Concord

Hime Themis

Where they make a desert, they call it peace.

Independence is a spirit that is dear to us. Non-intervention is not indifference; it is a belief that Digiterra can be made a better place when not all play the political game.

Independence does not mean isolation. We are aware of the rumors that swirl, but try not to engage when neutrality is questioned or disparaged. Neither of us is neutral. There are however those we admire who have chosen that path; just as we admire those who have worked hard in the political arena to become true forces. We do nevertheless have friends we have gathered and admired quietly through our times here on Digiterra.

We are not the same. Our core values remain a constant, except how and why we move the way we do makes us different but close. If we were of one mind, we would have merged, not form some bloc of theoretical sameness nor sign some treaty of undying love never to be broken. We could have simply declared, as others have, that we will defend anyone we choose to because we can. We see this as neither fair nor honest.

Therefore, we feel it only right (as is our way) to declare openly that should the dogs of war, that hunt all too frequently in packs, seek to target what they believe is easy prey, a solitary old tiger, will find that tigers may not hunt in packs but should they be threatened they can and will stand together to defend the concept and importance of the ideal of independence. It is our way to fight for principles, not names or benefits. Those who hold true to this deserve our support.

This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.

To this we thus commit, we seek no advantage against any nor will we yield to isolation any of these our friends should the need of defense be thrust unbidden upon one of us. This, our fair and open proclamation, we offer in advice to those who might think that any of us would remain alone. They will not.

Go bid thy master well advise himself,
If we may pass, we will; if we be hinder'd,
We shall your tawny ground with your red blood
Discolour: and so Montjoy, fare you well.
The sum of all our answer is but this:
We would not seek a battle, as we are;
Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it.

Attested By

[b][size="3"]The Nations of [i][b]Créole[/b][/i][b] [/b][/size][/b]

[b][size="3"][/size][/b]

[b][size="3"]The Knights Council The Order of the Black Rose[/size][/b]

[b][size="3"][/size][/b]

Respectfully

Dame Hime Themis

Edited by Hime Themis

[quote name='James Maximus' timestamp='1315444403' post='2796579']
For people that don't speak OBR, this is an ODP correct?
[/quote]
Our alliance considers ourselves to have a standing ODP with the world, in that we reserve the right to defend whoever we wish when diplomatic options have been exhausted. We'd prefer that people simply consider this a diplomatic clarification of the circumstances that may drive us to war. OBR has been a bastion of peace and restraint in this world and any unprovoked effort to assault them or drag them into a conflict against their will is clearly a threat on our own alliance's future safety. That and the idea of people messing with OBR simply upsets us.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1315445247' post='2796585']
Was/is there interest in including other independent alliances in this? There are other tigers out there, so to speak, who have discussed this very concept.
[/quote]
We're not at liberty to discuss private conversations that may have happened. On Creole's part, the only party for which I can speak, this is not a limited sentiment.

Edited by PhysicsJunky

As though toying with either of these alliances wasn't already a good way to get your upper-tier reduced to slag, they now come together in the spirit of independence to reinforce the point.

I would advise those in the Order to beware the cooking of their new friend. It can be right addicting.

I hope you know I love you both.

While it is nice, though somewhat uncharacteristic, to see this in letter, the ideals have long existed in Spirit.

Should anyone attack either of you it will be nothing short of hilarious. Though why anyone would ever want to, or furthermore think it would be a good idea, is well beyond my imagination.

In any case, this announcement pleases me... And I just thought you should know.