Marscurians split the atom

KaiserMelech Mikhail

National University of Marscurian Siberia, Marscury:

In a lab in a building on the northern end of the campus, two scientists were sitting in front of a glowing computer screen. "Alright," said Albert, "so now I need you to type in left parenthesis, period, right parenthesis, left parenthesis, period, right parenthesis. Now, what do you see?"

"OHMYGODBOOBS," Ivan yelled, amused by the new humor the computer had given the nation, "another breakthrough for the good of Marscurian Siberia!"

Behind the two, several centrifuges were slowing their cycles after several hours of work. Inside lay the results of an attempt to enrich a small amount of uranium ore purchased by the university.

"Hey," Ivan yelled, "if you plug 80085 in a calculator you get..."

"Tell me later," Albert interrupted him, "it's time." The U-235 isolated from the sample was compressed in a tight block, about 3 kg in weight, and placed on the table in the lab. "Firing neutron cannon," Albert yelled out. With a loud bang, the experiment began. "Temperature," Albert yelled to Ivan, who was holding the thermometer.

"83 degrees... 92... 145... 177... 212... 245!"

"DUNK IT," Albert yelled. Ivan ran up with a baseball bat, and smacked the small block into a waiting graphite cube filled with ice water. With a quick burst of steam, the experiment was over. "Well, I suppose we should tell the dean," Albert said, taking off his goggles, "but first show me the calculator thing."

International Release:
On Wednesday, September 21, 2011, scientists at the National University of Marscurian Siberia successfully performed a controlled reaction of nuclear fission. With this new experience, we are seeking foreign advisers to help us build the nation's first nuclear power plant.

OOC: IG Manhattan Project

"We welcome Manscurian Siberia to the nuclear club, may you use these terrible weapons only when there is no other option left, and enjoy the wonders of nuclear powers to provide to every citizen as much electricity as they could ever want."
- Her Majesty Princess Yenna, [i]Victorian Empress, Tasmanian Angel, Queen of Queensland, Duchess of New South Wales, Viceroy of Western Australia, Countess of the Limestone Coast. [/i]

The United Federation of the East offers to produce parts for Mascurian Siberia to produce a medical reactor. As for a nuclear power plant, might we suggest building a fusion power plant or linking with the multiple ones we are building in Mongolia as they do not have the same risks.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1316668473' post='2805759']
The United Federation of the East offers to produce parts for Mascurian Siberia to produce a medical reactor. As for a nuclear power plant, might we suggest building a fusion power plant or linking with the multiple ones we are building in Mongolia as they do not have the same risks.
[/quote]
All the intellect in Marscurian Siberia combined could not build or maintain a fusion reactor (plus I don't have the nuclear power plant IG). A nuclear fission power plant inside Marscurian Siberia would be best in order to provide a large and steady supply of electricity.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1316670633' post='2805771']
We were offering to help you build it!
[/quote]
Yes, but maintenance and a constant supply of heavy water would be impossibilities for our nation and people. We have proven our ability to enrich uranium.

OOC: No IG nuclear power plant means no IC fusion plant. Just trying to justify that here.

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail