Getting what we wished for. A hug perhaps?

Altheus

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1316402107' post='2803421']
The irony of you trying to imply otherwise is even better imo ;)
[/quote]
Yeah, because I have for a long time tried to avoid wars, and have never done anything that could be seen as causing them. No, that's totally me.

Frankly, I'd rather just let this thread slowly drift off to Page 2, but a couple comments were directed in my direction, so I thought I'd offer a statement.

I'm, honestly, a bit disappointed with the some of the comments -- not the comments, per se (those are predictable enough), but the source. A small tinge of disappointment in that in a few cases (most I couldn't care less about). Of course, it's the same OWF song and dance we've seen since aught-six. We spent some time getting to know several "powers-that-be", but those powers-that-be weren't too interested, unless we ditched our friends. If it were a horrible John Hughes movie of the '80s, we'd ditch all our friends, try desperately to fit in and, in the end, after a some sort of soul-searching moment, we'd discover our true friends were those that took us for who we are. But, it's not a Hughes movie, thankfully. Instead we simply chose to partner with those who will take us as we are. And that's somehow an indictment of us.

Finally, chejoe -- you mentioned this was "two steps back." I know you know better. You're one of the sharper guys I've had the pleasure of talking with, especially when it comes to FA. I have a tremendous amount of respect for your acumen in that regard. So, you know darn well that we're sitting at square zero waiting for the "powers-that-be" to get on with the beatdown already. Whether we're treatied to Legion or not changes that fact not one lick.

Anyway, this is a one-off post. I'd be happy to discuss this further with anyone on IRC.

Edited by TECUMSEH

[quote name='TECUMSEH' timestamp='1316653459' post='2805586']
I'm, honestly, a bit disappointed with the some of the comments -- not the comments, per se (those are predictable enough), but the source. A small tinge of disappointment in that in a few cases (most I couldn't care less about). Of course, it's the same OWF song and dance we've seen since aught-six. We spent some time getting to know several "powers-that-be", but those powers-that-be weren't too interested, unless we ditched our friends. If it were a horrible John Hughes movie of the '80s, we'd ditch all our friends, try desperately to fit in and, in the end, after a some sort of soul-searching moment, we'd discover our true friends were those that took us for who we are. But, it's not a Hughes movie, thankfully. Instead we simply chose to partner with those who will take us as we are. And that's somehow an indictment of us.[/quote]

That actually perfectly sums up how I feel, but couldn't somehow quite find the words for. Thank you.

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1316094862' post='2800841']
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100218180016/cybernations/images/thumb/8/88/UPN.svg/200px-UPN.svg.png[/img][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060612225060/cybernations/images/thumb/8/89/LegionFlag.png/200px-LegionFlag.png[/img]

The open world forum hasn't had one of these for a while, a treaty announcement. UPN & Legion have been friends for a long long time and despite a err... blip last year are going to carry on being so, despite whatever this merry world might throw at us.
Due not only to friendship but also a recognition of the increasing synergy in our foreign affairs, we've decided to sign the below long-overdue treaty.
Ave Legio! Yay UPN! Hi Trolls!
[/quote]
Congratulations on the treaty, gentlemen. May your bonds of friendship strengthen over time.

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1316100980' post='2800888']
[img]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/05/hatereagle.jpg[/img]

I'm glad to see this treaty reinstated. Legion are good folks regardless of how well they perform in wars.
[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So you sign a military treaty with an alliance that you KNOW won't fight? Reach for the stars buddy, reach for the stars.