Dispatch to Moscow

Triyun

[quote]To: The Office of the Czar
From: The Office of the August Imperator of the United Federation of the East
Subject: Formation of an Alliance

Body: The August Imperator would like to invite the Czar to his personal cabin near Vladivostok, Ehestadt for a meeting discussing the formation of a major strategic alliance between our two nations, as well as to offer technological assistance and economy investment to Slavorussia.[/quote]

[quote][b]Reply from His Majesty's Personal Secretary[/b]

His Majesty the Tsar, and His Excellency Prime Minister Putin, would be honored to attend a conference at Vladivostok. We will begin making preparations for their journey as soon as possible.[/quote]

The Imperial Cabin was somewhat of a misnomer. In fact it was a large mansion by most standards. Sprawled out across the bay from Vladivostok, it had been constructed in a classical Tang Dynasty style, characterized by simple dark wood eastern designs, with a pier stretching out onto the Pacific Ocean, that would ferry the Russian guests over from Vladivostok Naval Air Station.

Jia waited for his guests to arrive at a pagoda near the dock sipping on some tea and enjoying the cool crisp air of the North Pacific, contrasting with the humidity of the Southern Capital.

Justinian was eager as he arrived at his second visit to far east Asia this year. He and Vladimir had discussed fulfilling a number of campaign promises that included opening strong relations with the UFE and other non western countries.

They arrived in formal dress and approached the pagoda, greeted August Imperator Jia and thanked him for the invitation.

"Czar Justinian, Prime Minister Putin, welcome to Ehestadt." Jia said with a smile. "I hope you had a pleasant journey. It is good always good to have friends come from abroad. I am sure you've noticed much of Vladivostok's Russian Quarter has been rebuilt after neglect by the Japanese."

Motioning to two seats at the table before them in the Pagoda, "Please sit." he said. "Can my aides get you anything, food, tea, wine? We are quite well stocked here."

"Indeed." Jia said motioning to an aid. In the traditional chinese style, whole pan roasted tea leaves were placed into three porcelain cups with hot water poured into them, and finally covered with a plate to steep.

"I envy you, I must travel intercontinental several times a month." Jia said. "Its been my experience that those who travel a lot always wish to travel less, and those who travel less always wish to travel a lot."

"I hope you both can take some time after our business is concluded to enjoy the Pacific, it is truly a great land where our two civilizations met. So why I've called you here. I want to discuss the possibility of forming an alliance between Slavorussia and the United Federation of the East, a close one at that.

I view the Russian states as the UFEs most natural geographic allies, aside from perhaps the Burmese. So far we've secured a very strong alliance with Vauleyo and we believe one with Slavorussia would further cement the links between these two regions and put both in a position to exercise power across Eurasia."

"Hah!" Jia said taking a sip of his tea. "I do hope you do find one or two rational countries to your West." then pausing, "But for the most part I agree. The default of the East is Order. And we should endeavor to see it preserved by a strong hand. I must ask, what is your current relationship with Vauleyo?"

“I certainly see potential in central and east-central Europe, but once you cross over the River Rhine it becomes difficult to determine the true intentions of the people. Unfortunately in Russia a characteristic distrust of westerners is a trait that carries over from the Cold War. Speaking to our relationship with Vaule; our bilateral relationship has experienced a thaw recently. We signed an Optional Defense Pact shortly after I formed my government.”

Jia nodded, "Yes, I have noticed that the Euros west of the Rhine do tend to go on a bit much about lofty ideals while practicing the exact opposite of what they preach." Setting down his tea he nodded at the mention of the ODP, "It is good to hear that our friends in Vauleyo get along well with you, and that you with they. It will make what I am about to propose much better."

He handed them both a copy of a rather extensive agreement, "The important parts are in the first few pages. What I would propose is that the UFE and Slavorussia sign a Mutual Defense and Optional Aggression Pact as well as a joint base usage agreement. We would also provide Slavorussia with assistance in developing its own domestic arms industry in exchange for getting our companies to enter into joint production partnerships and being able to sell some parts to Slavorussia produced here in the UFE such as the machines used to construct advanced radar and engine designs."

"Both powers would be permitted to use each other's territory at designated areas to conduct regional military operations. The UFE has similar agreements with Athens and Greater Pacifica. I believe we'd primarily be interested in using Slavorussia as a possible stop over point, and in rare cases staging area for our operations over the Arctic Circle." Jia said.

Vladimir leans forward, now they were getting to what he was really interested in. “It is no secret that our military is aging. Most of the equipment we have in service now are upgraded Soviet era weapons. We want to overhaul our entire military and become recognized as a competitive military force in Europe. Our T-95 tank prototype could use some improvement and we’re in the market for new stealth aircraft, unmanned drones, more sensitive radar technology, whatever you are willing to offer to help us with.”

Jia nodded in the affirmative. "We can definitely forward you some design ideas, as well as provide you with the materials to build such weapon systems. I will order it done right away. Now let me show you the treaty I have in mind."

[quote]United Federation of the East - Slavorussian Cooperation Treaty
[b]Article I.[/b] Friendship:

The United Federation of the East and Slavorussia do not only renounce aggression against one each other, but also genuine friendship and a spirit of cooperation. Both powers shall do everything in their power to coordinate with on another and act in common purpose.

[b]Article II.[/b] Intelligence Sharing:

Both powers shall cooperate on intelligence sharing, provide each other with ISR capabilities, and no withhold information potentially damaging to either party.

[b]Article III.[/b] Military Cooperation:

An attack against one signatory shall be taken as an attack against both signatories, regardless of the power who hits the other. Further both signatories shall endeavor to cooperate in all military actions. Both signatories with permission may use each others territory as staging ground for operations, and both signatories shall in emergency provide haven for each other's militaries. Both signatories will cooperate on military technology and not release sensitive information given by the other signatory.

[b]Article IV.[/b] Cancellation and Amending

This pact may be cancelled after 96 hours private notice, during which the terms are still active. Both parties by mutual consent can amend this pact at any time.[/quote]