Through a glass, but Darkly..

Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoffrey shook his head, "Not that I have noticed.. not besides.. well.. the very obvious fact I'm not a normal human being any longer. That's strange enough. If it got any stranger, I would have to be put into a mental ward because I'm not sure I'd be able to cope.. not that I'm really coping well with this.."

"Nor I.." Christine whispered.

Dr. Julian Karnell was looking at charts and C.A.T. scans nearby. He shook his head. "I'm very sorry Your Highness, I did everything I could in my knowledge of my father's work, but you were far gone before I could intervene. You are alive though. I suppose at this point the best you can do is make the best of your new situation."

Geoffrey sighed, "I am not so certain we can govern.. what will the people think of us?"

William interjected, "If I have may way, they will remember you for what you have done and who you are.. not what you are. I'm sure there will be some who will want to harm you because of what you are... I mean... racial supremacists are one thing.. this is a whole new game. I'll double the guard and security."

Christine sobbed and nuzzled her husband's arm in distress. He lightly stroked the back of her head, very carefully with his newly formed talons. "Shhh, It'll be alright." He said softly. Truth is, he wasn't sure it would be.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[b]Jesse: [/b]Well if you ever need me as extra security you know how to get me. Now I have other matters to deal with.

[b]Paul: [/b]Wait a sec, that’s it? After all you have done to help you are just going to leave?

[b]Jesse: [/b]Paul, this is something I really need to do, time for me to put the past to rest.

[b]Paul: [/b]You are finally going to do it huh? You are going to go after the organization and the man that killed my brother. You keep telling people that your parents died when they were young even though they died less than 5 years ago.

[b]Jesse: [/b]The Noverian Mafia has been free to do what they want for too long. Their current leader was the one that killed my parents and it is time for them to face the consequences for their actions, and since there seems to be nothing left for me to do here I might as well go back.

[b]Paul: [/b]You guys have been freedom fighters long enough to know that you don’t fight just for Noveria, you fight for all the free people of the world, ever thought of settling down with your wife in Andorra? Let Andorra be your new base of operations. You will have my permission to go everywhere and I will also provide you with the best supplies and anything else you need.

[b]Jesse: [/b]That is a good offer Paul but I cant until the Mafia is no more.

[b]Paul: [/b]You can’t take them on by yourselves.

[b]Jesse: [/b]The Noverian military is still with us. The Mafia is still known as an organized crime organization and the military in Nadrink is doing everything they can to stop them. It is time for Delta to join that fight, and time for me to avenge my parent's deaths. They were about to finally put the Mafia away for good then they killed them before they could finish it. Now I will finish it for them.

[b]Paul: [/b]Many of the Noverian politicians still use them for their dirty work. They won’t like what you are doing.

[b]Jesse: [/b]Well to fricken bad for them. We are going to take the Mafia out and there is nothing they can do to stop us. I have been fighting the Mafia for a long time already, those assasins that were trying to kill me a couple months ago were sent by the Mafia. I killed them all before they could even get close to me and now it is time to finish this fight. If the Noverian government hates me for what I am doing than they can all go to hell! I am going to defeat the Mafia and the government will probably try to stop me, but I will make sure that they all fail. This is my fight and it is almost over. If I win I will be with you in Andorra soon but if I die well at least I will be back with my parents and grandfather again.

[b]Brian: [/b]You know they are going to call us traitors and fugitives once those corporate executives find out what we are doing.

[b]Jesse: [/b]They can go to hell. We are doing the right thing and if they don't like it than they can go screw themselves, I really don't care. Once they figure out what I plan to do they will send the N.S.F after us. The Mafia works closely with Novcorp and the NDC to do their dirty work so their HQ should be near the main Novcorp building.

[b]Paul: [/b]I was in it during my meeting with the President so I know where it is. The Mafia should be headquartered in one of the buildings nearby. Be careful Jesse, I don't want to lose you as well.

[b]Jesse: [/b]I will be back Paul. Come on Delta, lets move.

[b]Jesse and Delta start heading back to the airport to go back to Noveria while Paul stayed in the hospital with the King and Queen.[/b]

[b]Paul: [/b]Sorry about that. Is there anything you 2 need right now or do you want me to leave the room for now?

[b]OOC: What Jesse does next will be in the Delta Squad thread soon.[/b]

Edited by jesbro

Geoffrey and Christine shook their head. "Nah, I think we are alright for now Paul. If you want to stay with us you can to keep us company. I am very afraid about how the world is going to react to this. Let alone our own people. While I'm relatively certain I am still fit to govern, I'm also relatively certain there will be those who shall say I am not." He sighed.

If there had been any change to Geoffrey and Christine.. other than their bodies, it was not readily apparent.

[b]Paul: [/b]

Geoffrey is right Christine. Though you may look different on the outside what you are in your mind and heart is still the same. You just got to look past your outside appearances. Though I can honestly say that even though we have been friends since childhood I have been hiding things about my family. My great grandfather knew Maelstrom just as I know you now. They were friends and he could look past Maelstrom's outside appearance for he was still his friend but things did change after Maelstrom's death. When he found out about the Dragon Cult and what they were doing he tried to stop them. Although they were supposedly trying to get Maelstrom to come back to life he knew it would not be the same. So then he tried to reason with the Dragon Cult leader, but in the end they ended up killing him. His son, my grandfather continued the fight against the cult to wipe them out and avenge his father's death and Jesse continues that fight now.

You two must look past what is on the outside and focus on what is on the inside. You do that and you will find the courage to lead no matter what. Although Maelstrom looked different they still trusted each other. It may take time for the people and you to get used to this but me and Jesse will make sure that nothing bad happens to you. But if you want Jesse to help with your security you are going to have to wait a bit, he needs to finish something in Noveria first.

Edited by jesbro

Geoffrey sighed. He had no idea what Paul was talking about. "I don't know who this Maelstrom is.. or why he is important to me. I know of the cult, but not of the rest" He looked at his arms. "Science can be a truly terrible thing especially to those who do not grasp what it is doing. I will find the silver lining in this somehow."

[b]Paul: [/b]Maelstrom was the ruler of the Dragon Empire a long time ago. The cult worshiped him as some kind of god but my great grandfather knew the truth and he died trying to stop them. What I want to know is do you think this happened by accident or is something else going on?

"No, nothing else was going on. I just got too nosy with something I should not have. It was all my fault. I had no idea those relics may have been weapons." He sighed, "I'm so sorry my love." He looked to Christine.

She shook her head, "It's not your fault.. it's the monsters that made that thing. Don't you dare blame yourself Geoffrey."

Paul would now see that disturbance. It appeared to stand right next to Geoffrey.

[b]Paul: [/b]Jesse will find the rest of them soon and take them out just like they did to Kang. Right now though he is dealing with some other stuff in Noveria. Like avenging his parents who were killed by the Noverian Mafia. We won't be able to keep what has happened here hidden for long. Sooner or later the people will find out. If this happened to me I would probably give a speech about how this does not change anything and how I would still do my best to lead them. I think that is what you should do as well.

"You're right.. First I'll let out a press release, letting the people know the virus that attacked us has significantly changed us, but that my doctors have ruled me competent and able to serve. I'll then do a press conference.. and let them see what I have become." He sighed. "It's not like I can run from myself."

The disturbance.. which Geoffrey and Christine did not notice.. seemed to move next to Paul.

[b]Paul: [/b]And I'll be right next to you during that press conference. Adrian says that things are going well in Andorra so it is OK if I am here for another week or two. But I am going to have to go back sometime.

[b]Paul then felt the disrurbance and looked around to see if someone was behind him, but no one was.[/b]

"I can't believe you guys are used to this ghost thing."

"I was right. You may look different on the outside but it is still the same Geoffrey on the inside. And don't say stuff like that, you know how I can get freaked out by ghosts and stuff like that. Which is probably the reason this thing seems to like me at the moment, that could mean something though. When Jesse was here it seemed to be all over him yet now that he is gone it comes to me. Maybe it has something to do with our family or something else entirely. I don't know. I just wish that it would either reveal to me what it is or leave me alone."

Edited by jesbro

[b]Paul: [/b]You are really starting to get on my nerves Doctor Karnell. I am not a fricken cultist and I never will be one. Simple as that. If that thing is an evil ghost trying to make me a cultist you might as well tell it to go the $%&@ away because I will never become one. My grandfather was a friend to Maelstrom and they killed him when he tried to tell them to stop. I am not going to join the organization that killed him, you can count on that.

Edited by jesbro

The apparition settled over Paul. He seemed to begin to hallucinate as time seemed to stop to him or really slow down. Geoffrey was speaking to him, but it was slurred. He heard a voice in his head, "The cult wasn't really my plan at all. But the Dreamers do exist. I'm one of them. It's only that those that tend to discover this by my attempts at inspiration.. go mad." Came a voice he did not readily recognize.

Then the voice went away, the apparition went away, and time seemed to return to normal.. when he picked upon what Geoffrey was saying it was half-way finished, "....Paul. I'm glad you're vigilant against those extremists. We wouldn't want anyone like that in France, it'd be a nightmare."

[b]A little bit after the blackout in Noveria started Paul got a call from Adrian (Director of the AIA: Andorran Intelligence Agency) who was in command back in Andorra while he and Damion were in Angevin.

Adrian: [/b]We just lost all contact with Noveria a few minutes ago. It was not just us, it seems Noveria was cut off from the whole world.

[b]Paul: [/b]This has happened before but it was a long time ago, back when it was called the Republic of Canuckistan.

[b]Adrian: [/b]Dam. I guess there is not much we can do at this point.

[b]Paul: [/b]Nothing exept hope that Jesse and Delta can bring down the Mafia once and for all. If we do not get a call from them within a week after the blackout is lifted we must assume that they have failed.

[b]Adrian: [/b]I will let you know if we get any calls from them. Adrian out.

Edited by jesbro

[b]OOC: I'm guessing that the press conference will be at the Chateau of Angers.[/b]

[b]Paul [to King Geoffrey]: [/b]Everything is ready for you. There are media crews from all over the world here ready to see what happened and ready to hear what you have to say. I will be right next to you the whole time so there is nothing to worry about. Are you ready for this?

Edited by jesbro

"Paul, too soon. Dismiss the press. I have a lot of things to consider still. Like whether or not I want to actually be considered deceased. I'm not certain, for the sake of the nation, I should try to lead at this point." Geoffrey sighed. "At the very most Christine and I need some time to acclimate to what has happened to us. Joseph is a good leader, he can rule for a week or two."

Geoffrey had taken to wearing a robe to replace his old suits, much like the old kings. It was one of the few forms of clothing that easily adapted to his new shape. Christine had done much the same. As they recovered, they took to roaming the private portions of the hospital. How they walked, their sense of balance, how they balanced.. it'd all changed and was new to them. It was not uncommon for them to fall as they practiced. "After all.. " Geoffrey commented during one of his falls, "Do you want this country and its people to believe it is governed by bumbling, ungraceful, imbeciles? When I show my face again, it must be one of strength even if it is a different face altogether."

The weeks passed. The royals re-found their footing and their confidence. "Alright Paul, now is the time. Call them back. Having thought on it, becoming a recluse will not solve our dilemma and this country still needs solid leadership. I had.. briefly, thought of ordaining you as my successor and ruling from the shadows, but I just cannot shrug off the responsibility that has been put upon me regardless of form." Geoffrey began walkingt to the facility Gym. He was going to watch his wife do gymnastics at which she apparently now excelled and thoroughly enjoyed.

"Tell the press I'll see them around afternoon."

## In the meantime ##

A press release was circulated [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103295&view=findpost&p=2817361"]here.[/url]

[b]A little bit later Paul calls Jesse.

Paul: [/b]Tell me you are going to be at the conference this afternoon.

[b]Jesse: [/b]Of course I am, I'm actually feeling good about today.

[b]Paul: [/b]That's a first.

[b]Jesse: [/b]Last week I killed the man that killed my parents which also helped bring Noveria into a new era of freedom for the people. Although it is still in a military government right now that is only temporary until they can get a new democratic government set up.

[b]Paul: [/b]And if they can't?

[b]Jesse: [/b]Lets just hope it does not come to that, for their sake it better not. I will be at the conference on the other side of you [b](OOC: Paul will be beside King Geoffrey and Jesse will be beside Paul.)[/b] and as long as everything goes well there is very little that will get me angry.

Edited by jesbro