CN:TE round 19 changes

Therm

[quote name='Therm' timestamp='1315113377' post='2794375']
Alliances have undergone a major revamp, owners can now ban/approve members, so ghosting should be less of a problem.

Also, alliance war/peace flags :D

(if you discover more please post them)
[/quote]
Allinaces were the only major change for this round, aside from 90 day rounds as compared to 60. I have plans to add more functionality behind the in-game alliance feature, but I'm saving that for future rounds. The alliance updates required A LOT of coding, and I don't want to roll out too many new features/changes without working out all the kinks in the new alliance feature first.

[quote name='Merovingian' timestamp='1315113617' post='2794380']
And if someone sets up an alliance who's not actually the owner... then what?
[/quote]
Don't alliance name squat. If you're not the legitimate owner of an alliance we have the ability to rename your alliance and warn you.

[quote name='bibliophile' timestamp='1315114795' post='2794428']
How exactly does the "Alliance War Range" work?
[/quote]
It will display nations in that alliance that are within your war range. Remember, nations have to be at least 1 day old to show up on any war rankings screens.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1315117179' post='2794469']
It will display nations in that alliance that are within your war range. Remember, nations have to be at least 1 day old to show up on any war rankings screens.
[/quote]

Thanks

How do you set an heir for an alliance? And in the changelog it said you can set ranks for members as well as giving others the power to administrate the alliance. How do you set that up, I haven't managed to find it yet.

edit: nevermind, I found it after some looking.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1315118148' post='2794478']
The alliance is deleted and everyone who was a member gets set to no alliance.
[/quote]
This seems like it could result in a lot of problems (people ragequitting, etc.). Would it be possible to (eventually) make this the same as the multiple heirs scenario, where ownership reverts to the nation with the highest seniority?

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1315113658' post='2794381']
Allinaces were the only major change for this round, aside from 90 day rounds as compared to 60. I have plans to add more functionality behind the in-game alliance feature, but I'm saving that for future rounds. The alliance updates required A LOT of coding, and I don't want to roll out too many new features/changes without working out all the kinks in the new alliance feature first.
[/quote]

Could you please provide more information on everything you did with alliances for those of us not entitled to ruling in TE? I'm assuming with the time you spent this will be rolled out to SE in there near-term, and I'd like to be "prepared" for it by then.

Thanks.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1315148743' post='2794600']
Could you please provide more information on everything you did with alliances for those of us not entitled to ruling in TE? I'm assuming with the time you spent this will be rolled out to SE in there near-term, and I'd like to be "prepared" for it by then.

Thanks.
[/quote]
I've provided a brief description about alliances [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Alliances"]here[/url]. I'm debating about adding the changes to SE. Alliances in CN Standard often have different structures than those in CN:TE. Since TE resets a hard coded alliance system works, but I don't know if that would work in SE with the way all the alliances are already so well established.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1315149580' post='2794605']
I've provided a brief description about alliances [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/about_topics.asp#Alliances"]here[/url]. I'm debating about adding the changes to SE. Alliances in CN Standard often have different structures than those in CN:TE. Since TE resets a hard coded alliance system works, but I don't know if that would work in SE with the way all the alliances are already so well established.
[/quote]

I don't see the problem I suppose with moving it to SE then. The benefits of having everything far outweigh any changes that would need to be made in order to elect an in-game leader. Of course, more modifications still need to be made to the system in my opinion, small tweaks here and there and things we will probably learn as the TE round progresses. But ghost removal, links to key locations, flags, that is all things alliances would rather have than not have, even if their government structure isn't ideal for how you set it up.

First thing I notice with this set-up though, is that the 'approval messages' could use some personal touches by admins. Allow you to put links to locations, etc. Or when you go to 'join' an alliance, have a message automatically sent that was designed by the admin as well.

I hope the potential in this to add a lot of coding time isn't going to turn you off to rolling it into SE, it has the promise to add some renewed spirit to mechanics.

I, too, support making alliances an ingame feature.

I don't see that the transition would be difficult-- just assign ownership to the three highest seniority members of each alliance and make then transferable by an offer/accept system like trades or aid, though only if both are alliance members. If an owner deletes or changes AA, his/her ownership automatically defaults to the highest seniority non-owner in the alliance. Then let alliances talk the initial owners into transferring ownership in accordance with alliance law or custom. No reason for admin to get involved in alliance affairs.

Maybe in case of megadrama, make it so that two owners could strip the third of ownership?

Full disclosure: I'm not playing TE this round-- update attacks are too much for me. But I playing another game with a system like that.

The new features in TE are welcome but I have to admit to a disappointment that still nothing has changed in SE and in particular the resource choice system. This isn't a thing I personally need as I have two good resources in wheat/uranium and have never had any problems maintaining a stable circle but over and over I see old timers disappearing due to the difficulty in trying to maintain trades with poor native resources and this attrition of old players is compounded by new players who roll poor resources and can't ever get full trades far less a constructed circle just giving up and tiring of it. It really is long past time to implement a resource choice system for the sake of the game. I believe this would go a long way to halting the current seemingly terminal decline.

[quote name='Overlord Wes' timestamp='1315183601' post='2794988']
Is currently there a way to transfer ownership to an heir without seniority being reset ?
[/quote]

Are you asking if you can change owner without leaving the alliance which resets alliance seniority?

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1315113936' post='2794394']
You can change the owner by assigning an heir and then leaving the alliance. If you assign multiple heirs it will go to the heir with the longest seniority in the alliance.
[/quote]

As it stands, you do have to leave the alliance and it will reset your alliance seniority. If you are concerned that a previous owner might run into difficulty regaining ownership all that would have to be done is make sure there is only one heir set, or are you mostly just wondering about alliance seniority, because this is an interesting subject.

[b]For others, please note[/b]: the topic of the thread is about the changes in TE, please try to keep this discussion about TE. Remember, posting without a matching TE nation in the TE forums is against the rules.

[quote name='Allan a Dale' timestamp='1315193236' post='2795057']
Are you asking if you can change owner without leaving the alliance which resets alliance seniority?

As it stands, you do have to leave the alliance and it will reset your alliance seniority. If you are concerned that a previous owner might run into difficulty regaining ownership all that would have to be done is make sure there is only one heir set, or are you mostly just wondering about alliance seniority, because this is an interesting subject.

[b]For others, please note[/b]: the topic of the thread is about the changes in TE, please try to keep this discussion about TE. Remember, posting without a matching TE nation in the TE forums is against the rules.
[/quote]
Yeah, I think it'll be especially important if this every goes to SE. Have ownership be able to be changed without the current owner leaving the AA. So yes, the concern is over losing AA seniority.

[quote name='Allan a Dale' timestamp='1315193236' post='2795057']
[/quote]

I was more concerned about the seniority. Here's a hypothetical situation:

Alliance 'Kings R Us' has a government system where the King is the supreme ruler and stays in power until resignation. As such, he would have ownership of the Alliance Affiliation. After 4 years of leading KrU, the King decides to hand the thrown on to someone else, but wishes to show his dedication to KrU via his very long seniority. If the current system stays, he would have to either stay as owner of the AA despite not being the 'owner,' or have his seniority reset to zero.

Of course, this would only apply to SE, since in TE seniorities don't really get that high.