War in Peace Mode

Locke

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=117276&Extended=1
As you can see, I declared a war tonight. At the exact same time, my target hit peace mode. I can run attacks (CM's, haven't tried anything else yet but the screens let me in), however I can only do gather intel spy ops. Any way this can get fixed?

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1315718114' post='2798559']
Shouldn't a tie go to the peace mode nation? :lol1:
[/quote]
Oh you wish. :P

Assuming the game works by laws of logic, you can only declare on a nation while they are in war mode. I declared on you while you were in war mode, but the closeness of our actions allowed whatever tracks "at war" not being set, allowing you to successfully set the peace mode state.

Of course, I suppose the "peace mode" state could have been the one to have lagged. If server logs are precise enough (it might be in seconds, which it would track, or milliseconds, which it might not) we should be able to tell who exactly got in first.

Edited by Locke

The nation peace indicator only tracks the date, not the time that a nation enters or exits peace mode. Since the game accepted the war, we'll have to go with that. Of course, Locke could be nice and give you peace and everyone would be happy. ^_^

Didn't the game also accept my peace mode? I'm not sure why his war takes precedence over that. I would be willing to continue fighting the war in peace mode, the only thing that would be affected are spy operations and since I have a higher tech level it would have more of a negative effect on me.

Edited by Vladimir Stukov II

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1315721879' post='2798594']
Didn't the game also accept my peace mode? I'm not sure why his war takes precedence over that. I would be willing to continue fighting the war in peace mode, the only thing that would be affected are spy operations and since I have a higher tech level it would have more of a negative effect on me.
[/quote]

Seems logical to me, the game is already designed to not let you declare war on a peace mode nation, hence if there is an active war you were not in peace mode when it was declared, even if only by fractions of a second.

The game is also designed to not let nations at war enter peace mode, hence if I made it to peace mode I was not involved in an active war, even if only by fractions of a second.

Who is to say what came first? The logical solution would be to let the war continue with me in peace mode or cancel both the war and the peace mode.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1315785293' post='2798922']
The game is also designed to not let nations at war enter peace mode, hence if I made it to peace mode I was not involved in an active war, even if only by fractions of a second.

Who is to say what came first? The logical solution would be to let the war continue with me in peace mode or cancel both the war and the peace mode.
[/quote]
You better watch it - Admin might give Locke some special weapon. XD