A TPC DoW

King James XVIII

[quote name='Bionic redhead' timestamp='1316477551' post='2804110']
[img]http://i56.tinypic.com/hsuakj.png[/img]

Kill 3x more enemy troops, lose battle. :(( Battle system :((
[/quote]

I agree, it's a weird result when you did kill more troops and soldiers. Perhaps it has something to do with the relative losses as a percentage of total military?

Still, you did get some land and tech and destroy infra despite leaving some cash behind. I'm not sure that qualifies as a defeat despite what the message says.

Props to you BR!

[quote name='bibliophile' timestamp='1316499753' post='2804372']
I agree, it's a weird result when you did kill more troops and soldiers. Perhaps it has something to do with the relative losses as a percentage of total military?

Still, you did get some land and tech and destroy infra despite leaving some cash behind. I'm not sure that qualifies as a defeat despite what the message says.

Props to you BR!
[/quote]

I guess the quantifying factor for a defeat/loss is who gets looted(cash).

That being said, what were your battle odds?

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1316526413' post='2804487']
It's a half attack, you drop cash but do half damage. Just ignore the Battle Outcome and be happy you did some damage at ridiculously low odds.
[/quote]
What he said

Update--we've all agreed to peace. Those that want peace now can peace but won't be allowed to attack again. Those that want to keep it going to update can, but there will be no new attacks after update.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1316568484' post='2804953']
:(
[/quote]
Let's be honest here. In recent rounds, TPC has had some of the worst DoW's for a quality AA. Yes, you may have decent end of the round wars, but everything before that when you DoW is pretty terrible.

"Fluff" in bold..

TPC vs [b]FARK/[/b]Catharsis/[b]RD[/b]: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103940

TPC vs GR/[b]DF[/b]: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102119

TPC and The Citadel vs OP: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101352
(A down declare while OP was dealing with rogues..)

If you guys aren't the biggest opportunists/infra huggers for war, I don't know who is.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1316526413' post='2804487']
It's a half attack, you drop cash but do half damage. Just ignore the Battle Outcome and be happy you did some damage at ridiculously low odds.
[/quote]

Bucko, you should understand this better than most. As an Englishman I'm contractually obliged to be grumpy at everything.

Interesting "War"....

[b]TPC[/b]
Pre War
35 Total Nations
169,979 Total Strength
4,857 ANS
1 Nuke

Post war
36 Total Nations
190,414 Total Strength
[b]5,289 ANS
47 Nukes[/b]

[b]Black/tW/DF[/b]
Pre War
67 Nations
243,774 Total Strength
3,638 ANS
8 Nukes (2 Nations)

Post War
66 Nations
153,720 Total Strength
2,329 ANS
1 Nukes

At the start of the war, TPC had 3 nations over 7k NS. Now they have 14. And 12 nations in the top 5%.

TPC gained 20,400 NS and Black/tW/DF lost 90,054.

11 of TPC's top 15 nations have less than 3,000 defending casualites. 4 of them have zero.

Nice Nuke built too, TPC.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316619129' post='2805306']
Interesting "War"....

[b]TPC[/b]
Pre War
35 Total Nations
169,979 Total Strength
4,857 ANS
1 Nuke

Post war
36 Total Nations
190,414 Total Strength
[b]5,289 ANS
47 Nukes[/b]

[b]Black/tW/DF[/b]
Pre War
67 Nations
243,774 Total Strength
3,638 ANS
8 Nukes (2 Nations)

Post War
66 Nations
153,720 Total Strength
2,329 ANS
1 Nukes

At the start of the war, TPC had 3 nations over 7k NS. Now they have 14. And 12 nations in the top 5%.

11 of TPC's top 15 nations have less than 3,000 defending casualites. 4 of them have zero.

[/quote]

So it looks like by your standers Thomas that this could possible be an Up-declare on TPC part.

Since since TPC only gained 20K from this war, and the war you fought in your side gained around 60K...

Interesting "War"....

[b]TPC[/b]
Pre War
35 Total Nations
169,979 Total Strength
4,857 ANS
1 Nuke

Post war
36 Total Nations
190,414 Total Strength
[b]5,289 ANS
47 Nukes[/b]

[b]Black/tW/DF[/b]
Pre War
67 Nations
243,774 Total Strength
3,638 ANS
8 Nukes (2 Nations)

Post War
66 Nations
153,720 Total Strength
2,329 ANS
1 Nukes

[/quote]

Yep, here is saying ANS doesn't win wars right?

[quote name='KillerCruiser' timestamp='1316622340' post='2805336']
So it looks like by your standers Thomas that this could possible be an Up-declare on TPC part.

Since since TPC only gained 20K from this war, [b]and the war you fought in your side gained around 60K[/b]...
[/quote]

I have no idea where you came up with the notion that OP gained 60k NS during our war. We are 5 days out of war and a number of us just came out of nuke anarchy recently and with rebuilding, we just now about 60k higher than at the start of the war.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

Everyone has their own opinions, but IMO, ANS and nukes reign supreme as far as stats go. It generally lays out like that as far as I can tell. Didn't realize how egregious the ANS difference was. To TPC's credit it looks like they didn't launch many nukes if any. To their discredit, a "top" alliance by most's standards engaging in a non-nuclear war isn't looked upon well.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316625350' post='2805352']
I have no idea where you came up with the notion that OP gained 60k NS during our war. We are 5 days out of war and a number of us just came out of nuke anarchy recently and with rebuilding, we just now about 60k higher than at the start of the war.
[/quote]

if you noticed I said your side... I didn't say just OP. If you add up both OP and LE together they gained 60K.

Before I crawl back into my hole, squeeze my precious infra, and prepare to choose targets for our next war the way I usually do--by setting up a dartboard of the smallest alliances out there and picking them blindfolded, then hitting them soon after someone has softened them up...

Interesting "War"....

[/quote]

I figure the build and increase in nuke count increased our ANS.

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1316622838' post='2805338']
Yep, here is saying ANS doesn't win wars right?
[/quote]

Indeed it does and so do [b]warchests[/b].

[quote name='Cellardoor' timestamp='1316625749' post='2805355']
Everyone has their own opinions, but IMO, ANS and nukes reign supreme as far as stats go. It generally lays out like that as far as I can tell. Didn't realize how egregious the ANS difference was. To TPC's credit it looks like they didn't launch many nukes if any. To their discredit, a "top" alliance by most's standards engaging in a non-nuclear war isn't looked upon well.
[/quote]

Very true, ANS and nukes are probably the two statistics that can stand alone when judging the quality of a war. Everyone (should) know however that there must be a number of other things taken into account when making a call.

We had 1 nuke at the start of this war. When we jumped we had the ability to buy more and we did. They didn't and we weren't going to use unnecessary force, especially once we saw what conditions were when boots were on the ground.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1316672252' post='2805787']
We had 1 nuke at the start of this war. When we jumped we had the ability to buy more and we did. They didn't and we weren't going to use unnecessary force, especially once we saw what conditions were when boots were on the ground.
[/quote]

The statistics that you posted at the beginning were not actually up to date - it was hours before update, prior to when you guys built up for war (which includes nuke buying). I don't have the exact numbers, but TPC had a fair amount more nukes than her opponents, especially after a lot of her adversaries were hit hard and fell below the 5% mark.

Not trying to start anything, just giving my analysis :)

Edited by NeoGandalf

[quote name='NeoGandalf' timestamp='1316735673' post='2806292']
The statistics that you posted at the beginning were not actually up to date - it was hours before update, prior to when you guys built up for war (which includes nuke buying). I don't have the exact numbers, but TPC had a fair amount more nukes than her opponents, especially after a lot of her adversaries were hit hard and fell below the 5% mark.

Not trying to start anything, just giving my analysis :)
[/quote]

I wish we could get real time stats, that would be a nice change to the game.

They were as up to date as I could get them and yes those reflect our strength before the war. We ended up accumulating nukes during the war of course and since they did not have the capability to buy/use we didn't use what we had.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1316741211' post='2806374']
Given this....

It certainly an "interesting war".
[/quote]

"Interesting" indeed.

Anyway, I wish all of my [i]intended[/i] and real opponents the best of luck moving forward. :P