Ordo Paradoxia Creation

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1315170396' post='2794825']
But that's just like, my opinion man.
[/quote]

It is all well and good that it is your opinion, but expect to be mocked should said opinion be held quite ridiculous. Which in your case, it is quite ridiculous. Frankly, the act of roguing itself is usually quite ballsy since most do not have the guts it takes to effectively send your nation to its destruction. Now, playing to your enemies strengths is not exactly ballsy all the time. In this case, it is quite stupid. Wasting your WC buying up to stay in the 80-100k+ range would mean your nation would not last nearly as long as if you went down to the mid-tier to lower-tier range and basically take out some nations there, gaining free tech and rebuilding, then buying up to fight in the 80-100k range for a round or two.

What you suggest is a very short term strategy. What I and others have stated is more long term and would end up causing much more damage than what you suggest.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315171399' post='2794832']
It is all well and good that it is your opinion, but expect to be mocked should said opinion be held quite ridiculous. Which in your case, it is quite ridiculous. Frankly, the act of roguing itself is usually quite ballsy since most do not have the guts it takes to effectively send your nation to its destruction. Now, playing to your enemies strengths is not exactly ballsy all the time. In this case, it is quite stupid. Wasting your WC buying up to stay in the 80-100k+ range would mean your nation would not last nearly as long as if you went down to the mid-tier to lower-tier range and basically take out some nations there, gaining free tech and rebuilding, then buying up to fight in the 80-100k range for a round or two.

What you suggest is a very short term strategy. What I and others have stated is more long term and would end up causing much more damage than what you suggest.
[/quote]

Having balls does not mean being smart. I said if he had balls, this is what he would do. I never said if he wanted to inflict maximum damage, or maximize his WC, or any of the above that you described.

The act of roguing is not ballsy if your endgame is kicking around at low level NS busting tech sellers for a year with a ton of cash in your WC.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1315172856' post='2794850']
Having balls does not mean being smart. I said if he had balls, this is what he would do. I never said if he wanted to inflict maximum damage, or maximize his WC, or any of the above that you described.

The act of roguing is not ballsy if your endgame is kicking around at low level NS busting tech sellers for a year with a ton of cash in your WC.
[/quote]
OK buddy...

[img]http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/whystilltalking.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

It takes balls to go rogue. It is dumb not to maximize damage against your target regardless of your WC. Having balls and being smart about hurting your target are much better than having more balls to lessen your impact and hit a higher end target for a longer period of time. You also forget that most rogues don't get the opportunity to pick their targets, as they are in anarchy. The targets are picked by the alliance/s they are fighting.

[quote name='FlogYou' timestamp='1315171905' post='2794839']
I would be thrilled to see some stats.

Maybe a running total of GA wins/losses, nuke damage and such. Maybe a pie chart or two, suprise me!
[/quote]

I'm going back to college soon, so I won't have time to keep that many stats... I'm keeping track of warchests and infra/tech levels.

Here is the first nuke against Xiphosis!

[quote]To: Xiphosis From: Vladimir Stukov II Date: 9/4/2011 9:05:47 AM

Subject: Nuclear Attack
Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Vladimir Stukov II. Your fallout shelters have limited the damage caused by this attack. You lost 26711 soldiers, 3873 defending tanks, 13 cruise missiles, 430.265 miles of land, 143.422 technology, 430.265 infrastructure, 50% of your aircraft, and 18% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience several days of economic devastation.[/quote]

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1315169914' post='2794816']
I wouldn't consider it a great tactic in alliance wide wars that could last awhile, but what's the point of being a rogue with 1.8B .
[/quote]

vlad has more than 1.8 billion, also the point of going rogue is to be as big of a nuisance as possible and spending as less money as possible. So keep re-buying infra is a silly idea.

also please tell me NATO re-buys infra during war cuz if so i'm going to love fighting you

Edited by Timberland

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Counterpoint: You're in NATO. Who are you to be talking to Vladimir Stukov about what is or is not "ballsy?"[/color]

[/quote]

If you ever decide to go rogue, please for the love of admin, go rogue on DT. Please, please, please.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' timestamp='1315173923' post='2794870']
I'm going back to college soon, so I won't have time to keep that many stats... I'm keeping track of warchests and infra/tech levels.

Here is the first nuke against Xiphosis!
[/quote]
Xiphosis needs to get rid of the useless fallout shelter. I'm surprised he has it considering his experience. Delete it asap, IMO.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315177112' post='2794903']
Oh how times have changed.
[/quote]

Someone else tried to make this claim earlier. This is not true. Rogues have generally been hailed by those who dislike the alliance being rogues and jeered by those allied to the alliance. It is rare that the community collectively jeers a rogue. I remember when Ivan Elterrible rogued GATO (i believe) and was hailed for it. That was a couple of years ago. I remember the rogues that hit the top 4-5 nations and were hailed for it. That was 3 years ago i believe.

So, to state that times have changed because a rogue is being hailed is disingenuous.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315177471' post='2794908']
Someone else tried to make this claim earlier. This is not true. Rogues have generally been hailed by those who dislike the alliance being rogues and jeered by those allied to the alliance. It is rare that the community collectively jeers a rogue. I remember when Ivan Elterrible rogued GATO (i believe) and was hailed for it. That was a couple of years ago. I remember the rogues that hit the top 4-5 nations and were hailed for it. That was 3 years ago i believe.

So, to state that times have changed because a rogue is being hailed is disingenuous.
[/quote]

Oh, criminals in this town used to believe in things. Honor. Respect. Look at you! What do you believe in, huh? WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?

(lol.)

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315177685' post='2794910']
Oh, criminals in this town used to believe in things. Honor. Respect. Look at you! What do you believe in, huh? WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?

(lol.)
[/quote]

Is that supposed to somehow refute my statement? I never stated what I believed in at all. I have neither supported nor condemned Vladimir's actions. I simply refuted your claim that the times have changed by showing evidence is that is quite old about how times are the same.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1315177809' post='2794912']
Is that supposed to somehow refute my statement? I never stated what I believed in at all. I have neither supported nor condemned Vladimir's actions. I simply refuted your claim that the times have changed by showing evidence is that is quite old about how times are the same.
[/quote]

OOC: It's a quote from The Dark Knight. :lol1: /OOC

It's more to do with the way of going about it, which, irrefutably has certainly changed over time.

I'm not here to convince or persuade anyone, so you may take that as it is.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1315170330' post='2794823']
[color="#0000FF"]Seems like you were offering your unsolicited opinion to Vlad. Considering how unimpressive your own alliance is perhaps it would be more productive to share your views with those who it might help. Go back to the kids' table.[/color]
[/quote]

You're in X alliance so your point is invalid.

[img]http://www.thecrimsoncrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/There-is-a-dinosaur-riding-on-a-sharks-back-with-a-laser-Your-argument-is-invalid.jpg[/img]

[quote]
To: Xiphosis From: Vladimir Stukov II Date: 9/4/2011 9:05:47 AM

Subject: Nuclear Attack
Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Vladimir Stukov II. Your fallout shelters have limited the damage caused by this attack. You lost 26711 soldiers, 3873 defending tanks, 13 cruise missiles, 430.265 miles of land, 143.422 technology, 430.265 infrastructure, 50% of your aircraft, and 18% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience several days of economic devastation.[/quote]

As much as I love to see this. Who carries that many CM's?

CM's are a buy and fire not a keep on hand item.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1315177685' post='2794910']

(lol.)
[/quote]

Like the honor in respecting and adhering to deals made right? Instead of you know, reneging on those deals. :3