STA September Press Conference

pezstar

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='The Great One' timestamp='1315462638' post='2796699']
Sins against one may be acts of great piety to another. I bow before the Twinkie Throne.

As for how to acheive the death of everything I am unsure. All I have is this little piece of paper from a fortune cookie. It says "42". Perhaps another could find meaning in this vague numerical code?
[/quote]

I giggled.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1315433822' post='2796498']
Thing is pez, as far as I knew we WERE past things. We talked. I met your request for an apology for my actions in trying to harm your community, you looked it over and basicly said "Thats great, thank you", and then after much time had passed Tyga decides to post some FU back at me and trying to imply said apology wasnt sincere.
[/quote]

So much inaccuracy in so few words.

Pez accepted your offered apology six minutes after you posted it. She had no mandate to do so on behalf of the alliance, less so to accept such an apology so quickly before anyone had had a chance to read it, much less myself. Whether Pez was accepting on a personal level or on behalf of the alliance, I'm not certain. If the former then you have no right to claim the acceptance was from the STA and if the latter she had no power to speak on behalf of the alliance on such an issue without speaking at the very least to myself.

Your apology belittled the events and was a rambling personal anecdote. The STA required an official apology from Valhalla, always have and always will. You cannot bring yourself to do that so you posted a dribbling load of bollocks and Pez immediately accepted it giving you the false impression your anecdote was sufficient.

As for the two days between your post and my response, I was taking comment from my government and members on how to proceed. This event affects all STA members, especially those around in the noCB days and it was important for meto hear what they had to say before making a decision. My decision has the support of the vast majority of people around from the noCB days.

[quote]
Heres a clue tyga, I had ZERO incentive(NV relations were already well past the STA issue) to post that other then out of good will and to throw pez a bone because weve known each other for a long time and it seemed like as good a time as any these days to move on. You decided you did not want to and also to hold onto the old grudge. Thats totally fine by me but after I/we have made many many efforts(you can discount them all you want but the fact remains is WE have always been the ones to approach you guys only to be sent packing) and your continued stance only shows what stodgy ol $%&@ you really are.

Cest le vie, im sure stagnation feels fun wrapped in your rose colored blanky....
[/quote]

NV were speaking to us asking us how we can move on to allow you guys to sign the treaty. Soon after you roll up with your anecdote and Pez accepts it unilaterally and off you go. The fact of the matter is we told NV we didn't care, they were free to treaty whomever they like. I have no interest in harbouring any grudges and the STA most certainly has done nothing to harm Valhalla. Valhallan representatives to the STA have acknowledged past wrongs by Valhalla against the STA and acknowledged a requirement to apologise for those wrongs. As of yet, no official apology on behalf of Valhalla has been sent to the STA so the situation remains.

If you don't want to apologise then fine, I honestly don't care. But, when your representatives come knocking every few months and baulk at the apology that the NPO and TPF readily gave us then don't be surprised if nothing changes. You know what is required so stop calling by when you are not wiling to do what is required to move on and what your own representatives have acknowledged is needed to move on.

You can hurl abuse at me all you like, it doesn't change the facts of the matter.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1315428004' post='2796465']
:smug:

You've missed a lot since you've been gone. STA shouldn't even be posting these public question things anymore, honestly.
[/quote]

Really? Why is that?

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315564129' post='2797347']
Really? Why is that?
[/quote]
Being agendaless or having one's agenda go missing, both will lead to QnA rights being revoked. You may substitute the agenda with a axe to be ground, if you have one laying about.

Also reading the to and fro banter between STA and Valhalla, it seems that all that is pending to be done before the bubbly flows is a sit down where baggage is left at the door along with any preconceived notions. evidently both of you are willing to move on. Or have claimed to be willing at the very least. i wish you both would.

To be honest, all we as an alliance need is an formal, official apology from Valhalla for incidents they have agreed with us need apologising for. Chefjoe is aware of this and so is every diplomat that comes to the STA from Valhalla. The STA has no requirement to go to Valhalla chasing the apology as I believe the party apologising should seek out the other party as the reverse makes no sense whatsoever. We have made it clear what we require so I see no point in pursuing it.

If the apology never comes then so be it. However, the cycle of initiating discussion, refusing to apologise and then running the "zomg toigar is bein' a prick 2 us :sadface:" nonsense up the flagpole here is getting tiresome. Valhalla know what we need to move on, they have conceded that what we ask is fair and reasonable, they just refuse to do what needs to be done for reasons known to themselves. One of those reasons we have been made aware of being that they think we will make political currency out of the apology. Considering we have not done anything of the sort with apologies from TPF and NPO, that reason doesn't seem to have much basis in logic or precedence. But I guess it is a convenient excuse for them not taking ownership of their actions and make amends for them.

That Chefjoe thinks he can offer up a half-arsed, rambling anecdote belittling the issues that caused this rift in the first place and consider it a formal and official apology on behalf of Valhalla is certainly puzzling. If he genuinely wanted this dealt with he could have and still can do so at any time. The fact that he has baulked at it for years suggests he has no interest in doing so and is instead intent on continuing the inane cycle I mentioned.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1315572684' post='2797370']
<snip>
[/quote]

You are a pompous ass. The apology(although I now regret even doing that) is on your forums. You can toss your BS around about how you personally are going to hold a grudge and be a !@#$%, but the FACT remains that your .gov member came to ME, we discussed things and came to the apology on your forums, it was written and then accepted by your .gov member. Then after much time passes you not only send an FU and to me and Valhalla on a situation thought done, but an even LARGER FU to Pez(whether she views it as that or not is moot. You overrode her descision with sonme lame crap about it only being 6 minutes since id posted my apology....wtf? Damn you are a real prick) by totally blowing off her input and work into the situation.

So once again.....facts are

1. your .gov member came to me and discussed the situation
2. after having discussed it, it was determined an apology on your forum should be OK
3. After posting said apology it was posted by said .gov member that things were past the issue and apology accepted

So really the [b]facts[/b] are that I met the conditions set by your .gov and that you are still throwing childish tantrums and crying when things arent exactly as you want, so then you crap all over Val(were used to it so no biggie), you also crap all over your own people and their input.

Nice job Tyga, at least you are consistent... :blink:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1315600152' post='2797527']
[/quote]

... that no one cares about overly redundant Valhalla-STA drama. Both of you cut it out so we can at least have a chance at an interesting thread.

STA, If you were in the position of any SF alliance, what would you be doing atm?

what are some lessons about what works and what doesn't over the past year?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1315600448' post='2797530']
... that no one cares about overly redundant Valhalla-STA drama. Both of you cut it out so we can at least have a chance at an interesting thread.
[/quote]
I respectfully disagree. Drama of any kind is better than no drama at all. Doesn't matter why X hates Y or Y hates X. Drama makes this world go around and quite frankly we need more of it.

On Topic: Sad to see you guys lost Raga. He seemed like a really good guy from what I saw from him on these forums. Hopefully he stays in touch with you guys.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1315600646' post='2797532']
I respectfully disagree. Drama of any kind is better than no drama at all. Doesn't matter why X hates Y or Y hates X. Drama makes this world go around and quite frankly we need more of it.
[/quote]

I challenge that assertion. Page 35 of a thread and its HoT. Do you really care? ;)

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1315601123' post='2797534']
I challenge that assertion. Page 35 of a thread and its HoT. Do you really care? ;)
[/quote]
If its about HoT then no. :P

I think every alliance should have some type of rival they can poke at or work towards beating them in a war. I'd like to see alliances like MCXA start taking pots shots at folks. I think it'd good to have some of the smaller/medium size guys start pushing the action (of what they want to do) rather than just waiting for the inevitable war between the big groups (does anyone else feel the MJ vs SF thing is just dragging on?). Then again I think I'm getting further and further away from my original post.

To STA/pez: How would you like to see the "smaller" alliances in this world start taking the initiative and start shaking up the political arena rather than waiting on the big alliances/blocs to do so? Is it wrong to have a "rival" or "enemy" that you can target and go after? Is STA thinking of doing anything like this or will you be continuing under your normal MO which is to just sit to the side lines (that isn't meant as an insult)?

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1315600152' post='2797527']
You are a pompous ass. The apology(although I now regret even doing that) is on your forums. You can toss your BS around about how you personally are going to hold a grudge and be a !@#$%, but the FACT remains that your .gov member came to ME, we discussed things and came to the apology on your forums, it was written and then accepted by your .gov member. Then after much time passes you not only send an FU and to me and Valhalla on a situation thought done, but an even LARGER FU to Pez(whether she views it as that or not is moot. You overrode her descision with sonme lame crap about it only being 6 minutes since id posted my apology....wtf? Damn you are a real prick) by totally blowing off her input and work into the situation.

1. your .gov member came to me and discussed the situation
2. after having discussed it, it was determined an apology on your forum should be OK
3. After posting said apology it was posted by said .gov member that things were past the issue and apology accepted
[/quote]

I already pointed out the facts. Pez had no authority nor mandate to accept your apology and the fact that she accepted it 6 minutes after you posting it gives the appearance the whole thing was a set up between yourself and Pez. The STA has always required an official apology from Valhalla as an alliance not a rambling anecdote from yourself. Those are the facts of the matter. There is no formal and official apology on our forum, just your rambling anecdote of excuse-making and belittlement of the issues between our alliances.

[quote]
So really the [b]facts[/b] are that I met the conditions set by your .gov and that you are still throwing childish tantrums and crying when things arent exactly as you want, so then you crap all over Val(were used to it so no biggie), you also crap all over your own people and their input.
[/quote]

My ".gov" had no authority to do what she did. You and everyone who has acted as a Valhallan diplomat to the STA is aware of what we require. The fact that you and Pez thought you could sneak around it does not change that requirement at all. You have not met that requirement.

As far as childish tantrums are concerned, I'm unaware of throwing one. It is you hurling abuse at me here not the other way around.

[quote]
Nice job Tyga, at least you are consistent... :blink:
[/quote]

Indeed I am. We have always required and always will require a formal and official apology from Valhalla to move on, That is the one constant in the entire episode. Well, one of two, The other is you dancing around in circles trying to avoid offering such an apology.

[quote name='Duke Nukem' timestamp='1315601157' post='2797536']
If you could join one bloc right now what would it be (XX/SF/CnG/PB/DR/PF)?
[/quote]

None of the above, but if I [i]had[/i] to choose one I'd say XX.

[quote name='Feanor Noldrin']
To STA/pez: How would you like to see the "smaller" alliances in this world start taking the initiative and start shaking up the political arena rather than waiting on the big alliances/blocs to do so? Is it wrong to have a "rival" or "enemy" that you can target and go after? Is STA thinking of doing anything like this or will you be continuing under your normal MO which is to just sit to the side lines (that isn't meant as an insult)?
[/quote]

As far as little alliances shaking things up, I guess if they want to commit suicide and then pay huge reps to the blocs that roll them they are most welcome to do so.

I like the fact some alliances have a rival or enemy, it is part of any political landscape. The formation of large blocs tends to negate this aspect of politics because rivals or enemies cannot do much without the entire world being brought into it.

At the moment the STA will be content to be its boring self. I'm sure all you bloc-members are crunching numbers and formulating CBs to bring the next curbstomp into fruition. I don't want to tread on anyone's toes there.