Alliance A vs. Alliance B

thedon125

Do you want this?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So here is an idea that FEAR's MoD, Spaarlaamp, came up with on IRC, fleshed out a little more by me.

Two new alliances form, literally "Alliance A" and "Alliance B".
They are permanently at war.
Anyone can join either alliance of their choosing just by changing their AA, no need to bother with forums or ghosting/non-ghosting
If you want dual-alliance membership, that's fine by me, but ask your alliance leaders if they're cool with it (say you came from GOONS and you want to go back to GOONS once your thirst for war is done)
To be in Alliance A or Alliance B, your AA MUST be "Alliance A" or "Alliance B", no exceptions.
No nukes (this is meant to be fun, not super-destructive. Save them nukes for the next actual war).
--EXCEPTION: If someone leaves Alliance A or Alliance B while carrying OFFENSIVE wars, they are fair game for nuking (discourages tech raids)
Alliance A can ONLY attack Alliance B
Alliance B can ONLY attack Alliance A
Neither alliance can treaty another
No "outside" wars
If someone leaves the AA, they are off-limits to attack (useful for gurella tactics?), but their present wars that still read Alliance A vs. Alliance B on the war screen are fair game to finish up.

Discuss! By my guess, this is pretty much a win-win-lose situation. Players who like war get to let off steam whenever they want. Players who don't like war can sit by completely unaffected. Alliances will take some score hits as players leave, but if they're a good alliance, they should take the warrior back in (though their NS will obviously be lower).

When there is enough support, the DoW's will go up :awesome:

Edit: We're aiming for 20 initial combatants
Support so far:
TheDon125
Unknown Smurf

Edited by thedon125

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladisvok Destino' timestamp='1316713291' post='2806031']
Or stay in your own alliance and raid both Alliances A & B?
[/quote]
Obviously we'd have to hope the rest of the game will respect A and B enough to leave them alone. If anything, we find a protector for the two of them that only steps in if an outside attack is launched.

[quote]If someone leaves the AA, they are off-limits to attack (useful for gurella tactics?), but their present wars that still read Alliance A vs. Alliance B on the war screen are fair game to finish up[/quote].

So you can jump on the AA declare 3 wars on people much smaller than you, and then change back to your own aa and not worry about any more attacks.

TECH RAID!!!!

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1316713727' post='2806035']

So you can jump on the AA declare 3 wars on people much smaller than you, and then change back to your own aa and not worry about any more attacks.

TECH RAID!!!!
[/quote]
Yup! The only people on these AA's are people who want to fight anyway, so they would probably welcome the challenge.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1316713938' post='2806040']
Sure, until A or B get bigger than the other.
[/quote]
Perhaps. It would be interesting to see the dynamics of such an event; if one alliance would grow and curbstomp the other, or if, as Alliance A grew, it gained some notable public figures, causing Alliance B's numbers to swell, or if Alliance A gets too big, watching people jump ship to B because they want targets.

Problem is that noone wants to go first. I'm down to do it, but I know I'll get raped by 3 tech raiders...

You should have got two groups of 10 to do it at the beginning and then give anyone who wants to the option to jump in

EDIT: That said, if someone wants to bait some raiders and have me come in and attack the people that attack them, PM me :)

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1316714110' post='2806042']
Problem is that noone wants to go first. I'm down to do it, but I know I'll get raped by 3 tech raiders...

You should have got two groups of 10 to do it at the beginning and then give anyone who wants to the option to jump in

EDIT: That said, if someone wants to bait some raiders and have me come in and attack the people that attack them, PM me :)
[/quote]
That's what this thread is for, hammering out details I may have missed, and finding those initial combatants.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316714588' post='2806050']
If you want a war so much, start one with while use your current AA. IF you want a war just for push buttons, CN:TE exist for a reason.
[/quote]
Sure, TE exists for this reason, but why not share the fun in SE? The no nukes policy means this won't affect you in any way (unless a ton of Polaris people decide to join in the fun); and the treaty web pretty much ensures that anyone who starts a war will get stomped on hard for a good 2-3 weeks (not to mention the collateral damage of alliance-mates who don't want war). Here, if you want out, you can be done in as little as 1 week.

Edited by thedon125

[quote name='thedon125' timestamp='1316714840' post='2806053']
Sure, TE exists for this reason, but why not share the fun in SE? The no nukes policy means this won't affect you in any way (unless a ton of Polaris people decide to join in the fun); and the treaty web pretty much ensures that anyone who starts a war will get stomped on hard for a good 2-3 weeks. Here, if you want out, you can be done in as little as 1 week.
[/quote]

This game isn't a war simulator but a political simulator and war is just one of the tools to be used. Declare war just for fun isn't really funny, since the war system is pretty boring, so no offense but the idea is stupid.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316715038' post='2806054']
This game isn't a war simulator but a political simulator and war is just one of the tools to be used. Declare war just for fun isn't really funny, since the war system is pretty boring, so no offense but the idea is stupid.
[/quote]
Perhaps you are right, perhaps it is.

But why not try this experiment and see how it goes? If you don't want to join, then don't; leave this thread be unless you have constructive input and pretend the world of Alliance A and Alliance B doesn't exist. :P

Alliance A and their allies ran this world for too long. I thought we fought Karma so Alliance B couldn't rule with an iron fist anymore, but now we've got somebody just as bad as the first.

Methrage will go rogue on Alliance A.

:(( GOONS :(( will ruin everything.

Edit:

[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2][quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316715038' post='2806054']
[/quote]

[/size][/font][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif][size=2]Well hey, the best part of this whole idea is that if you don't like it....you don't have to do it! [/size][/font]

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1316718196' post='2806081']
This isn't the best idea. So basically you are creating some TE version in SE because you don't want to play the game?
[/quote]
More of an outlet for SE players to take a break from the game. I don't expect anyone to stay in Alliance A or Alliance B for very long, they'll satisfy their taste for war, then return to their original alliance. A good analogy would be going to work all week, then having fun on Friday night. This would be the Friday night, "the game" would be work. As I've said before, this wouldn't be for everyone, but I know of a few people who like the idea, at least in theory.

Edited by thedon125