Alliances ranked by Activity

Aeros

[quote name='Iceknave' timestamp='1316237810' post='2802064']
Pretty much yeah.

I collected like 2 days ago, so not much point in collecting again just before the resource update.
[/quote]

In-game activity hasn't been measured by collections in months. Admin changed it back in January so that its measured by those who have logged in within the past 3 days instead.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1316239238' post='2802086']
So you are going to claim that your comment, directed solely at me, was not meant to be snide in any way, shape, or form? You were not attempting to make it seem like I was somehow foolish for taking pride in my alliance? It was either that or you thought I was stupid and did not realize that smaller alliances tend to have higher activity....

So, no I am not paranoid. I just know you have some sort of fetish when it comes to me.
[/quote]

Sounds like wishful thinking if you ask me B-)

leave jacapo alone

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1316236763' post='2802048']
In-game "Activity" is pretty much the most meaningless statistic available to us.
[/quote]

I would disagree, since it is based on log in activity. Right now its very relevant due to the impending trade overhaul. Everyone should be busy checking to make sure their nations are prepared for the switch. So it makes a good stress test of an Alliances organizational structure and activity. Alliances that are below 80% activity at this time should be a bit concerned. Especially since in my view Activity can also translate into staying power during a war.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1316236763' post='2802048']
In-game "Activity" is pretty much the most meaningless statistic available to us.
[/quote]

I was wondering about this. Isn't activity based on having recently collected taxes? If so, doesn't that mean the higher the percentage, the less people an alliance has back collecting?

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1316233399' post='2801969']
This is actually the perfect time to check alliance activity and organization for all you stat junkies out there, since the trade system is about to be overhauled and everyone should be doing their back collection before things get screwy.
[/quote]

Isn't a high activity level in response to the trade change more accurately a sign of either 1) a lack of confidence in the alliance's ability to organize and secure trades quickly, or 2) a reflection of a strong centralized mandate to collect now or else (unwisely synchronizing 90% of the alliance's collection cycles)?

I don't see why an over-reaction and tactical mistake in response to a change that makes things easier for the well organized should be seen as a badge of honor...

I'm sure the wiser and better will let me know the errors in my reasoning, though.

Edit: I know the activity level isn't based on collection, I'm speaking about the reasoning of the OP and following replies, not the use of the activity statistic to support it.

Edited by Don Chele

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1316272073' post='2802250']
I was wondering about this. Isn't activity based on having recently collected taxes? If so, doesn't that mean the higher the percentage, the less people an alliance has back collecting?
[/quote]
It got changed a while back to show who has signed in recently rather than who has collected taxes.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1316233399' post='2801969']
...since the trade system is about to be overhauled and everyone should be doing their back collection before things get screwy...[/quote]

That's actually an incorrect assumption. You're implying that most TC members will collect before the big change-up this weekend to avoid any issues. But, you're failing to take into account:

1) Most AA's will likely be switching to internal TCs 1st, then supplement leftovers with Allies.
2) Most people will likely hold off collections and continue back-collecting in correlation with #1 above.
3) In correlation to #2 above, many people will pay Bills to continue day-to-day inter-collection stuff incase they can't get their new internal TCs up and running fast enough.

The list isn't exactly an accurate reflection IMO of AA activity. It's good, but due to the above things I mentioned (and possibly more that I forgot), it's lacking.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1316272073' post='2802250']
[/quote]
Activity is still based on this, but [i]alliance[/i] activity isn't.

I thought that people knew that the game activity doesn't represent what alliances are active and what alliance aren't, even now with the trade system change. I for example, deleted all my old trdes, changed team sphere, got the new trade circle and I'm still 16 Days Inactive.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1316301599' post='2802639']
I thought that people knew that the game activity doesn't represent what alliances are active and what alliance aren't, even now with the trade system change. I for example, deleted all my old trdes, changed team sphere, got the new trade circle and I'm still 16 Days Inactive.
[/quote]
This only shows your nation activity. The alliance statistic is based on who's logged in during the past three days. Two different statistics that unfortunately have the same name.

[quote name='Fort Pitt' timestamp='1316306909' post='2802694']
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't activity gauged by when you collect? So theoretically it's irrelevant if you have a large number of large nations who do the full 20 day cycles.
[/quote]

[quote name='ShadowDragon' timestamp='1316243972' post='2802129']
In-game activity hasn't been measured by collections in months. Admin changed it back in January so that its measured by those who have logged in within the past 3 days instead.
[/quote]

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1316265691' post='2802200']
I would disagree, since it is based on log in activity. Right now its very relevant due to the impending trade overhaul. Everyone should be busy checking to make sure their nations are prepared for the switch. So it makes a good stress test of an Alliances organizational structure and activity. Alliances that are below 80% activity at this time should be a bit concerned. Especially since in my view Activity can also translate into staying power during a war.
[/quote]

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1316279507' post='2802337']
It got changed a while back to show who has signed in recently rather than who has collected taxes.
[/quote]

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1316284125' post='2802410']
Activity is still based on this, but [i]alliance[/i] activity isn't.
[/quote]

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1316306123' post='2802688']
This only shows your nation activity. The alliance statistic is based on who's logged in during the past three days. Two different statistics that unfortunately have the same name.
[/quote]

Also, no surprise that we're number 1. We're always number 1 :smug:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316320873' post='2802836']
I was surprised to see Umbrella at the top, until I realized admin changed it so back collecting taxes no longer makes you show up as inactive.
[/quote]

yeah i liked it much better when it looked like we were never around

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316320873' post='2802836']
I was surprised to see Umbrella at the top, until I realized admin changed it so back collecting taxes no longer makes you show up as inactive.
[/quote]

We've instated a new policy of collecting daily

fear us