We'll always have Paris.

Hime Themis

[font="Times New Roman"]Gentle Persons[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] Some of you may have noticed that I have been enjoying the company of a rogue nation this last week. I would like to take this opportunity tot thank the many offers of military and financial support that came in. They were very kind and while I shall not name you, you know who you are it shall not be forgotten. Despite me declining all the financial aid, I hope that those who offered understand how nice it was to have been offered. To those who wished to show Dulra military support and there were many I would like to thank them for being willing to place their own soldiers and assets at risk. A special thanks to our very eager friends in Apparatus who took to the field before we even knew it or asked for it. Thanks to Christian Trojans for peacing out to allow us to try for a stagger but the spot was refilled immediately by more Apparatus fighters, oh well, one thing we know for sure is they like to fight. [/font]J[font="Times New Roman"] I would like to thank the senators who responded so quickly to our request for sanctions sadly the sanction limit and inactive senators left Utowns with his full trades set including uranium should he wish to find a new target.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] It would appear that Utowns was also our mystery spy since he continued to spy until he finally on the second last day was successful. Now that is persistence, of course had he simply taken my offer earlier he could have saved a lot of time and effort. I should say for those who laud rogues and I have had my fair share miss the point that this is the Digiterran equivalent of a 9 year old kicking over the chess board when they are losing or bored. I was disappointed that Utowns did not even bother to respond to my polite e-mails, send me a taunt or two or put up some fun reasons for roguing. "Going out the right way" was the best he could come up with. Past rogues at least had fun with it.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] I will say that it would appear that this was personal as he peaced out with CT and the other “rogue” target booNtherlands the very first day. Full credit as a top 250 nation he packed a punch, damage stats to follow as I have had MANY requests for them and since the offer to Utowns to post if he wished was ignored I shall comply. I give him credit for one thing he watched very carefully and hit me on a day when one of my trade partners deleted due to being tech raided to death and I cancelled on another who was also being raided out of existence and had gone inactive. This brings up a point I would like to make. As one of the larger nations I have deliberately tried to trade with new nations who are just starting out, not the most efficient slot usage but since they are asking for help and advice it makes me feel good to know that at least someone is helping them out. I get many who complain that none of the top nations even reply to their trade requests or queries. This is very sad if we are trying to build Digiterra. Even sadder is that with this new change to the resource rules these new nations will be even more shut out than before. It will be foolish obviously to go with a less than optimal resource set when all ones contemporaries are at maximum efficiency. The change will greatly benefit existing nations and seriously hamper new nations as they will have an even tougher time breaking into a trade circle.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"] It is also fair to say that I will never stop tech raiding but just a small reminder to those who say it does not hurt anyone or more particularly new nations. Virtually every new nation I lose as a trade partner who has not moved into an alliance has, including these latest two been hounded out of the game by being raided to death. Yes they can join an alliance and after 30 days they should be able to learn enough about Digiterra to know that. I would ask that the raiding alliances, I know the none raiders do not care but maybe the organized raiding alliances would consider a moratorium on raids of nations less than 30 days old. I can read the stats as well as you all can 16,746 nations and falling.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Special mention, the SDI crews 27, out of 40 nuke launches thwarted. I believe this is spectacular record for the defenders.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Total Damage done[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Utowns[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Infra 4659[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Land 3471[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Tech 1256[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Including armed forces about 33k+ NS a very nice hit.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Hime Themis[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Infra 10763[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Land 365[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Tech 3993[/font]

[font="Times New Roman"]Lastly as I have been asked many times.[/font]

Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Hime Themis. Your fallout shelters have limited the damage caused by this attack. You lost 24157 soldiers, 1098 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 106.900 miles of land, 460.410 technology, 1,381.229 infrastructure, 50% of your aircraft, and 18% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience several days of economic devastation.

So this is what it is like when top 250 nations go toe to toe.

Thanks to all those who passed on their offers of aid or support.

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative post.

I know a lot of people are reading the stats. I wish more would read what you said about tech raiding as well.

At any rate, quality posting as I have come to expect from you. Best wishes to you and your people from myself and my own.

Good luck on the rebuild Hime Themis.... Utowns was actualy a member of the NPL up until he decided to quit CN and try and take out what he saw as an obvious target being the number one nation in the game. I cant say I blame him really cause disregarding who you are as a person and I have actually found you to be one of CN's finer characters, that there will always be an inherrant desire to take the tall poppy down a notch... and when its a suicide run what have you got to loose I guess.

Pixels are Temporary afterall, its who we are as personalites and individuals in here that is more important I've always felt... not how many stat's we collect. I can remember when a friend went rogue against Ivan Moldavi ages ago and someone explained to me that it made no difference to the guy cause his strength was his personality not his pixels and I think that spoke to me. Ever since I've had no fear to burn myself down to zip if the oportuety arose and its actually quite liberating and fun. Hell I'll probably never get that WRC at this rate but the fun times will always make up for it!

Hello, Dame, an informative post as always!

I do apologize for causing your coordinators and members a bit of grief, and I personally take full responsibility for exchanging efficiency for enthusiasm. :wub:

That aside, it's one thing, I suppose, to "go out the right way"... if it's really and truly "the right way". In my book, that doesn't include sending private messages that are in poor taste and contain questionable language. After all, nobody twisted this fellow's arm into going rogue. He could have slipped away quietly, and he wouldn't have had to take retaliatory attacks personally at all.

There was at least some potential for a good fight, if not for taking it to that level of poor sportsmanship. A shame, really, but in the end, with an attitude like that, it's not so much of a loss to our community as a whole.

That's some impressive damage you do with your nukes. I agree with you that some of these tech raiders should show some restraint when pounding away on new nations who are still figuring things out and have yet to find allies who will help them, so they end up letting their nation delete as its brought to ruins.

Edited by Methrage

I fully support tech raiding, although I can see your point, Dame Themis. The other side of the coin, however, is that those that appear on Bob to take part in such a thing will pack up and leave if there's no possible way to cause destruction. I'm not sure of the ratios of techraiding nations to techraid targets, but there's never going to be a balance between the two. Many nations get bored and leave without having been raided. Many unaligned nations get bored and attack other unaligned nations. How would removing the fun from the aligned nations be beneficial to our total population? At least those that are aligned have taken the proper steps to ensure their nation's protection, which means they have already involved themselves more than the typical "casual" nation ruler.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316171450' post='2801493']
The other side of the coin, however, is that those that appear on Bob to take part in such a thing will pack up and leave if there's no possible way to cause destruction.
[/quote]
They could always start real wars against opponents who will be able to fight back and maybe bring in some allies of their own if outnumbered, maybe these minds bent on causing destruction would put their energy towards making bigger and better wars if they weren't spending all their time hitting new nations who have yet to have the means to defend themselves or get any help. In NPO's height of power, they didn't tech raid and a lot of their allies didn't despite loving war, but they still fought wars. They fought alliances to satisfy their thirst for war, rather than go after new nations.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316171971' post='2801496']
They could always start real wars against opponents who will be able to fight back and maybe bring in some allies of their own if outnumbered, maybe these minds bent on causing destruction would put their energy towards making bigger and better wars if they weren't spending all their time hitting new nations who have yet to have the means to defend themselves or get any help. In NPO's height of power, they didn't tech raid and a lot of their allies didn't despite, but they still fought wars. They fought alliances to satisfy their thirst for war, rather than go after new nations.
[/quote]

We do both. That's what we do. You go rogue. That's what you do.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316172061' post='2801497']
We do both. That's what we do. You go rogue. That's what you do.
[/quote]
I've fought plenty of major wars as either a member of a large alliance or leader of one. Although between big wars I would rather fight an alliance on my own, then go after unaligned nations with no allies so they don't stand a chance.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1316172152' post='2801499']
I've fought plenty of major wars as either a member of a large alliance or leader of one. Although between big wars I would rather fight an alliance on my own, then go after unaligned nations with no allies so they don't stand a chance.
[/quote]

That's great. Moving on....

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1316194531' post='2801635']
...You got rogued on thanks for sharing like its some sort of unheard of event...
[/quote]

Ah yes, Hime Themis isn't worthy of a classy reply. Might as well reply with a snide remark that shows an incredible lack of respect for one of our most eloquent and even-keeled community members.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316194954' post='2801648']
Ah yes, Hime Themis isn't worthy of a classy reply. Might as well reply with a snide remark that shows an incredible lack of respect for one of our most eloquent and even-keeled community members.
[/quote]

Whats snide about stating the obvious and nearly every day occurance in the world?

Just because im not brown-nosing doesnt mean i show any disrespect, so stop making a mountian out of a mole hill nippy and grow some thicker skin.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1316195220' post='2801650']
Whats snide about stating the obvious and nearly every day occurance in the world?
[/quote]

The top nation on Bob got rogued upon. Not you, not me. This is news, if not just for the delicious nuke reports.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1316195220' post='2801650']
Just because im not brown-nosing doesnt mean i show any disrespect, so stop making a mountian out of a mole hill nippy and grow some thicker skin.
[/quote]

You weren't brown-nosing, you were acting like an ass and you DID show disrespect, quite an undue amount. If my skin weren't thick, I wouldn't be chastising you like the child you're appearing to be at the moment.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316195652' post='2801654']
The top nation on Bob got rogued upon. Not you, not me. This is news, if not just for the delicious nuke reports.

You weren't brown-nosing, you were acting like an ass and you DID show disrespect, quite an undue amount. If my skin weren't thick, I wouldn't be chastising you like the child you're appearing to be at the moment.
[/quote]

It doesnt matter if its the top nation or the bottom nation that got rogued on, it still happens daily which is old news. I know i wasnt brown-nosing so please read proper next time, so if saying "thanks" and abit of sarcasm at the end shows disrespect to you then its your problem not mine, because in my eyes i wasnt.

So take off your damned white knight armour :P

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1316196510' post='2801660']
It doesnt matter if its the top nation or the bottom nation that got rogued on, it still happens daily which is old news. I know i wasnt brown-nosing so please read proper next time, so if saying "thanks" and abit of sarcasm at the end shows disrespect to you then its your problem not mine, because in my eyes i wasnt.

So take off your damned white knight armour :P
[/quote]

Alliances signing treaties is old news. Alliances going to war is old news. By that rationale, you should complain about every thread that is posted. You need glasses if you believe your post was warranted in any way.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1316196686' post='2801662']
Alliances signing treaties is old news. Alliances going to war is old news. By that rationale, you should complain about every thread that is posted. You need glasses if you believe your post was warranted in any way.
[/quote]

Indeed most of it is old news but thats what makes the world go round, x/y or z nation getting rogued doesnt. I can state my opinion and post anywhere i want if it offends you or unwarranted in your eyes then like i said your problem. I dont think some of the stuff you post and where is warranted, but i dont come running giving you crap about it. But alas thats just your opinion white knight :)

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1316197159' post='2801667']
Indeed most of it is old news but thats what makes the world go round, x/y or z nation getting rogued doesnt. I can state my opinion and post anywhere i want if it offends you or unwarranted in your eyes then like i said your problem. I dont think some of the stuff you post and where is warranted, but i dont come running giving you crap about it. But alas thats just your opinion white knight :)
[/quote]

Pardon me, you must be late for your bowling league. Ah, yes...feel free to post how you see fit. I'll let everyone else form their opinions about you. Carry on.