Cannot accept trade

trs4ece

Although I am only using four trades out of five, I am unable to accept either of the other two trade offers that are pending. I tried opening the site in both Aurora (Firefox pre-beta), Opera and IE with the same results in all three.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1316640026' post='2805469']
Having 0 out of 5 slots displaying on the top while clearly having some approved on the bottom sounds like a bug to me.
[/quote]

It says he has 0 of 5 slots available. It's not an indication of how many accepted trades he has. If he deletes one of the two pending trades to get him back to the limit, this will change to 1 of 5 slots available once that is done. He can then accept the pending trade and it will again read 0 of 5 slots available as he'll have five accepted trades.

Well, I guess in that context, the text underneath the 0 of 5 warning makes sense. I just expected to see a button to allow me to accept the trade. Seems that was once an option? Anyway, glad to hear that it's not exactly a bug.

Well, originally you could only have a total of five accepted or pending trades at one time. This was changed as there were problems with new nations sending out trade offers to random players and using the last slot of somebosy waiting for a specific trade. Meaning that trade could not be offered until the nation cancelled the new nation's offer. So acceptance works just as it did when you could only have a total of five pending/accepted trades. It's just now you can now have pending trades temorarily put you over the limit to avoid the issue of your slots being filled with unasked for trades blocking the one you wanted. The wanted trade can still be offered.

[quote name='Captain Nathan Brittles' timestamp='1316642314' post='2805484']
It says he has 0 of 5 slots available. It's not an indication of how many accepted trades he has. If he deletes one of the two pending trades to get him back to the limit, this will change to 1 of 5 slots available once that is done. He can then accept the pending trade and it will again read 0 of 5 slots available as he'll have five accepted trades.
[/quote]
That'll teach me to read when I'm tired, I guess. :facepalm: