Getting to know the new neighbors

Mogar

Waking up groggily in her bed, Yenna sighed and pulled the covers over her head, not wanting to get up and actually have to try to fix the never ending problems she had to deal with every day. after showering and getting dressed, she was bombarded as she left her room by an assistant to begin the days issues, she only feigned interest as she got lost in her own thoughts of how to escape the stress for a day or two, when the assistant actually brought up a subject relevant to her interests, the need to meet diplomatically with the new island nation of Sumatra, something she had actually suggested herself. she grinned at the thought of a short vacation and hugged the assistant, catch the girl by surprise, "go make sure everything is ready, I'll go pack!"

As the princess began packing her bags with help from numerous assistants, maids and attendants, the arrangements were made for her to arrive in Sumatra later that day. A small convoy of a limousine and a van to carry her luggage, along with the needed security personnel arrived at the airport and took off 20 minutes after her arrival, headed northwest towards Sumatra.

Edited by Mogar

Sumatran air traffic control would make contact with the Princess's plane and route her to a private air strip in Medan. There she would be greeted by President Sukarno at the end of a pathway flanked by guards of the Tiger Battalion. She would be allowed to retain her personal guard.

He smiled and extended his hand, "Princess Yenna, a pleasure to finally be meeting you. We have a parade route along the path to the Executive Building. I'm sorry I didn't warn you, but the option is yours. Take the parade route and see the face of the city or a calm, quiet and relaxing side route?

The Princess was simply beaming upon getting off the private jet, exploring new places and seeing something besides the walls of the palace for a change was awesome, though the two women in their early twenties accompanying the Princess may not have said the same thing. taking the president's hand into hers, she smiled at his greeting, "President Sukarno, the pleasure is all mine, I am thrilled to be in your country and experience your culture firsthand, Let's take the parade route, I'd love to see the city while on our way to the Executive Building, I am excited to see the beauty of your city!"

"Very well! Please follow me."

Sukarno led the Princess to an open top car with a driver in officer's uniform. In front and behind were black Land Rovers. Waiting with the door open to the convertible was Director of Internal Affairs Khadijah, a beautiful 30 year old of Malay descent.

"Welcome to Sumatra," she greeted warmly, "Your security detail can embark one of the SUV's if you choose. I do hope you enjoy your time here."

"After you, m'lady," Sukarno said, allowing Princess Yenna to enter the car first."

With that they were off. Upon entering the city, more and more Sumatrans lined the streets, many waving handheld flags of both Sumatra and Australia which had been distributed to the crowds. Some threw flowers native to the island before the motorcade as the civilians cheered.

Upon reaching the Executive Headquarters, a large Dutch colonial building, the party disembarked, with a civilian extending a bouquet to the Princess. Sukarno turned to Yenna, "I thought we could take a stroll through the garden around back. It's such a lovely day and correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem the type to be engaged rather than sitting in a conference room, yes?"