An Announcement from TLR and NPO

Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1316468385' post='2803959']
I would have left GR within minutes of that treaty being announced.

I'm all in favour of second chances and people changing. But there are some things that can't change. Chief among those is my firm belief that the NPO must die. I am also a man who believes in fairness. Once the first condition is met, I will give the NPO their second chance.
[/quote]
Oh dear, and after I sent my check into the Ministry of Finance. I shall demand a refund, good sir!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1316468385' post='2803959']
I would have left GR within minutes of that treaty being announced.

I'm all in favour of second chances and people changing. But there are some things that can't change. Chief among those is [b]my firm belief that the NPO must die[/b]. I am also a man who believes in fairness. [b]Once the first condition is met, I will give the NPO their second chance[/b].
[/quote]

Once the first condition is met, how is the second even possible? Besides, in case you hadn't noticed, we've already been on the short end of two major wars... I would hope all perceived "dues" have been paid!

I am in TLR.
Who can see what's wrong with this treaty?

I have spent my entire CN political career opposing the NPO and everything they stood/stand for.
I guess I'm going to have to rethink my position in TLR.

So... Any offers for this old man looking for a new place to rest his head?

Edited by Blacky

[quote name='Anhur' timestamp='1316496273' post='2804346']
Once the first condition is met, how is the second even possible? Besides, in case you hadn't noticed, we've already been on the short end of two major wars... I would hope all perceived "dues" have been paid!
[/quote]
VE, GOONS, and \m/ have all risen back from the dead in some form, if you want to be like them you could do the same. :P

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1316498128' post='2804361']
I am in TLR.

I have spent my entire CN political career opposing the NPO and everything they stood/stand for.

[/quote]

There is nothing wrong with the treaty. Majority rule stated that this is what the alliance wanted. You don't like it then quit CN because chances are other alliances are going to do the same thing. The whole "NPO is ebil!" bit is just like the "Russia is ebil" bit in the real world. The past is the past now get over it or get rolled.

Edited by Ventus

I doubt that it's anything to do with NPO being "ebil", just that he's been opposing and fighting them for so long that he has no desire to be allies. From what I understand, there was debate about it, it was decided to hold off for a while. Then all of a sudden here we are - it's announced on the forums before it is on our own. Was there a vote for it? I don't remember there being one. Sure, the majority of the alliance, going by what was on that first debate, would likely have voted for the alliance, but at least the option to vote would have been nice.

Now looking around the forums I can see other rather interesting treaties being looked at, and I doubt we'll get the chance to vote for that, either. So, I can see where Blacky is coming from. And also, not very nice behaviour, Ventus. It's "you're with us or you're against us", is it?

Edited by Azhrei

I am in TLR.

[/quote]
I think it's about to move on from that rivalry. It's a bit stale.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1316485545' post='2804174']
It's a little underground... but nowadays, I'm all about arguing about 2006.

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/nn5t7a.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha. That's a good one!

I am in TLR.

[/quote]

My friend, so you have spent your whole career fighting against Pacifica. As our members and governements have spent a good while talking and getting everyhing out in the open to better a relationship that started by a clean slate being given, I ask where you there? I don't see you on our forums, talking with our members. I see a blind hate that there is no need for.

Point is, TLR is made up of former enemies of mine from different alliances. While enemies they were, I have respect for what they are able to do. And when I heard TLR and NPO had a good thing going, I gave it a shot and you know what? I don't give a !@#$ who used to be an enemy anymore. TLR is a new alliance whom we get on with very well and I am very pleased that we do.

Just come talk to us a little. You may be surprised how friendly we can be.

o/ the treaty and such

I am in TLR.

[/quote]
I was one of the people who assisted in the preempt of NPO, and you don't see me coming out against this treaty. :v:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1316519832' post='2804464']
I was one of the people who assisted in the preempt of NPO, and you don't see me coming out against this treaty. :v:
[/quote]
In fairness Sardonic, would there have been many you would have passed the opportunity of war up for?
I get the feeling you are one of those people that wants a bit of war, some fun, then reset and go again, hopefully with some new enemies as quick as possible.

[quote name='Ventus' timestamp='1316501584' post='2804385']
There is nothing wrong with the treaty. Majority rule stated that this is what the alliance wanted. You don't like it then quit CN because chances are other alliances are going to do the same thing. The whole "NPO is ebil!" bit is just like the "Russia is ebil" bit in the real world. The past is the past now get over it or get rolled.
[/quote]

But NPO has always been ebil... Oh wait... new script...

GOD has always been ebil

Is that better Big Brother?

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1316522560' post='2804470']
In fairness Sardonic, would there have been many you would have passed the opportunity of war up for?
I get the feeling you are one of those people that wants a bit of war, some fun, then reset and go again, hopefully with some new enemies as quick as possible.
[/quote]

I fail to see what's so terribly awful about this.

[/quote]

Are you honestly promoting [i]world peace[/i]? "There is no bad guy".

People all understand what we're doing here, this very instant, right?

The past is the past now get over it or get rolled.
[/quote]
I haven't seen anything positive from the NPO as of yet. They always signed with anyone with a semblance of power that they thought they could manipulate or use. Nothing has changed.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1316512720' post='2804443']
I think it's about to move on from that rivalry. It's a bit stale.
[/quote]
I don't hold grudges very well, that's one of my personal character traits. But I still haven't lost my sense.

[quote]My friend, so you have spent your whole career fighting against Pacifica. [/quote]
Victim complex much? I didn't spend my time fighting against Pacifica, the NPO spent their time fighting me.
It got to the point where NPO leadership attempted to control my posting on the forum and even making threats to me personally and my alliance.

Nothing has changed though so I have no reason to accept the NPO as a friend.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1316519832' post='2804464']
[/quote]
That's fine. I don't think any less of you or TLR for making this decision.

[quote name='Azhrei' timestamp='1316506838' post='2804424']
I doubt that it's anything to do with NPO being "ebil", just that he's been opposing and fighting them for so long that he has no desire to be allies. From what I understand, there was debate about it, it was decided to hold off for a while. Then all of a sudden here we are - it's announced on the forums before it is on our own. Was there a vote for it? I don't remember there being one. Sure, the majority of the alliance, going by what was on that first debate, would likely have voted for the alliance, but at least the option to vote would have been nice.

Now looking around the forums I can see other rather interesting treaties being looked at, and I doubt we'll get the chance to vote for that, either. So, I can see where Blacky is coming from. And also, not very nice behaviour, Ventus. It's "you're with us or you're against us", is it?
[/quote]

The Senate vote wasn't put up until after this thread was made, there were forum problems all week though so I'm not sure if that was on purpose or by accident.

It may not be nice but it's also not nice for someone who never posts on the forums to publicly bash TLR, especially since I do not see a resignation from him. If anything it's "follow procedures or you are a traitor". If there are problems with the treaty then you post them in the TLR forums, if you don't use the forums then you leave without saying goodbye as you are just a ghost.

It would be the height of naievete to assume that TLR's government and membership have not been heavily influenced by my values and thinking, and even that I do not still communicate with my friends as often as I take time to muster a little activity. It would be foolish to assume that I would abandon my children. They have left the nest, or perhaps the nest has left them, but they have done well and I am proud of them.

I look forward to all of my friends continuing to draw closer together politically. :)

Edited by Londo Mollari

[quote name='Ventus' timestamp='1316541220' post='2804561']
The Senate vote wasn't put up until after this thread was made, there were forum problems all week though so I'm not sure if that was on purpose or by accident.

It may not be nice but it's also not nice for someone who never posts on the forums to publicly bash TLR, especially since I do not see a resignation from him. If anything it's "follow procedures or you are a traitor". If there are problems with the treaty then you post them in the TLR forums, if you don't use the forums then you leave without saying goodbye as you are just a ghost.
[/quote]
I have had problems logging in. Apologies and what not.

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1316534685' post='2804526']

Victim complex much? I didn't spend my time fighting against Pacifica, [b]the NPO spent their time fighting me.
It got to the point where NPO leadership attempted to control my posting on the forum and even making threats to me personally and my alliance.[/b]Nothing has changed though so I have no reason to accept the NPO as a friend.

[/quote]

Victim complex much?

Funny, the leaders of Pacifica that tried to control your posting and made threats to you I am certain are no longers the leaders. Unless Mary recently told you she was going to roll your alliance (which I doubt) I fail to see how Pacifica has not changed. And no, I don't have a victim complex. I'm not the one harping on about how alliances treated me badly. To be frank, I couldn't give a !@#$ what anyone thinks of me nor would I give a !@#$ if any alliance I am in is rolled. You win some and you lose some. You sac up and move forward with a hope that people change, some for better some for worse. However if change is something that one is not willing to do, then they've lost already.