Great Britain Restored

Captain Enema

[b]Manchester[/b]

Cromwell packs up his last bowler hat and frowns. He hates to leave home, he's lived in this modest house for over twenty years. Yet, here he is departing for the halls of power, a place he really would rather not depart for, but must go. Samuel quietly takes up his last bit of luggage and the two of them leave the house in silence.

[b]Glasgow[/b]

"Britons! Today we being the long road of restoring our nation to its rightful place in the world. We'll start here in Scotland and Wales. We'll work with the Germans to rebuild England. One day we'll be a country that is united under one banner.

Shortly we'll begin the hard work of restoring Scotland and Wales to its former glory.

USI, you are on notice. You will return every speck of British land promptly. The same for those Scandinavians squatting on our shores and Islands. You will depart.

The Empire, you had a legal agreement with the former government, we'll honor that 100 year lease and not a second more.

It will take some time to transition the seat of power to London. I ask all Britons to be patient. I ask you all to work side by side with the Germans and other European powers so that we can send them back to their homes in the shortest time possible in good health and spirits.

Britons, we'll work hard, and in the end we will prevail, and we will establish a rational government that places the interests of the people first.

My first official act is to put the House of Lords on notice that they are now a token organization. This hereditary organization is free to meet, but they will never again hold anything more than an advisory capacity with the British government.

The lords, dukes, and earls of the realm will provide their own incomes, their own security, and they'll pay their taxes in full and on time.

The King and his family will be given their personal estates and the income derived from it. It's substantial enough to keep them in bread and butter for centuries. They'll no longer feed off the British people.

My first order of business is to order the remaining forces in Scotland to assemble on Glasgow. We'll put them to rights and they'll immediately be dispatched to assist the Islanders and the Scandinavians with their departure from our soil which amount to nothing more than rank opportunism.

For now the Scottish Territorial Forces will be activated to contain the Scandinavian and Islander incursions. Notices are being sent out as we speak to sort this bit out.

Starting tomorrow rebuilding of the National Health Office is going to be a major priority. Health-care that is affordable and of the highest quality will be made available to all Britons no matter where they are located.

Be patient, work hard, and stand together united!"

[b]Islander Incursion Zone[/b]

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/18/article-1057767-02B5C25700000578-292_233x423.jpg[/img]

Hundreds of Scottish Territorial Army soldiers begin to move towards the Islander holdings on mainland Scotland. Sea lift will be organized later to oust them from their two captured Islands. They are armed with the reserve Territorial equipment drawn from their armories. These include the following weapons:

SA-80 Infantry Rifle
General Purpose Machine Gun
Javelin Anti-Tank Weapons
81mm Mortars
Stinger AA Manpads
Squad Automatic Weapons

Air Support is scant as the RAF is in a massive state of confusion. However, in a day or so it is expected that once the Blackwatch is reorganized there will be a few wings of Tornadoes to go along with it.

Battle Force Islanders is given to Colonel Henry Pim, formerly of His Majesty's Armed Service, who is coming out of retirement to serve once again. He looks over his roster and notices that he has present and accounted for 15 companies of various size. This gives him roughly 1870 men in the field. He hums, he haws, and then he gives orders to pull 600 of them out of the field and organizes them into a proper logistical department after confiscating several dozen large vehicles to give them something to drive about in.

He quickly organizes a staff or keep his workload prioritized. His finds a capable intelligence officer, a bright young quartermaster, a lovely Scottish lass to serve as his medical officer, and an assistant commander for the Battle Force. He gives them the following order, "Get our men under cover, keep them directly off the border for the time being, and prepare them for action. We'll have more men coming shortly."

[b]Battle Force Wiking[/b]

Colonel Airey Neave, currently active duty, is sorely annoyed at having his entire regiment shot to pieces down south. None the less, he's quite competent at what he does. He has the better end of the stick at the moment as the Northern Scottish Territorials are a cohesive force just waiting to be lead into battle.

4200 men under the Northern Scottish Frontier Regiment are standing in formation waiting for him. He's impressed, very impressed, and he duly states as much. He doesn't waste much time buggering about as he orders his scouts to get on the road and to fix the location of the Viking incursions. His orders are simple, "Find them, contain them, and prepare to wipe them out like the criminal riff raff they are."

[b]Battle Force Blackwatch[/b]

Outside of Glasgow the battered survivors of the Southern front make their way to the Blackwatch banner. The men are met by bag pipers, hot food, clean uniforms, and supplies. They are given 48 hours to rest while they are sorted, assigned, and given their orders to their new units. Groups of men who arrive as a unit are slotted into larger commands as they arrive as well.

The heavy metal of the reformed British Army comes in the form of the 350 Challenger Main Battle Tanks that are being pulled out of the scrap yard for active duty. They aren't the current model, but so many of those fell in battle it is difficult to find replacements for them. Despite their are the Challengers are expected to serve well if the Islander invaders and the Vikings want to make a fight of it.

Cage armor and reactive plating is being affixed to them and to the Warrior IFVs as well. 155 SPA are being rehabilitated when they can be found. Supplies are short, but the professional staff that is currently in place is very carefully balancing everything out so that a mixed force can take the field. It might not be a sizable force, but it is hoped that the introduction of armor to the field will make a difference where needed.

[b]Wales[/b]

15,000 Territorial Troops assemble and begin the task of guarding their homes and beaches.

[b]RAF[/b]

Aircraft where it can be found are being rushed to Glasgow to prepare to evict the Islanders and Vikings.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[b]Battle Force Wiking[/b]

Colonel Airey Neave leaves a token force in place whilst sending companies to the recently occupied islands to properly secure them. The other 3400 men of Battle Force Wiking spread out across Northern Scotland to investigate each and every village and hamlet to assist the locals.

"The crisis in the Islands has been solved, England will remain a protectorate of Germanic Union until it is stabilized as it took most of the damage, then the time will come for its people to decide on the future of the land. Wales and Scotland have become a nation which we recognize."

"Our stance regarding the remaining foreign bases in the regions is...indifference."

Reposted from the other thread..

USI Controlled Territory, Scotland

Former Colour Sargent Terry Rourke of the Coldstream Guards is violently angry. It's one thing that his nation is being swarmed under by the Germans, but the little rats from the Islands are quite another. He walks out into the street and walks over to a neighbor's house. He looks at his neighbor and nods. Neither of them say anything, they are both wearing long jackets, and they really have no need to say much of anything.

With the formality of the nod resolved they fall into step with each other and they approach the nearest USI controlled checkpoint. With no further nods they remove their shotguns from under their jackets and open fire on the USI Soldiers with double aught buckshot rounds. Neither of them really expect to survive, but should they manage to escape in the confusion there are a few little tricks for potential USI pursuit.

Across the way is a sniper. He's an elderly gent, he's armed with a .303 rifle, and he's quite an excellent shot. On Terry's side of the street there is a rather innocent looking bicycle with a basket on the rear tire that is chained to a light post. Inside the basket is a low explosives device formed to drive a thick copper plate in a specific direction. It's the basic recipe needed for a shaped charge to take out a lightly armored vehicle or foot patrol. Farther down the street inside a bread shop are two more men with pistols waiting to get the drop on USI soldiers as they run past. [/quote]

[b]Other parts of Mainland Scotland and Captured British Islands[/b]

Disgruntled Britons begin to take action. All across the Islander Occupied Zone and on the Islander occupied islands loyal Britons take up their arms. Man of these are older weapons allowed to them as antiques, but a shooter is a shooter and it'll do just the trick when properly used. Several middle aged men and their .303 rifles take to the high areas and begin their rough work as snipers. They are well familiar with the rough business of the hunt and their home-made gillie suits make them right at home.

With the first crack of the rifle, a dozen more in a dozen different locations ripple out. With this signal the Britons begin to lay in wait for the Islander patrols. Once the patrols past by they open fire on them, hurl gasoline bombs at them, and if possible and in confined quarters they attack them with knives and other edged weapons. It's a dirty fight and the Britons have their blood up and are willing to spend their lives should it be what it takes to win their freedom from the Islander invaders.

They can accept the Germans and their Nordic friends to an extent. They are known powers, they have strength, they tend to follow up on their promises to leave, but the Britons have all seen the reports from them Ministry of Defense at the cowardice shown by the Islanders. The repeated incidents of them showing aggression and then backing down over and over again. They've all had sons and daughters drug out of bed to respond to these alerts one too many times at the early hours of the morning. It is in most of their minds that the governance of the United States of Islands or whatever it is that they fancy themselves as could use a firm British hand.

This British hand is shown on the captured Islands in the Irish Sea. The sheer fury shown by segments of the population shows no limits as men and women snipe, hurl grenades, and fling petrol bombs at Islander patrols and forces. It's even nastier fighting than the mainland uprising. The British men and women have felt the full fury of the shame tied to being associated with the rank cowards of the Islands over and over again and have disowned their so called relatives years ago.

[b]Glasgow[/b]

"We may have to move up our time frame, a full on insurgency has sprung up it seems. Tell Colonel Pims he's on notice to advance within an hour of being ordered to do so. We'll begin moving artillery and armor towards him in the meanwhile," Major General Kitchener commands as Cromwell quietly watches and lets the Kitchener do his job.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

"Australia recognizes the new government of Great Britain, and wishes them a long and stable governance."
- Her Majesty Princess Yenna, [i]Victorian Empress, Tasmanian Angel, Queen of Queensland, Duchess of New South Wales, Viceroy of Western Australia, Countess of the Limestone Coast.[/i]

OOC: Partner you can't control citizens just saying. Also, you could have just asked for me to leave.

"*[b]You cannot arm your citizens and have them fight a war.[/b] It does not matter if you give them full time military training and automatic weapon, the maximum number of armed people you can field in a war is determined by your soldier count."

IC:

[b]Private
[/b]
The checkpoint wasn't an enormous base but it did have a small one story building and a few border guards. When the men were approaching and hadn't stopped or replied to the National Guardsmen they already had the barrels of the Guardsmen's rifles pointed at them. They still didn't stop. Once they were pulling the weapons out of their jackets the National Guardsmen opened fire. All of the border checkpoints were put on high alert and sniper teams were set out.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1316324750' post='2802876']
OOC: Partner, I actually can, for a period of 2 weeks to some extent. Respond to all of it and not everyone is revolting, just a small percentage of the population.
[/quote]

OOC: It seems the rules say you can't? I quoted it but I think I edited the OOC before you saw.

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1316324525' post='2802874']
OOC: Partner you can't control citizens just saying. Also, you could have just asked for me to leave.

"*[b]You cannot arm your citizens and have them fight a war.[/b] It does not matter if you give them full time military training and automatic weapon, the maximum number of armed people you can field in a war is determined by your soldier count."
[/quote]

OOC:You can, so long as it comes out of your soldier count.

Edited by Aggressivenutmeg

OOC: If you really wanna compare soldier counts we can, but in general you are the occupying power attempting to occupy what once was part of my nation. I'd say the favor is going to run towards me.

[b]Battle Force Islander[/b]

Colonel Henry Pim finds his forces standing at 2543 men strong. Three battalions of 600 men are organized and ready to assault the Islander Lines. Another reserve battalion of 400 men is busy incorporating newly arrived Territorials and Active duty men from the South of Great Britain. Another Territorial regiment is moving towards the area in the form of the Queen's Rifles under a Colonel George Collins, which consists of 3200 men.

[b]Glasgow[/b]

240,000 men of the entire Scottish Territorial Army is being organized and prepared for battle with an additional 1000 Challenger Tanks, 1000 Warrior IFVs, and numerous other pieces of artillery both self-propelled and towed are being readied for what is to be dubbed Operation Grandby.

[b]Wales[/b]

The original 15,000 Territorials are joined by another 35,000 men and 300 Challenger tanks.

[b]A Public Statement From The Head of Military Operations of The United States of The Islands[/b]

We ask that everyone please be patient while we wait for the United States Congress to come to a decision on weather to leave the protectorate or not. Until then any attempt to enter the waters, air, or land of the protectorate will result in the destruction of any craft.
Again we ask for the patience and civility of the new British government.

[b]Scottish Border With English Controlled Scotland[/b]

Jefferson Cullen walked as fast as his old legs could bare. He had left his home to get some bottles of water from the United States National Guard when he had heard the gunfire and the stories. It was obvious that the new English government would be just like the previous ones and wish the violent destruction of the United States. Sixty-one year old Jefferson was unsure of the United States a few years back but when they had acquired the Western Isles he grew a much greater appreciation for them when he saw how much they took care of the Isles and all of the aid and soldiers they sent with the nuclear accident that he lost a niece in.

"Come on lads! We have a long day ahead of us!" hundreds behind him, almost all of the village adults, marched with him. Many of them had flags that ranged from the USI tri-color to the Scottish flag with a blue background and a white "X" to the flag of the Western Isles. This scene occurred all along the two or three small bits of Scottish mainland that the United States had claimed to protect. While the populations of these areas were extremely small, they too had a voice. They would not be pushed around by an ever aggressive English government or one that promised hope or one that promised help. They wanted to be under a stable government that would take care of them like the United States had the Western Isles. Even as crops burned at that moment in the Western Isles thousands of tons of grain were being sent there to help feed the people along with the National Guard. These Scottish people wanted that, they wanted a government who cared, one who would stick up for the little guy.

Someone from Islands news had caught up to some of the peaceful demonstrators along to the border. A reporter walked up to Jefferson Cullen who seemed to be leading the demonstration. The news was live on TV and viewable for the world, "Sir why are you here? Why are you and the people of your village standing out here in the cold?" Cullen griped the wooden stick his flag was attached to. He had a thick accent but what he said could be understood. He spoke slowly so the Irish reporter could understand, "Here there was an attempt to kill some border guards of the USI here. Now all these fine soldiers have done is make sure no one harms the mayor and they have given out free food and water to anyone who wants it. If you ask me, they are the good guys here and those men who are shooting at them for no reason are the bad guys." He pointed at the camera, "If you want my family's land and my friends land that have been in our hands for hundreds of years then you are going to have to slaughter everyone single one of us in cold blood because I think those soldiers are our last hope at having a voice." Cullen backed up while several other people of his village around him nodded.

"Did you know that since we have begun reporting this has been going on in many other villages and even on some of the Islands sir?" Jefferson felt a little proud of himself now. He was an old man that had farmed his entire life and now people from places all around him were listening and following in his actions, "Well then I'm proud of them young man." Jefferson pointed to the National Guardsmen who were now shaking hands with some of the demonstrators, "I'll die with those lads because I want to make sure my grandchildren have a future where they are respected."

[b]The United States of The Islands
Douglas
The Situation Room[/b]

David watched his television monitor as reinforcements arrived to the border with English-Scotland. He looked over to the other monitor and listened to Charles give his words of wisdom. David turned to Robert, "So the little guy might have to stick up for the tiny guy today buddy. I suppose we'll have to see what congress decides." Robert nodded and put on his hat, "I'm going to go take a walk David, sit tight."

[b]Classified[/b]

Fifteen more fighters were launched and the National Guard was put in Emergency Alert. The First Airborn landed on the islands and began building a few small command centers on vacant land. The Coast Guard continued to patrol the waters while the Marines knocked from door to door, giving water to some of the older residents who didn't bother to make it all the way to town to get supplies.

Along the border lines of men dug in and a border fence began to be erected quickly. Snipers were set up in various locations but the demonstrators were allowed to stay, bravely standing in front of the National Guardsmen so that any enemies would have to shoot through them first.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[b]Glasgow[/b]

"You have 12 hours to begin the withdraw from all occupied lands or we will declare war and remove you by force of arms. That's your only choice."

- Cromwell

[b]Scottish Mainland[/b]

The insurgents took note of the traitors. They mark them for justice at a later date. With this in mind they continue their attacks on Island forces. They move carefully and quietly and use the crowds of traitors when they can to shield their movements. The lack of response from the Islander forces seems to spur on the insurgents, they grow bolder.

Several cells pop up to begin the construction of car bombs. The rough organization of a resistance is laid into place to protect each others identity and to ensure that they were not put on each some other person's hit list for being a traitor to Britain.

Special sanction for eliminating a traitor to the British nation is the order of the day. As the resistance committee forms up they make it known that they alone control who gets hit and when. Until then orders are passed to continue harassing the Islander occupiers and to prepare to pave the way for the Army who will be attacking soon.

[b]Islands[/b]

The 61 year old man who commented on the television is watched. A hit team is formed and preparing to eliminate him. Why not? He's scum to his own nation, he deserves no less. His own public word on the telly condemn him to death. Weapons are easily enough procured, a knife here, a club there, and they wait as they watch.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1316328515' post='2802901']
[b]Glasgow[/b]

"You have 12 hours to begin the withdraw from all occupied lands or we will declare war and remove you by force of arms. That's your only choice."

- Cromwell
[/quote]

[b]Public Message From The Desk of Foreign Affairs[/b]

"You are a new leader in a new nation that will hopefully last longer then three days. I would like to give a word of advice that someone who lived nearly a thousand years ago said, 'Diplomacy before war'. As you know, a Republic is run indirectly by the people. The people elect representatives which reside in local districts and come to the capitol for certain parts of the year to make decisions. It will take time to bring members together or even have them on video to work together, discuss, make a plan, and vote.

You are the leader of a grass-roots movement yourself. A group of Celtic-Scots seem to be doing the same thing. I would recommend that maybe you hear what they have to say instead of demanding that you must own them and their property.

From the advice of someone who has been in a older nation, you need to be patient and try to work things out diplomatically. The people of the British Isles are who we care about the most.
You have just become a new free nation and so now you are in your most influential state. I know that my nation, or even the Irish and Scottish people of my nation, have not always gotten along with the you, the English, however I think that England has been a fair nation for most of history when it comes down to the big things. I ask that you take some responsibility and call off this deadline. We are just trying to help to Scottish people who seem either want an independent state, stay under our protection, or remain a protectorate until they can make up their minds after careful consideration. It makes since that in our current world of technology we wont answers and solutions within ours or even minutes but sometimes we need to be a little more patient. You should tell your forces to calm down and not attack for the sake of islands that just want to be heard and we will make sure our forces do not harm you either.
I hope that you and your new English government can prove the older ones wrong and show that the English still can be reasonable and still do believe in diplomacy and have an ideal for freedom and security.

The congress should have their decision in a while, but it will not be in the tiny time period of 12 hours. I hope that you can work for tranquility, no destruction."

Susan O'Neil
[b]Chief Diplomat of The United States of The Islands[/b]

[b]Classified[/b]

The United States was moved to DEFCON 3 in case the English would attack. The National Guard tried to convince the protesters to leave the front lines because the English were being aggressive however them, and the USI news crews who were broadcasting to the world, bravely stayed on the borders and in some of the most danger-close areas if conflict would start.

The Marines began deploying to very rural areas of the Islands and the very few tiny bits of land on the Scottish mainland that the National Guard was on. They just took their places and helped dig into the landscape, getting ready for the worst. Air Raid sirens began blaring in United States Air Force facilities as 50 jets zoomed into the air. More were ready in case they were needed. A few extra were went to help the other two F-22s patrol the Scottish Isles Territory but most stayed over the Island or Western Isles.

[b]Private[/b]

Messages were sent to the governments which were involved in the English fiasco, such as Germany and Athens, and they were asked to help try to convince the English government to be more peaceful and rational.

Edited by PresidentDavid

[b]Emergency Message From The United States Congress To England[/b]

We are curious to know if you would like to take the bit of Scottish mainland that we have and we will stay under control of the islands as a trade off. Do you think that could work? This would be much better then us starting a war for sure.

[b]Representatives and Senators of
The United States of The Islands[/b]

Edited by PresidentDavid

[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1316331089' post='2802914']
[b]Emergency Message From The United States Congress To England[/b]

We are curious to know if you would like to take the bit of Scottish mainland that we have and we will stay under control of the islands as a trade off. Do you think that could work? This would be much better then us starting a war for sure.

[b]Representatives and Senators of
The United States of The Islands[/b]
[/quote]

Public:

You babble too much.

Get off our land, all of it, or face us on the field of battle.

-Cromwell

[b]Glasgow[/b]

The British Home Army, formerly the Scottish Territorials and a good heaping of active duty servicemen from the south of England, stands ready to move. General Kitchener with his 200,000 men, 1000 Challenger Tanks, 1000 Warrior APCs, 300 Paladin SPAs, 300 MLRS, and an assortment of ADA platforms are put on the move towards the Scottish coast. A reserve force of 40,000 is left in place around Glasgow to provide logistics and rear-area security.

Above the British Home Army is the Royal Air Force consisting of a full wing of F-117 Nighthawks from the Royal Air Force Reserve, another two wings of F-18 Fighter Bombers, and a remaining wing of F-22 Fighters. With them are the remaining helicopter gunships which plagued the Germans so in the recent fighting in one solid Phalanx. One hundred and twenty of Apache Gunships are put on the move towards forward operating bases.

Operation Granby is a simple plan. It calls for reducing each Islander incursion working from the south to the north one after another. Defeat in detail given so many of them are not properly connected to each other. To prevent a link up the men of Colonel Henry Pim's Battle Force Islander have specific orders to remain on the look out for a breakout attempt and to attempt to stop such an attempt hard in its tracks.

[b]Mainland Scotland[/b]

The insurgents have their eyes glued to the telly. They are ready, they've prepared their petrol bombs, loaded their shotguns, and prepared whatever weapons the have at their disposal. Once the signal is given they'll do their bit to rip apart the Islander's ability to communicate, command, and control any defense against the British Army. All the while photos are being taken of traitors to Britain for later elimination.

[b]Islander Occupied British Islands[/b]

Several large riots break out as young men and women swarm towards Islander held positions with clubs, knives, petrol bombs, and whatever firearms they can lay their hands on. Within minutes the Islander occupied islands erupt in total chaos, chaos that is inspired by resistance cells that are hardening up and going to ground. Resistance Cells 1 through 14 consist of a few men and women each and are armed with what they can lay their hands on.

Mostly they keep their eyes open and funnel information to the British Armed Forces via whatever means they have at their hands. Pictures begin to swarm the international media showing blood soaked young men and women who appear to have been battered by the Islander occupiers.

OOC: Will deal with the rest of this after-work tomorrow, about 18 hours from now.

[center][size="6"][b]Cajun Federation Official Statement[/b][/size]

[IMG]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/VictorDeltaRomeo/200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina_1992-1998svg.png[/IMG][/center]

"While admittedly, the Cajun Federation has no real stake in European affairs, we do abhor the sight of nationalist tensions spilling over into bloodshed and obscene violence. We ask the United States of the Islands and the new interim government, heir apparent to the British Isles, to end the bloodshed and end this spate of violence in a peaceful manner. The British Isles have known only bloodshed these past few months, families have lost sons and daughters, children have lost fathers and sons, friends have lost those they have once embraced. Is it so much to ask, to end tensions with a handshake, or at least a signature on a piece of paper, rather then bullets flying, and fists bloodied?

The Cajun Federation pledges to dispatch a humanitarian convoy of foodstuffs, daily-needed items, and medical aid, at the conclusion of this bloodshed. On that note, we are also willing to dispatch a peacekeeping force to the British Isles, that would be sustained by supplies from the Cajun Federation, and have no foreign or political motivations, other then helping ensure common law and order. The Cajun Armed Forces can dispatch these forces so long as their presence is needed, and until the interim British government can ensure the safety of their soldiers, and the diplomatic row with the United States of the Island is settled."

[IMG]http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/VictorDeltaRomeo/michellesigec.png[/IMG]
[i]Lady Protector of the Cajun Federation[/i]

We find it interesting how the United States of the Islands constantly try to weasel their way into the land of sovereign nations, under the guise of liberation. We find this to be very disheartening, which is why we, hereby, announce our support for the interim government of Great Britain.

[b]The Scotish, English Controlled Scotland Border[/b]

Men, women, teenagers, young lovers, and children all alike held hands and stood around the front lines of the lines of the Marines and National Guard. A barbed wire fence guarded the border 20 yards ahead but that wouldn't keep the insurgents back for long. Brave National Guardsmen stood guard with large cans of pepper spray and flooded the fases of incoming insergents with the military grade pepper spray. The Marines, more National Guardsmen and the Marines stood behind and beside the protestors who were holding each other's hands tightly. Some of them were as young as 13 while the oldest were nearly 75. Jefferson griped the hand of his grandson who was trying to comfort his old grandfather. Mothers stood with daughters, aunts with nephews, God-Parents with God-Children. Many of them were shaking and many of them were crying together. This was their last chance at freedom and if the insergents wanted to harm the soldiers that were there to the end to protect them then they would have to kill every last villager standing right infront of the soldiers. A tear rolled down Cullen's cheek as a young burnette girl held on tightly to a young lad's hand, "I love you" she whispered. The handsome young reporter was forced to leave by the older cameramen there. The two older gentlemen told their superior that he had a long life ahead of him. The two older gentelmen would stand by their Celtic brothers to the end.

[b]The Orange House[/b]

David sat at his desk in the Round Room while he stared down the camera infront of him, his eyes.. Had a look that couldn't be described, they were the farthest thing from angry but they looked determined with a tad bit of mercy, "Good evening my fellow citizens of the World. I come to you tonight in your living rooms with very pressing news. A few days ago members of the United States military landed on a few islands off of the Western coast of Scotland. Those islands and few small bits of mainland are housed to spacely populated villages with families who have lived their for hundreds of years. Upon the arrival of the United States forces the civilians were given food and water and other basic materials. As we speek hundreds of civilians line the border with English-Controlled Scotland. I have gotten reports from our intelligence agencies that small coups of young people are being used as pawns to try to harm our forces. I was faced with a difficult situation on how to handle these insergents until I was given photographs of whole families standing around USI command centers and next to our Marines. These are some of the bravest individuals I have ever seen and I will not allow them or their relatives to be harmed. Chief O'Neil attempted various times to ask the English to wait for a statement from congress however they seem to be hungry for war. Mr. Cornwell, I ask you from the bottom of my heart to spare these innocent civilians not baring frying pans and clubs but only flags and eachother's hands. Please do not harm these villagers and I invite you here to Douglas for us to resolve this situation peacefully. Call back your forces and Ours will not advance but I tell you this - try to harm any of those civilians or invade their homeland and I myself will put on a helmet and stand next to them myself. I am sure any European nation will be willing to let you and I go to their Capitol and talk. I ask you one final time sir, don't not make this an unneed war that results in more slaughter and bloodshed, let us be civilized and talk... Thank you all for inviting me into your living rooms tonight, I ask that you pray for all of the Celtic people so that we can resolve this and keep our integrity."

Classified

The USI was put on DEFCON 2. All of the air force was in the air and ready for action. Stealth Bombers were ready for their orders. Thousands of Marines began being sent to the islands which weren't having that many problems since the tiny cells of insergents were met with hundreds of villagers peacefully standing guard.

The same "sound-weapons" that were ready to be used in Ireland were also being used from the checkpoints to try to help the National Guard keep the insurgents back. The Chinook helicopters and Coast Guard started bring in the USI Heavy Devision which were loads of tanks and crews. They didn't travel next to eachother and the extremely short flight/ship travel would prove to be helpful as tanks and crews began equipping themselves for the worst case sernario.

The sound weapons were efficient since they could bring the strongest of men to their knees with the flick of a switch.

The car bombs weren't a problem. Since these extremely rural areas still used horses as the main means of transportation every car was simply taken as a threat since the locals were still using horses and wagon type vehicles to carry around grain for transportation.

"War only happens when the greatest of men decide to do nothing"

OOC: Sorry if there are mistake, I had to write this post with my iPhone

Edited by PresidentDavid

[b]Scotish, English Contrilled Scotish Border[/b]

"Yes Jeff, Arnold and I are here live with the Scotish people as they stand next to our soldiers. As you know we sent Ron back because I think.. We can handle it ourselves." The crowd covering the borderlines was Noe much much larger. People were walking from villages all over. Hudreds of flags fluttered in the Scotish winds as fearless and fearful villagers held hands, willing to die for what they believed I'm, "This is just something I have never seen before Jeff. I am so thankful our soldiers are still here as of now because I honestly think some if the people here are as brave as the Marines they are standing infront of and side by side with. Just a minute ago I saw some teenagers huddling I'm their own line infront of the border gate itself! Jeff I tell you what if these people can't be allowed to govern themselves then there is no hope left in the world. I found a group of wen sewing a Scotish flag with thread and needle and they did it in under 7 hours. Jeff.. This is what true bravery looks like."

[b]Scotish Isles Territory[/b]

Fifty-five men from across the Scotish protectorate spoke publicly for the first time, having started something similar to the Continental Congress of the USA back in much older days.

"My name is Drew MacNeil and I am the current president of the Scotish Isles Council. We are here to try to organize an official local government for our region. We ask our English brothers to hear our voice because we need to be heard. Please, negotiate with the USI or whomever you have to, please don't hurt our families." after speeking the 55 men signed the charter for the council, many of them scared that they were problably on the English death list but they either wanted Liberty, or they wanted their own Deaths.

OOC: Again sorry if there are mistakes I'm on my phone driving. Driving from Louisiana to north Texas is always fun.... If any of y'all need to see the map of where this is taking place go look in the PitBull's back yard thread. Thanks!

Edited by PresidentDavid

The Kingdom of Kurland officially recognizes the British government's claims to Scotland and Wales, and supports their claim to the Scottish islands.

[From the other thread]
[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1316373250' post='2803103']
Your Majesty,

The Scotish Isles are currently under the protection of the USI. They are listed as a temporary territory which simply means that they are a protectorate until they decide if they want to rejoin England, become independent, join the USI, or other various options. In now way have they been annexed but they are u deer protection. These Scots are direct relatives to many of the families in the Western Isles so when England was in termoil we stood advanced to these rural communities. Instead of being politely asked to leave the barrel of a gun was pointed down at us. As hundreds of villagers began rising up to have their voice heard we could not simply leave them in their hour of need. Now a Scotish Isles Council was recently formed which comprises of Scots from the territory. We have asked England time and time again for more time for the Scotish and for our government to make decisions but they are pushing for war. We have not harmed any Englishman who has not posed a threat. We are on the Defensive and as long as the English don't advance forward no blood will be shed because Sir Cornwell and I need to act like people and sit down and talk about these things before a full pledged war starts. I do not wa t war but I will not surrender over the little guys to be pushed around and punished for daring to stand up for what they believe I'm. I thank you for your concern your Majesty and I thank you for paying attention to our little political side of the world. The people of the USI ask for your prayers for the people of the British Isles. Thank you good Sir.

David Anthony O'Reilly
The President of The United States

OOC: And just to let you know partner there is another thread called securing Great Britain that seems to be the currently active thread. Thanks!
[/quote]

"If you truly wish to avoid war, you will recognize Cromwell's British government as the rightful successor to England, and therefore the Scottish Isles, rather than digging in your heels and allowing a petty conflict to tear the lives of the Scottish people asunder. You will bring no good to the people with such a mulish attitude. Considering that the new British state is primarily Scottish, they have just as much, if not more, claim to the Isles, and I highly doubt that the British will punish citizens who did not fight against them. By encouraging those citizens to fight, you would be to blame for whatever happened to them during and after the conflict. Enough blood has been shed in Britannia without you trying to expand at the expense of a new state. Don't let your pride obstruct your view of the world."

-King Alaric

OOC: Just for the record, I'm not recognizing anyone's RPing of the citizens of the area until the dispute is resolved.

Edited by Rauchen