An Announcement from TLR and NPO

Voodoo Nova

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to thank my fellow members in TLR for supporting this truly welcome change in global politics. It has been a tough road and your support has made the burden of the journey most welcome.

Years ago I thought I would never be proud and honored to call Pacifica my ally, her members my brothers and sisters in arms.

But I am proud and honored and await the fruits of this friendship to blossom and ripen for a long time to come.

So glad to see this announced. The work that went into getting this relationship off the ground has truly been fun and I have had a great time. TLR you are a great group of people and I am looking forward to working with you in the coming days.

o/ TLR
o/ NPO

First off... you are a dead man Sheep Boy.... so very very dead.

I am not a shout out type of person, but today I am.

Thank you to my comrades at Pacifica for their open communication and willingness to let go of the old. This isn't just about the alliance prior to TLR's forming, but across the board. Thank you for being the Pacificans I know you are o/

TLR, what can I say, I never imagined such a fine group of people would be so willing to talk to us openly and honestly, I am humbled and I look forward to the future.

ODN, the cake is DELICIOUS and thank you as well, for listening to us and talking with us. That orange cake and baby mixture worked out fine didn't it? BTW, this includes Kalasin, if for nothing else remaining true to beliefs and ideas so they could be talked about. I know you don't agree, but life is ever changing.

GOONS, You know I love me some GOONS, its no surprise. Ball isn't in the NPO court :(

So why stop at an ODP? Because relationships and treaties should grow into something, not instantly be something. One step at a time. Let the relationship grow, then we can talk about the next step. There is zero reason to be in a hurry.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1316412351' post='2803558']
I'm glad to finally see all this hard work finally paid off. Score one for TLR and NPO. Also probably the first time I've ever said this but o/NPO!
[/quote]
I don't understand.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1316441007' post='2803716']
Cool now we can move past the whole Karma thing and stop pretending that we still care about all that moralist crap we got swept up in in 09. o/ A new age of innovation in hegemony and tyranny!
[/quote]

I never believe that you cared about that, so nothing change for me.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1316450412' post='2803796']
First off... you are a dead man Sheep Boy.... so very very dead.

I am not a shout out type of person, but today I am.

Thank you to my comrades at Pacifica for their open communication and willingness to let go of the old. This isn't just about the alliance prior to TLR's forming, but across the board. Thank you for being the Pacificans I know you are o/

TLR, what can I say, I never imagined such a fine group of people would be so willing to talk to us openly and honestly, I am humbled and I look forward to the future.

ODN, the cake is DELICIOUS and thank you as well, for listening to us and talking with us. That orange cake and baby mixture worked out fine didn't it? BTW, this includes Kalasin, if for nothing else remaining true to beliefs and ideas so they could be talked about. I know you don't agree, but life is ever changing.

GOONS, You know I love me some GOONS, its no surprise. Ball isn't in the NPO court :(

So why stop at an ODP? Because relationships and treaties should grow into something, not instantly be something. One step at a time. Let the relationship grow, then we can talk about the next step. There is zero reason to be in a hurry.
[/quote]

Brehon you deserve a shout out yourself. The whole NPO crew in our embassy deserves a shout out. We could not have asked for a more patient treaty partner. You all have been open and honest with us and many of us hope this ODP evolves into something bigger and better, though in order for that to happen both of us need to show the rest of TLR and CnG that it is worth the upgrade that we believe it is. I hope this is just a stepping stone in a long relationship.

Also expect a war between DH and CnG over who gets to be NPO's only ODP partner B-)

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1316459108' post='2803857']
So TLR, you do know that NPO was looking for a treaty with pretty much everyone this side of the web, right?

Congrats nonetheless. I hope they won't drop when you need them most like they've done with so many of their ex-allies.
[/quote]Still whining about 2008???? :awesome:

You might have a point if VAL and BAPS did not retain and strengthen that relationship. As such has occurred, you're talking out your ass.[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1316406726' post='2803497']
Alright, got in the quick shot, time for real reflection. Bittersweet. Amusing.
It's nice to see NPO get a fair shake from TLR. Philosophically, it's what I like. I don't like or dislike NPO, I work with them, but philosophically, it's something I spent a lot of time advocating; fair shakes. It's also a little disheartening in practice. One more treaty signed by a beaten party to its enemies, sure with friendship, but forefront in the mind of course the stop-gap to [in this case] TLR's other allies' future aggression. Like BAPS to Valhalla so long ago, for example.
Amusing for the incoming bull. "We talked it out" "Actually nice guys" "No hard feelings" "Have really changed" "Developed a new understanding" All, of course, time-tested mush talk. Kudos to Azaghul for jumping extra fast, look for more. Keep salt on hand to get all that saccharine taste out of your mouth before this is over with.

Good luck, NPO, you've worked hard for the past two years. You've been around the block more than once---so I know you can spot them--just don't get lazy in regards to the ponces that are grinning for the cameras today. You can be sure, for one, that when I say it's about time and congratulations, Cult of Justitia means it and I mean it.
[/quote]

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1316441007' post='2803716']
Cool now we can move past the whole Karma thing and stop pretending that we still care about all that moralist crap we got swept up in in 09. o/ A new age of innovation in hegemony and tyranny!
[/quote]

Lets skip bipolar too.

Congrats nonetheless. I hope they won't drop when you need them most like they've done with so many of their ex-allies.
[/quote]

People used to say similar things about ODN; doubt their allies have any complaints about their loyalty over the past couple years. The reality is that (with the exception of those alliances that have been swallowed whole by apathy and/or incompetence) there's no alliance more motivated to prove the value of their ties than one with a reputation to rebuild. And after two years in the wilderness, I doubt NPO really wants to restart the process from the beginning.

[/quote]
This thread isnt about ODN.

[quote name='Azhrei' timestamp='1316423692' post='2803619']
Hm. I wonder what Londo would have to say about it.
[/quote]
Uh, Londo is in Olympus and we hold a MDoaP with Pacifica. He'll tell you himself he supported Athens signing w/ NPO

Edited by wickedj