Getting what we wished for. A hug perhaps?

Altheus

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1316180494' post='2801536']
Social Security?

Interesting tangent about two black holes merging though. Relativity would suggest that a meeting would produce an extraordinary amount of gamma radiation, depending on their velocities and angle of trajectory. Given the proper circumstances, the more massive body would flare in intensity as it absorbs a certain amount of the smaller one, while flinging the remaining mass of the victim on a violent and extremely fast journey far away from the collision point. The discarded 'victim' body would leave a trail of energy so intense that it would spawn a cycle of major star formation in its wake. The collision would also eject the now much more massive body from its previous location slightly, whether that be the center of the galaxy or not. Eventually it would return in a few million years to its original position.

Given the comparison to this treaty, I don't feel it is apropos. This is more of a dual body of roughly equivalent mass settling in to a stable yet slightly eccentric orbit around a center point. Outside influences may someday cause a more direct collision and explosive event, but for now it is merely a nice grouping.
[/quote]
Even after all these years, he still cares.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really got excited about the eternal WAE stereotyping, so, whatever, hope you guys have a good run and enjoy each others' company.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1316120711' post='2801052']
In any case, I'm really apathetic at this point. Good day to you all
[/quote]
I am [i]so [/i]apathetic that, that, that I'm going to rant about a holy crusade against you! Twice!

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1316182982' post='2801549']
You seem to have a bit of Valhalla on you.
[/quote]
I giggled.

[quote name='justavictim82' timestamp='1316145338' post='2801305']
Well aren't you cute... what's the matter MTG? Evading your service to the Mushreich last war wasn't enough for you? By the way, how is the re-roll treating you?
[/quote]

[color="#800080"]Good sir, this is a thread celebrating the future of power politics now that Legion and UPN have joined together. While I am a very handsome man as all Southern Delegation members are and while I'm sure you are attracted to me, you should strive to talk about Legion and UPN, or at the very least go back and help your omnipotent alliance prepare it's wave of terror[/color]

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1316182982' post='2801549']
You seem to have a bit of Valhalla on you.
[/quote]

Everyone knows the wearing a little Valhalla is a sign of class. We are more of an Indigo then a Purple anyway :smug:

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1316180494' post='2801536']
Interesting tangent about two black holes merging though. Relativity would suggest that a meeting would produce an extraordinary amount of gamma radiation, depending on their velocities and angle of trajectory. Given the proper circumstances, the more massive body would flare in intensity as it absorbs a certain amount of the smaller one, while flinging the remaining mass of the victim on a violent and extremely fast journey far away from the collision point. The discarded 'victim' body would leave a trail of energy so intense that it would spawn a cycle of major star formation in its wake. The collision would also eject the now much more massive body from its previous location slightly, whether that be the center of the galaxy or not. Eventually it would return in a few million years to its original position.

Given the comparison to this treaty, I don't feel it is apropos. This is more of a dual body of roughly equivalent mass settling in to a stable yet slightly eccentric orbit around a center point. Outside influences may someday cause a more direct collision and explosive event, but for now it is merely a nice grouping.
[/quote]

This was an instructive and fascinating bit of speculation. Thank you.

In your analogy of the eccentric orbit, what is the centre point?

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1316222470' post='2801882']
[color="#800080"][b]Don't deny who you are. [/b][/color]
[/quote]

You know, this man is right! Why should we be ashamed to be purple?! Nay, Valhalla and Olympus are Purple. It is Legion and UPN who are Indigo! ^_^

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1316316581' post='2802794']
You know, this man is right! Why should we be ashamed to be purple?! Nay, Valhalla and Olympus are Purple. It is Legion and UPN who are Indigo! ^_^
[/quote]

Oh Lol! Good luck pushing us out.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1316338078' post='2802940']
That's precious. This must be the pinnacle of UPN paranoia.
[/quote]

Considering the Indigo sphere doesn't even exist that'd be a very extreme form of paranoia. No, I don't think anyone's trying to push us out to a non-existant colour sphere, just entertained by a joke suggesting that two alliances who have purple sphere alliances for collectively over ten years could be made out not to be purple.

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1316338904' post='2802942']No, I don't think anyone's trying to push us out to a non-existant colour sphere, just entertained by a joke suggesting that two alliances who have purple sphere alliances for collectively over ten years could be made out not to be purple.[/quote]

Especially when both of them contributed so dearly to colloquial name of said sphere. Then again, iirc that was the reason the purple/indigo joke started in the first place.

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Hv04Mtf0DI0/Skvb9OEmNMI/AAAAAAAAACQ/AZJTIX7ZrGE/s320/ouroboros_purple.jpg[/img]-Accords?

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1316338904' post='2802942']
Considering the Indigo sphere doesn't even exist that'd be a very extreme form of paranoia. No, I don't think anyone's trying to push us out to a non-existant colour sphere, just entertained by a joke suggesting that two alliances who have purple sphere alliances for collectively over ten years could be made out not to be purple.
[/quote]

Easy to do when your true colors are yellow...