just !@#$kick IAA. Hopefully I'll get a chance before they get taken off of life support.

Edited by New Frontier

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1316807361' post='2806830']
What are your thoughts and PB and more specifically FOK?
[/quote]
Pandora's Box is probably my favourite bloc after CnG, and I like FOK. I don't know you well, but everyone I speak to speaks very highly of you. We should talk more maybe??

[quote name='CheeKy' timestamp='1316807361' post='2806830']
What are your thoughts and PB and more specifically FOK?
[/quote]

PB is one of the best blocs there is in terms of overall quality of its member alliances. I like Umbrella GOONS and Non Grata a lot. I haven't interacted much with FOK but from what I've seen, my thoughts are positive!

Edited by Melancholy Culkin