So Long

Moridin

Having recently passed the five-year mark on my nation, I have decided it's time to move on. I can't really find the motivation anymore to continue playing; hell, I haven't even bothered to fix my trades since February. My involvement in CN politics has degenerated to the level of general annoyance at most people and alliances, and that with that mindset the game is no longer enjoyable. In the absence of the faintest desire to continue onward, I will be letting my nation reach 25 days and delete.

It's been a fun five years, and I'm happy to be able to say I really don't have any regrets. There've been ups and downs, but there's not really anything I've done that I would want to go back and change. I've made good friends, and - I think - relatively fewer enemies. And before someone hijacks this thread to talk about how the game is in some unstoppable decline, I want to make it clear that I'm not quitting because there's any problem with CN. I've put far more hours into this game than any other, and the fact that it's taken [i]this long[/i] for me to become bored of it is a testament to how enjoyable it truly is.

[i]I've put this off for far too long. I regret to announce that this is the end. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Goodbye.

[/i]*vanishes*[i]
[/i]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my hope that in the 5 years that you were here that you learned something from the experience, whether it was about the behaviors of others or yourself. Some (many) come here and learn nothing. That is their loss, for there is much to be learned.

Over the years you and I came to agree on much. I will however disagree with you on the point that there is nothing to stick around for after all this time. Even if this world is on the latter third of the novel, there is still plenty of action to be had and the possibility that this is not the end, but merely the first volume.

Come back and visit with us in a few months. If you like what you see, roll up a new nation and join me at Valhalla. You will be welcomed.