Alliance A vs. Alliance B

thedon125

Do you want this?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1316719321' post='2806090']
I love the idea, if any outside alliances attacked either that would be really lame. I don't know if I'd participate but I fully support it.
[/quote]
Well, if it does take off, you could of course support the idea by suggesting MK (and perhaps MK's allies) offer their protection, and of course spreading the word to MK's memberbase.
(The above statement goes for anyone reading this thread, just replace "MK" with your own alliance's acronym/name.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316715038' post='2806054']
This game isn't a war simulator but a political simulator and war is just one of the tools to be used. Declare war just for fun isn't really funny, since the war system is pretty boring, so no offense but the idea is stupid.
[/quote]

There are plenty of people who go around claiming that all the politics are "boring" and that they want war for the sake of war. I happen to agree with you more than them, but if that's really true for them, who cares if they go beat on each other?

Happy hunting people.

Edited by White Chocolate

This is pretty sweet. You could have daily or weekly standings posted. And place bets. This would also be a good way to train your nations in coordination. I like this a lot.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1316714719' post='2806052']
So people really like the actual fighting? I always thought it was the winning part. You should just take turns forcing each other to write haikus and beer reviews. :awesome:
[/quote]

lol

This game isn't a war simulator but a political simulator and war is just one of the tools to be used. Declare war just for fun isn't really funny, since the war system is pretty boring, so no offense but the idea is stupid.
[/quote]

Luckily A) you're not being forced to do it, and B) not everyone has the same opinions as you.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316742950' post='2806400']
Well, since the sign-up thread has no replies until now, [b]almost[/b] everyone seems to have the same opinion.
[/quote]

And if [b]almost[/b] everyone shares the same opinion in a game of 16,000+ people, there are probably still going to be enough people who don't to make it viable.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1316744730' post='2806426']
And if [b]almost[/b] everyone shares the same opinion in a game of 16,000+ people, there are probably still going to be enough people who don't to make it viable.
[/quote]

Sorry to inform you, but, being optimistic, only 10% regularly visit these boards.

[/quote]

While I agree with you, we see people every day in large numbers claiming otherwise.

And this is far from the stupidest idea I have seen posted. Let the raiders and the warmongerers play with themselves and leave the rest of the world in peace.

Some practical problems have already been raised, of course. But those may be solvable.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316745930' post='2806448']
Sorry to inform you, but, being optimistic, only 10% regularly visit these boards.
[/quote]

Indeed. However, it's not unheard of for people who read these boards to occasionally be in communication with many who don't.

Still don't quite understand your objection, either...not something I'd likely do, but I don't really see any harm in it.

[quote name='Schad' timestamp='1316747061' post='2806463']
Indeed. However, it's not unheard of for people who read these boards to occasionally be in communication with many who don't.

Still don't quite understand your objection, either...not something I'd likely do, but I don't really see any harm in it.
[/quote]

I just expressed my opinion about it, I'm not saying that this shouldn't happen, just that in my opinion this is a waste of time. Those who frequent this boards have serious problems in accepting critics...

I will wait for the proxy wars to start. A few guys have words here on the OWF. they go to the respective combat alliances to settle it. their pals join in and they bring two friends and they bring two friends and they bring two friends and they bring two friends and they bring two friends until there is a GW being fought on these two AAs. Then I'm in.

It is pointless, there's needs to be a point.

I say build up the two alliances until you get about 200 members and then go rogue on some alliances.

Here's some steps

1. Get 200 members
2. Attack small alliances until there is no more of them and then attack medium sized alliances and people with no alliance and force them to join you.
3. Build a sizable force.
4. Attack random alliances
5. ??????????
6. Profit

Edited by The Normandy

I definitely cannot see large alliances placing half of their members on alliance A and the other half on alliance B to declare non-nuclear war on each other and fill up their war slots while still being able to send out aid during an actual alliance conflict. Such shenanigans would never occur amongst the honorable alliances of this world. Furthermore, since it has a totally legitimate thread explaining, and predating, the conduct, it would certainly not violate Admin's First Commandment: "Thou shalt not slot-fill".

Isn't this what TE is for?

If TE didn't exist.. this might be a fun alternative, but most alliances aren't going to be happy about anyone just leaving abruptly to go fight a (some would say pointless) questionable war. If you really want to fight in SE..

A. start something

B. Find someone to do wargames with. It isn't as common these days, but there are people who will entertain your need to lose infra.

How about teams submitted from AA's like 3v3 or 6v6 war games, that last for EXACTLY and only one week, with combatants or spectators putting up money/tech for the team that causes the most damage in set time. Could even have a tournament/knockout structure ie a World Cup of War Games. Spectators could also bet on outcomes. Teams need not necessarily be from AA's and could be formed ad hoc. This same thing could work for your initial 10v10 anyway, but it would be somewhat important that the games have finite end points and that winners get rewarded else it may be pointless. This kind of tournament could be interesting and even evolve to solve problems between AA's that don't necessarily feel they should involve entire alliances or allies in wars.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316718196' post='2806081']
This isn't the best idea. So basically you are creating some TE version in SE because you don't want to play the game?
[/quote]

Show me one person currently in alliance leadership who DOES want to play the game. I see nothing but cowards. I like this idea, it shows creativity. We had something called 10.10.10 a year back that was a blast, this is similar to that.

Suggestion: Create Alliance A and Alliance B as protectorates of FEAR.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1316755387' post='2806558']
I will wait for the proxy wars to start. A few guys have words here on the OWF. they go to the respective combat alliances to settle it. their pals join in and they bring two friends and they bring two friends and they bring two friends and they bring two friends and they bring two friends until there is a GW being fought on these two AAs. Then I'm in.
[/quote]

Pretty much this.

I'd totally do it, but knowing my luck I'd get the !@#$ kicked out of me, blow my WC, and then some sort of global conflict would start and I would be screwed. :P

I do support this, though, as it sounds quite fun.