An SOS Brigade Announcement

Bernkastel

As much as I dislike SOS, you can't blame them for that 'war' not blowing up. The majority of people on both sides (not in SOS or NsO) were praying that nothing would come of it because they might not have enough warchest left over to come out of another war completely unscathed and with some extra cash. As soon as SOS' side saw that they'd get rolled, they pushed for peace. Once peace was on the table, everyone on the other side refused to back NsO up because they didn't want to have to fight. When I say everyone, though, I don't mean everyone; just a large, vocal majority.

But that's not what this thread is about. Happy birthday, SOS Brigade. I won't be a dick and insult you in your birthday thread.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314906410' post='2792405']Once peace was on the table, everyone on the other side refused to back NsO up because they didn't want to have to fight.
[/quote]People where ready to backup NsO, still people where ready to jump a lot of hoops to not escalate it and get peace. It was even the main goal before peace talks started.

Hello! Insignificant layman here! Yea it's me again. Remember me? Probably not. I didn't play an instrumental role in anything. But alas, it's a birthday thread of an alliance I used to be proud to be in so why not? I haven't posted anything thoughtful in OWRP in a while so here goes.

Arrnea, you're a magnificent !@#$%^& I can tell you. The very fact that the Brigade has survived this long is almost solely due to your hardheadedness. It's a shame really that you couldn't have picked a better alliance or cause to support, but I still respect you for never giving up on what you think is right.

Bern, I still think you're one of the biggest !@#$%s I know. Sorry bro but there's nothing you can do to change that. I remember how we used to joke about what would happen to SOS if you became Chief. But it honestly wasn't as bad as we imagined.

Utracia, change your avatar to something that [i]isn't[/i] Holo, please? ^_^

The rest of SOS, I know you joined for the same reason as I did. For the great community and the laid-back feel. Let the haters sip on the haterade. I greatly enjoyed my time in SOS and I hope you guys do too.

In regards to the thing about a year ago (I think). It was quite unfortunate. I really wish I could send a D-mail to undo it all. But the fact is that it's happened, and as far as we know the future isn't predetermined. So let's do our best and make it as bright as we can.

Irrelevant pacifist, out!

Edit: I didn't know those two words are actually filtered out on these forums. :blink:

Edited by lordliam

[quote name='Artigo' timestamp='1314854021' post='2792005']
Why isn't this a disbandment?
[/quote]

Don't worry. With Balsam... I mean, Bernkastel, running the show, a disbandment shouldn't be too far off.

Happy Birthday to the members of the SOS Brigade! Whatever the past may have brought and whatever the future may hold, in the here and now of the present congratulations on making it to 2 years.

Some get what they want. Some get what they need. And a very few get what they deserve. Here is hoping that whatever you get on your birthday it is something you will appreciate. :D

[quote name='Timur' timestamp='1315025597' post='2793456']
Hey so im curious, do you guys have trouble sleeping at night knowing you apparently played a large role in causing the NPO/Invicta downgrade? Do you feel guilty? huh do ya? Homewreckers. :mad:
[/quote]

Despite what logic and the context of our downgrade with NPO might lead you to believe, the truth is that the SOS treaty was far from the only reason, and not the biggest either though I understand why you might think otherwise. On the subject of the reasons for the downgrade, however, I will say no more.

I respectfully request that you (and others) not talk of things that you know nothing about. I also respectfully request that you not insult the ally of your ally in their own birthday thread.

Thank you very much. :)

Also:
[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1315023215' post='2793442']
All. Weeaboo's. Must. Die. and. with. !@#$%*. anime. Please. get. a. social. life.
[/quote]

BRB, changing my avatar picture [i]just[/i] for you! :P^_^

Edited by ShotgunWilly

All. Weeaboo's. Must. Die. and. with. !@#$%*. anime. Please. get. a. social. life.
[/quote]

Some things are worse than anime themed alliances. If you can spot it hiding in this thread I won't give you anything.

Edited by Emperor Marx

[/quote]

Dude, who cares what they're themed as? Who is to say you're any more right than they are? For $%&@ sake, your'e attacking people for lacking a social life on the open world forum.

Sure, I don't exactly love weeaboos that much, and honestly, I've never liked anime more than I like taking a painful dump, but it gets a little annoying to see people like you constantly degrading other alliances for themes seen as "Stupid", when in reality, you're no better.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Remember, the golden rule we were all taught?

[quote name='ShotgunWilly' timestamp='1315028157' post='2793493']
Despite what logic and the context of our downgrade with NPO might lead you to believe, the truth is that the SOS treaty was far from the only reason, and not the biggest either though I understand why you might think otherwise. On the subject of the reasons for the downgrade, however, I will say no more.

I respectfully request that you (and others) not talk of things that you know nothing about. I also respectfully request that you not insult the ally of your ally in their own birthday thread.

[/quote]

I respectfully request that you realize that regardless of your argument against how significant it was, you conceded the point that it was at the very least among the contributing factors, thus my opinion evidently wasn't as clueless as you made it out to be. I also respectfully request that you not take my post seriously as an insult.....it was a joke with no ill wishes meant towards you or the SOS brigade, the correct response looked something like this: :lol1:

[quote name='Timur' timestamp='1315037891' post='2793578']
I respectfully request that you realize that regardless of your argument against how significant it was, you conceded the point that it was at the very least among the contributing factors, thus my opinion evidently wasn't as clueless as you made it out to be. I also respectfully request that you not take my post seriously as an insult.....it was a joke with no ill wishes meant towards you or the SOS brigade, the correct response looked something like this: :lol1:

[/quote]

Sorry, when a hell of a lot of people do actually mean it, you can get a little touchy :(

Please. get. a. social. life.
[/quote]

:lol1: lol, look who's talking

[quote name='Timur' timestamp='1315025597' post='2793456']
Hey so im curious, do you guys have trouble sleeping at night knowing you apparently played a large role in causing the NPO/Invicta downgrade? Do you feel guilty? huh do ya? Homewreckers. :mad:
[/quote]

Not really. I don't see why I should be having trouble sleeping at night and I don't feel guilty in the least and I don't see why I should.