Announcement from Non Grata

[center][img]http://www.chrismelvin.me.uk/cybernations/ngwar.png[/img]
[size="6"]Announcement from Non Grata[/size][/center]

Non Grata's engagement with Methrage and Co. continues, well over a month after the initial event started. While Non Grata has had much success in pounding these two hapless idiots into the ground, its efforts to drive the final nail into the coffin have been continuously hampered by the ignorance of several nations who have sent financial aid or traded with Methrage, despite numerous sanctions and warnings otherwise. So at this time, I feel it's necessary to clearly re-state that [b]no aid should be sent to Methrage or Nicholai at this time.[/b] These nations are at war with Non Grata, and we will not be tolerating any pleas of ignorance regarding the matter. If you send aid to Methrage, you've become his ally in this war, and you can sure as hell bet that a member of Non Grata government will be coming around to arrange for the reps that you will be paying. For those of you now participating in secret trades with Methrage, congratulations on your ingenuity, and don't feel that you've been forgotten. We will deal with you appropriately when we find out who you are.

Keeping CN Meth-free is not an easy undertaking, and we appreciate your continued support.

---

At this time, I'll also let you know that Non Grata is now at war with the Confederatio Aesir AA. I didn't feel this warranted its own thread because its really only one nation that will be getting attacked at the moment. Rest assured that once SpyCap of Sea Hawk leaves peace mode, he will also be participating. Same rules apply here, so don't be aiding these guys.

As for the reason for this war, CA aided Methrage and Co. and decided that instead of paying reps, war would be more profitable for them. Who am I to judge?

For those wondering how Olympus, CA's protector, feels about this, I can assure you we've been in discussions with Pansy regarding this issue and have been given the go ahead to deal with the problem as we see fit.

Edited by King Xander the Only

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1315620370' post='2797699']
... [b]no aid should be sent to Methrage or Nicholai at this time.[/b] ...
[/quote]

Since some people seem unable to understand this concept I think it is important that we clearly say that yes, even sending money to these two for a tech deal is considered sending aid.

:rolleyes:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1315620895' post='2797705']
I feel a sense of deja vu, like ive seen it before... You know reminding us all about your methrage problem [b]again[/b] but with a warning, just increases the chances of people aiding him as an FU, you should of learnt from the previous alliances who tried it, it didnt stop his aid flow.
[/quote]
Sure, just as long as I get paid.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1315621290' post='2797714']
Maybe if you make a few more threads people will catch on, although I wish CA luck in their war. Its a shame to see you guys attacked for doing tech deals.
[/quote]
I like making threads; just not about you.

[quote name='Gofastleft' timestamp='1315620668' post='2797703']
Since some people seem unable to understand this concept I think it is important that we clearly say that yes, even sending money to these two for a tech deal is considered sending aid.

:rolleyes:
[/quote]

Just curious what gives you the right to dictate who nations can and can't do tech deals with?

Straight up aid I can see, however if he is fulfilling his end of the bargain in a tech deal what gives you this right?

In addition if someone does a deal with him and they are nations that don't check the OWF why is it the responsibility for every alliance to spread your edict on this subject or else suffer your wrath or your extortion demands of reps?

This is your mess I suggest cleaning it up yourself

It's a very slippery slope and a dangerous area when alliances can dictate who tech deals are done with

[quote name='The Big Bad' timestamp='1315622678' post='2797738']
I do not know what is worse that you just acknowledged this a legit war or that he seems to be causing you enough trouble that you had to do this. As annoying as the guy is you have to give him credit for reducing a sanctioned alliance to giving him some free PR.
[/quote]

I think it's worse they are making propaganda signatures for their "war"

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1315624110' post='2797759']
I think it's worse they are making propaganda signatures for their "war"
[/quote]
lol, I found this funny as well. They seem to be treating it as a full fledged alliance war, except when requesting sanctions in an attempt to get uninvolved alliances involved on their side. CA only did a tech deal with my alliance mate as well, which wouldn't have anything to do with me and my war with them if Methuselarity isn't an alliance.

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1315622851' post='2797741']
Just curious what gives you the right to dictate who nations can and can't do tech deals with?
Straight up aid I can see, however if he is fulfilling his end of the bargain in a tech deal what gives you this right?

In addition if someone does a deal with him and they are nations that don't check the OWF why is it the responsibility for every alliance to spread your edict on this subject or else suffer your wrath or your extortion demands of reps?

This is your mess I suggest cleaning it up yourself

It's a very slippery slope and a dangerous area when alliances can dictate who tech deals are done with
[/quote]
I do believe they didnt say anything about not doing tech deals they simply stated that there will be consequences for doing so.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1315625181' post='2797770']
I do believe they didnt say anything about not doing tech deals they simply stated that there will be consequences for doing so.
[/quote]

In the post I quoted they said doing tech deals to them is considered aid - that to pretty much everyone means don't do tech deals

I would honestly bet that meth rage could send aid messages to NG members and probably get one to bite

The bottom line is it's not on every alliance to communicate NG's edict therefore they can't enforce these reps for legit tech deals

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1315625422' post='2797774']
Insisting on giving Methrage all the publicity that he wants. Lovely. :facepalm:

And Xander...this is the second unnecessary thread concerning Methrage. You not only like making Methrage threads, you're in the man crush zone.
[/quote]
Needs less methrage all around

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1315625422' post='2797774']
Insisting on giving Methrage all the publicity that he wants. Lovely. :facepalm:

And Xander...this is the second unnecessary thread concerning Methrage. You not only like making Methrage threads, you're in the man crush zone.
[/quote]
This is already the second thread by Non Grata about this, without me even needing to make any after the first one they made. Seems I don't need to make any threads regarding the conflict with Non Grata, they got it covered in bringing me PR in this conflict regardless.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='MrHavok' timestamp='1315625467' post='2797776']
In the post I quoted they said doing tech deals to them is considered aid - that to pretty much everyone means don't do tech deals

I would honestly bet that meth rage could send aid messages to NG members and probably get one to bite

The bottom line is it's not on every alliance to communicate NG's edict therefore they can't enforce these reps for legit tech deals
[/quote]

Why are we constantly feeling sorry for people that can't take three seconds to check if their tech seller is in a war?

I have to agree with those stating that your quest to go after anyone engaging in a standard tech deal on grounds of aiding an enemy of NG is ridiculous. First, it's not aid. It's a trade. See, he's giving something in exchange for the money. He's not receiving it freely. That's how a tech deal works. Secondly, as mentioned, not everyone peruses these forums...let alone every thread in these forums, and may not know you are requesting no one to deal with him. Not that they would be obligated to honor that request, but to declare war against individuals who legitimately may not be aware of this beef is the equivalent of bullying and I doubt it will stand for long. May want to reconsider your position...well, at least your FA position, as this thread has only helped Methrage and lost some credibility for NG.