Nuke Range

bcortell

With fewer and fewer people playing, I think the game would benefit from an increase in the range for purchasing nukes. Right now there are just over 600 people playing, and I'm guessing we don't hit 1000 this round. Thus, I propose that the nuke purchasing range go to the top 10%. It should level the playing field a little more and allow more nations to get nukes without MP's.

[quote name='bcortell' timestamp='1315498353' post='2796870']
Not one person has disagreed.. I must have the best suggestion ever.
[/quote]

Nobody agreed either, you obviously have the worst suggestion ever.

However, I would be interested to see a top10% range for nukes instead of top 5%

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Therm' timestamp='1315510342' post='2796949']
Nobody agreed either, you obviously have the worst suggestion ever.

However, I would be interested to see a top10% range for nukes instead of top 5%
[/quote]

Damn, you got me. We have surpassed 1000 nations, though I still like the idea of making the nuke range top 10%.

in my opinion I think it would be better something like this, you must be in the top 5% or in the top 60-80 nations... I think changing it to the top 10% would be a little to much.

Right now the top 5% is to small, there are only 48 nations in the top 5% and in around the past week it went from 59 to 48. I think its kind of annoying for it to keep on getting smaller as the round goes on since more and more keep on leaving.

Edited by KillerCruiser

[quote name='Komplex' timestamp='1316575818' post='2805061']
Keep it 5% i wish there was no MP's.
[/quote]

Pretty soon there's only gonna be 40 nations eligible to buy nukes, might as well do away with nukes altogether...

Take a look at the stats:

928 current active nations.

46 Nuclear Capable Nations
194 Nuclear Armed Nations

While there are only 46 nations in the top 5%. There are 194 that have nukes. That is over 20%.

This is obviously the result of an "easy" MP (plus some downward movement of previously top 5% that got nukes). I don't see any reason to lower the threshold to 10%, especially with the "easy" MP.

Besides, lowering it to 10% would mean that the required NS would be around 11,500 vs. the current 15,300, or about a 35% decrease. And additionally, there are 147 MP's in the game at this time and that represents 16% of all current nations, well higher than the proposed 10% threshold.

If the threshold is increased to 10%, the MP would have to be made more difficult to obtain.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1319416801' post='2831236']
Take a look at the stats:

928 current active nations.

46 Nuclear Capable Nations
194 Nuclear Armed Nations

While there are only 46 nations in the top 5%. There are 194 that have nukes. That is over 20%.

This is obviously the result of an "easy" MP (plus some downward movement of previously top 5% that got nukes). I don't see any reason to lower the threshold to 10%, especially with the "easy" MP.

Besides, lowering it to 10% would mean that the required NS would be around 11,500 vs. the current 15,300, or about a 35% decrease. And additionally, there are 147 MP's in the game at this time and that represents 16% of all current nations, well higher than the proposed 10% threshold.

If the threshold is increased to 10%, the MP would have to be made more difficult to obtain.
[/quote]
I don't see why it would have to be more difficult to obtain, but my reply to the 147 MP's vs 50ish people being in the top 5%.. that means that 100 people had to spend the money on the MP while others bought different wonders, widening the gap between the top nations and others. If we're going to make the game more competitive, we either have to give more people the option of nukes or take away the nuke percentage (nukes based solely on MP purchase). Just my 2 cents.

(And yes, I completely forgot about this thread.)