A couple of announcements from United Equestria

HeroofTime55

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1316161367' post='2801464']
A fantastic alliance. I hope you achieve new heights. Our offer to do tech deals to further your growth still stands.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1316206227' post='2801752']
Yeah, you tell 'em. You should sell us tech just to rub it in.
[/quote]
Some will do anything to import tech. Thankfully Umbrella doesn't care as much about tech.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1316249259' post='2802148']
Some will do anything to import tech. Thankfully Umbrella doesn't care as much about tech.
[/quote]
[quote]Umbrella[/quote]
[quote]doesn't care as much about tech.[/quote]

You may only pick one. :P

I will admit, this Alliance has grown on me. Why? Because they bring new people in here. And I will not lie. I'd love to see how they do in the hellfire of a nuclear war. Will that childlike innocence last as all of Equestria is incinerated by the uncaring legions of Bob's world powers? :mellow:

[quote name='Krunk the Great' timestamp='1316188424' post='2801588']
Ok ok ok, the presence of Bacon God in high gov balances out the fail contained in HoT.

I wonder how many of your members will stay once the new wears off the pony alliance? (As in getting bored....ahh in their current positions in life and deciding to "leave" this "mortal coil" and never be seen on Planet Bob again)
[/quote]

If their IRC channel is any indication I would say a good long while. It is consistently the most active public IRC channel I visit. One of the friendliest too.

Also, considering some of the other alliance *themes* out there - I cannot imagine what is so terribly upsetting about ponies.

Congrats UE on the growth!

[quote name='Xantha' timestamp='1316279506' post='2802336']
If their IRC channel is any indication I would say a good long while. It is consistently the most active public IRC channel I visit. One of the friendliest too.

Also, considering some of the other alliance *themes* out there - I cannot imagine what is so terribly upsetting about ponies.

Congrats UE on the growth!
[/quote]
I agree with Xantha 100%!!!
For Xantha... )zps6

I love the Ponies! They have been nothing but kind to me when I visit their irc channel or their forums.
In my best Fluttershy impersonation "woohoo" for United Equestria

Edited by Wenulu

Going to have to say I am torn which is worse, HoT in charge or the theme.

BUT I do have to give them credit for building a community and making their own way in this world despite their opposition. 85 Nations is an impressive number for a start up alliance based on ponies.

Also Ardus... I was just starting to respect you...

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1316364766' post='2803022']
We know what they actually deserve, the question is when the blade will fall.
[/quote]

This man sees clearly. How much longer do we have to wait before we can cut the undoubtedly delicious birthday cake of United Equestria? Since that appears to be [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105264]the[/url] [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105032]only[/url] [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104991]thing[/url] that such blades are used for anymore. :v:

[quote name='Lord Cyvole' timestamp='1316380227' post='2803203']
This man sees clearly. How much longer do we have to wait before we can cut the undoubtedly delicious birthday cake of United Equestria? Since that appears to be [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105264]the[/url] [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=105032]only[/url] [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104991]thing[/url] that such blades are used for anymore. :v:
[/quote]

I have been actively trying to put together a group of alliances to send the ponies packing straight to hell.

I do hope this admission -- which I am prepared to prove, btw -- is sufficient [i]casus belli[/i] to finally make it happen. (Know in advance that I intend to keep talking about it until it happens, so it might be in the best interests of the League of Prancing Equine Man-Children to pre-empt me.)

*crosses fingers*

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1316386232' post='2803285']
I have been actively trying to put together a group of alliances to send the ponies packing straight to hell.

I do hope this admission -- which I am prepared to prove, btw -- is sufficient [i]casus belli[/i] to finally make it happen. (Know in advance that I intend to keep talking about it until it happens, so it might be in the best interests of the League of Prancing Equine Man-Children to pre-empt me.)

*crosses fingers*
[/quote]
We're not really afraid of the senile former leader of yesteryear standing on his platform preaching that we must be cleansed from the world. In fact, we find it sort of adorable. ^_^

But seriously, if you ever want to, maybe, drop by our forums and IRC and just chat, maybe we can work out our differences. You might not be relevant in the world anymore, but we'd still love to be your friend ~♥

*crosses fingers*
[/quote]

Wow. I am pretty sure I just heard you say 'come at me bro :smug: ' and I am really having trouble remembering the last time I saw you that excited.

I have to give UE props, they certainly seem to have a way of stirring people up, if nothing else.

*crosses fingers*[/quote]

How about this then...

1. Horse may not seem like the most appetizing meat to cook, but it has been eaten all over the world for centuries. In fact, the original Sauerbraten was horse meat.
2. Horsemeat has been found to have up to 40 percent fewer calories and 50 percent more protein than the leanest beef.
3. Horsemeat has a delicate flavor similar to beef, though many describe its taste as slightly sweeter than other meats, horse meat can be used to replace beef, pork, mutton, and any other meat in virtually any recipe, though most aficionados prefer it in marinated or spicy dishes.
4. Young animals produce naturally tender, light-colored meat—almost like veal—with the meat becoming redder (from its high iron content) the older the horse gets. The meat from older horses can be tough, though, depending on how it’s processed, stored, and used, but not nearly as tough as beef. Horse meat is generally lean and tender, usually gently-marbled, and cooks done much faster than either beef or pork.

This recipe from backwoodshome.com looks particularly tasty, good thing there's some horse flesh to be had here on Planet Bob:

[quote][b]Pastissada[/b]

Another traditional Italian recipe from the Verona area.

2 pounds horse meat
2 ounces lard or porkback fat
2-3 carrots, cut into slivers
2 sticks celery, diced
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves
a dozen coriander seeds
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic
1 bottle Italian red wine
flour, enough to brown the meat with
1/4 cup olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. butter kneaded into enough flour to make a small ball
paprika to taste

Slather the meat with the lard and slivers of carrots. Dice the other vegetables and put them, with the meat and spices (except the paprika) in a bowl. Pour the wine over everything, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for three days, turning the meat occasionally.

Pat the meat dry with paper towel (keep the vegetables and the marinade), flour it, and brown it in the oil over a brisk flame. Add the vegetables. When they’ve cooked for a few minutes, pour the marinade over the meat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about three hours. Once the meat is done, remove it to a platter saving the sauce that has been formed with the marinade.

Return the sauce to the fire, thicken it with the butter-flour ball, and season it to taste with paprika. Pour the sauce over the meat, and serve with a good traditional side dish. [/quote]

• 2 weeks later...