Possible IP Conflict?

Mayzie

I know, as per [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=34196]this thread[/url], it says you will not run IP checks to see if people meet the ToS.

My question isn't so much whether we meet the ToS, as we've all been playing for almost four years each, but I've some vague memory of a trade being cancelled on TE or something years ago. Now, when we had a trade cancelled, if I remember correctly me and that friend were on the same phone network and had the same phone, so possibly connected once through the same mobile phone network or however it works.

With this recent trade change coming to the game, I'm sorting a circle, which I would like to include two of my rl friends who I convinced to join a few years ago. We no longer live so close and all have different phones, on different networks, so I don't believe this will happen again. Is there a way to check whether that trade will get cancelled or whether there's still a flag over me trading with that person?

[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=154729]Mayzie[/url]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=267251]Gregz[/url]
[url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=167042]Gretts[/url]

I don't want to get them cancelling trades and arrange this circle, then it collapse because we all get cancelled on, or worse, deleted.

If you've been on the same network even once the flag stays. Using the same phone network doesn't guarantee a flag, but the pool of IP's handed out is probably smaller than that of an ISP's, making getting the same one more likely. If you have reason to believe that you've been flagged at any point, don't risk trading as a second offense may be met with deletion instead of just a canceled trade.

I'm replying to this thread because my question is an extension of this.

If I login to CN from multiple locations how are those locations logged?
If I login from work, where we are all on one domain, and someone I don't know finds out about CN and creates a nation, is my nation at risk of being deleted?
I've logged in from my parents house in Austin (I live in Dallas), if a family member wants to join CN as well, will I be unable to trade/aid them even though I'm hundreds of miles away and only login at to my nation there on the holidays?

I know the reasoning behind the one per domain, but how are situations like this handled?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1316208931' post='2801767']
If you've been on the same network even once the flag stays. Using the same phone network doesn't guarantee a flag, but the pool of IP's handed out is probably smaller than that of an ISP's, making getting the same one more likely. If you have reason to believe that you've been flagged at any point, don't risk trading as a second offense may be met with deletion instead of just a canceled trade.
[/quote]
Is it really reasonable for us to be expected to know every single place we've ever logged into for 4+ years? I know I don't and I have the same concerns as the OP- I think I might have once been on the same network as my friend who is out of state at college and I really don't remember if that actually happened. Yet I'd like to be able to trade with him for reasons of convenience and security to my alliance.

It would be really helpful if we could see some kind of indicator BEFOREHAND that says "Do not trade or aid with this nation", which shouldn't be difficult if all of the ips are actually logged.

[quote name='Magicman657' timestamp='1316274517' post='2802278']
Is it really reasonable for us to be expected to know every single place we've ever logged into for 4+ years? I know I don't and I have the same concerns as the OP- I think I might have once been on the same network as my friend who is out of state at college and I really don't remember if that actually happened. Yet I'd like to be able to trade with him for reasons of convenience and security to my alliance.

It would be really helpful if we could see some kind of indicator BEFOREHAND that says "Do not trade or aid with this nation", which shouldn't be difficult if all of the ips are actually logged.
[/quote]
It's supposed to block that, I know it did for me when I accidentally logged logged on a friend's house and tried sending him aid, but that was a "if you're really worried about your nation, don't do it" tip.

If you have ever logged into your nation as the same place as someone else, do not trade, aid or war with them [b]period[/b]. Detection methods will remain private and will not be revealed. Question answered, closing thread.