STA September Press Conference

pezstar

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it suits my purpose.

We all have our calling. Mine is to be a big, mean, pompous ass of a moralist who seeks to destroy empires with an undisclosed agenda. It is a tough job and I do my best to meet the challenge.

Edited by Tygaland

I think after an initial withdrawal process I could continue to function on another source of preservatives and sugar but the withdrawal period would be messy and I would truly pity the members of the Consilium Tigris who would have to clean up after me during this trying time.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315718309' post='2798562']
You made yourselves look bad by screwing up then refusing to remedy the results of your screw up. Even to this day you persist in blaming the victims of your screw-up for daring complain. Yet, people call me a pompous ass.[/quote]
Whatever, we're just going in circles now.

[quote]When referring to "you" in the first line I was referring to MK as can be seen from the comment I was replying to. The second was asking you what you said as you stated you rarely posted in the press conferences which implied you had posted.[/quote]
It was two posts in the same thread asking about NSO back in February.

[quote]Looking back on the last few press conferences the same topic (Tyga is a big meanie) has been raised three times, once by you here, once by lebubu and one by Beefspari of GOONS. There was a fourth raising of the topic by New Frontier but he is not connected to MK in anyway so I only mention it for completeness. It is a fairly common topic raised by MKers or their allies since the NSO issue. I haven't delved back any further than that because I think that is enough to back my point here.
[/quote]
Beefspari isn't MK and while he's an ally, we don't tell him how to post. So you have Lebubu and me in two separate incidents, hardly a conspiracy or a pattern.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1315720942' post='2798589']
Whatever, we're just going in circles now.
[/quote]

We have been for months yet MK seems to like firing up the merry-go-round every month or so.

[quote]
It was two posts in the same thread asking about NSO back in February.
[/quote]

So nothing to do with this issue at all then?

[quote]
Beefspari isn't MK and while he's an ally, we don't tell him how to post. So you have Lebubu and me in two separate incidents, hardly a conspiracy or a pattern.
[/quote]

I'm aware Beefspari isn't MK, hence me saying he was from GOONS. I also said I only went back over the last three or four press conferences and there were 4 examples of it, half of which were from MK, one of which was from a close MK ally and the other from somone who just doesn't like me for reasons known to himself. I never said it was a conspiracy, just a recurring theme in our press conferences. I am sure there are more recent things to discuss without going around the merry-go-round every month or so.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315721373' post='2798592']
We have been for months yet MK seems to like firing up the merry-go-round every month or so.

So nothing to do with this issue at all then?

I'm aware Beefspari isn't MK, hence me saying he was from GOONS. I also said I only went back over the last three or four press conferences and there were 4 examples of it, half of which were from MK, one of which was from a close MK ally and the other from somone who just doesn't like me for reasons known to himself. I never said it was a conspiracy, just a recurring theme in our press conferences. I am sure there are more recent things to discuss without going around the merry-go-round every month or so.
[/quote]
You specifically linked it to MK, both again in this post ("MK fired merry-go-around") and earlier. You have two incidents over 4-5 months. Again, hardly a pattern. Or "monthly" for that matter.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1315723255' post='2798605']
You specifically linked it to MK, both again in this post ("MK fired merry-go-around") and earlier. You have two incidents over 4-5 months. Again, hardly a pattern. Or "monthly" for that matter.
[/quote]

Well, the press conferences haven't been monthly for a while and 50% of the most recent cases are from MK. 25% from a close ally. To me it is a pattern of dredging this incident up on a regular basis for whatever reason you have. Seeing as the incident is months old I have to wonder why you bring it up again now anyway. You would have to be naive not to relate the topic to MK because that is who the incident being brought up concerns. It was an issue between MK and NSO and it was MK we had the discussion with at the time of the incident. For the most part it is MK raising the issue months afterwards so, yes, it is an MK-fired merry-go-round.

I'm well aware of your opinion of me and the way the STA reacted to the incident between yourselves and the NSO (and those of your alliance-mates for that matter) as is anyone who remotely cares or cared about it.

We did not agree with how you handled the NSO incident. We did what we could to get a better deal for our friends in the NSO and made clear our disappointment in the way you handled the situation initially and how you reacted to the NSO-fuelled PR hit you took when it went public. Big deal. The fact you cling to this minor and trivial issue for months and months is astounding. I cannot believe an alliance could be so thin-skinned and sulky. What the STA did did not harm your alliance one iota and yet months later you are still whining about it. Good grief.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315724095' post='2798608']
Well, the press conferences haven't been monthly for a while and 50% of the most recent cases are from MK. 25% from a close ally. To me it is a pattern of dredging this incident up on a regular basis for whatever reason you have. Seeing as the incident is months old I have to wonder why you bring it up again now anyway. You would have to be naive not to relate the topic to MK because that is who the incident being brought up concerns. It was an issue between MK and NSO and it was MK we had the discussion with at the time of the incident. For the most part it is MK raising the issue months afterwards so, yes, it is an MK-fired merry-go-round.

I'm well aware of your opinion of me and the way the STA reacted to the incident between yourselves and the NSO (and those of your alliance-mates for that matter) as is anyone who remotely cares or cared about it.

We did not agree with how you handled the NSO incident. We did what we could to get a better deal for our friends in the NSO and made clear our disappointment in the way you handled the situation initially and how you reacted to the NSO-fuelled PR hit you took when it went public. Big deal. The fact you cling to this minor and trivial issue for months and months is astounding. I cannot believe an alliance could be so thin-skinned and sulky. What the STA did did not harm your alliance one iota and yet months later you are still whining about it. Good grief.
[/quote]
I brought up your abrasive conduct in the embassy, in response to other's bringing up your abrasive conduct in their embassy. The incident it was connected to is tangential.

It's funny to still see you calling twice on tangential issues a "merry go around" of bringing it up. At least you dropped "monthly".

You might also want to get over your more than 3 year grudge against Valhalla before complaining about anyone else bringing up old issues. Glass houses and all.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1315726927' post='2798618']
I brought up your abrasive conduct in the embassy, in response to other's bringing up your abrasive conduct in their embassy. The incident it was connected to is tangential.

It's funny to still see you calling twice on tangential issues a "merry go around" of bringing it up. At least you dropped "monthly".

You might also want to get over your more than 3 year grudge against Valhalla before complaining about anyone else bringing up old issues. Glass houses and all.
[/quote]

I think there is a monumental difference between harping on about a trivial difference of opinion over an issue that caused no harm at all as MK does and wanting an apology for a deliberate and planned attempt to destroy the STA and the community within the alliance over personal grudges (most if not all of which had no basis within the STA at all) in order to move on.

However, I knew you'd make this attempt at equivalence, as flimsy as it is.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315703178' post='2798392']
We may have to open another monthly thread titled "Complain about Tyga" to assist them with their therapy.At least the purpose will be defined.
[/quote]
I would post in this thread.

Tyga, how dare you keep that damn fat cat avatar, it disturbs me. Bring back your old one!

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1315753966' post='2798714']
Tyga, if I applied to STA would you let me and my bad posts join?
[/quote]

As long as you aren't too abrasive in your commentary.

[quote name='deth2munkies']

Tyga, how dare you keep that damn fat cat avatar, it disturbs me. Bring back your old one!
[/quote]

Disturbing in a good way though, right? I find it calming and hypnotic.

[quote name='Schattenmann']
Did STA know Azaghul was this petty before[i] the incident[/i]?
[/quote]

Not really. I discovered that my honesty and habit of putting my opinion forward was a great attribute and one lauded by Azaghul and others up until the point where I disagreed with them on a matter. At that point my honesty and habit of putting my opinion forward suddenly became abrasive and the actions of a pompous ass of a moralist.

Such is life. I have stood still as the changing winds of politics swirl around me meaning at some point people have loved me and hated me with equal vigour as their political standards change depending on which standard suits their current position in the Cyberverse.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1315713569' post='2798501']

Like you though, NSO was more interested in public one-upmanship than a satisfactory resolution to the issue, which is why it ended the way it did.

[/quote]

Gods know I don't agree with Tyga on everything, but he is right here, Azaghul. As the smaller and less politically connected alliance, NSO had no choice but to go public to try and shame you guys into doing the right thing. Not to mention that after what you guys pulled, you deserved any fallout you got. A public apology to NSO would have solved everything, everybody would laud how reasonable you were to admit your mistake, etc. But I realize that I'm reviving a months old argument here, and it probably isn't the thread for it.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315616695' post='2797667']
None of the above, but if I [i]had[/i] to choose one I'd say XX.
[/quote]

You choose poorly.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315636816' post='2797909']
Drama arises on its own, I have never been one to believe in creating drama for drama's sake.
[/quote]

Says the guy who quite literally spawned a great war by going out and nuking someone, and the ripple effect of that war determined politics for at least a year.

Anyways, keep on trucking Polar lackies, sorry to Pez for stealing the "Most Hated Ex-Legionnaire" title from her

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1315858952' post='2799340']
Says the guy who quite literally spawned a great war by going out and nuking someone, and the ripple effect of that war determined politics for at least a year.
[/quote]

You assume, incorrectly, that I did that for drama's sake.

[quote]
Anyways, keep on trucking Polar lackies...[/quote]

You cuts me deep, you do.

[/quote]

That wasn't drama. That was incontinence.

Anyways, keep on trucking Polar lackies, sorry to Pez for stealing the "Most Hated Ex-Legionnaire" title from her
[/quote]

Awww LF we's don't hates you little buddy. Come back for a visit we'll treat you real nice. Maybe even give you some candy.

[img]http://candyaddict.com/blog/candy_pictures/gross_sour_flush_candy.jpg[/img]

JK by the way, we really don't hate down Legion way.

Seeing all the Tyga hate in here prompted a question that I want to throw out. Typically STA has been regarded with a great deal of respect. What happened? Seems like a lot of people are jumping on their back all of a sudden.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1315970309' post='2800136']
Seeing all the Tyga hate in here prompted a question that I want to throw out. Typically STA has been regarded with a great deal of respect. What happened? Seems like a lot of people are jumping on their back all of a sudden.
[/quote]

There has and always be a more vocal element in the Cyberverse and when you disagree with them they tend to turn their vocal efforts from support and gratitude to hostility. I haven't changed my attitude at all and neither has the STA so make of that what you will. :P

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical']
How are your relations with NpO presently?
[/quote]

Our relations with the NpO are as strong as ever.