Quick Tetris Announcement

Hereno

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1314668812' post='2790730']
I'll tell him to stop. Okay? We don't need any more arguing ITT
[/quote]

This is not the official position of Tetris.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314668952' post='2790733']
To: Methrage From: dane0 Date: 8/29/2011 11:02:38 AM

Subject: Spy Operation Attack

Message: A spy operation has been launched against your nation. The attacking spies were given the following order: Gather Intelligence. In the attack your counter intelligence systems prevailed and managed to thwart the attack. Your counter spies managed to kill 1 enemy spies.

I also see you spying me, Tetris has made a new enemy. Hopefully I can get this Non Grata nonsense cleared up soon and focus my attention on those more deserving.
[/quote]

We look forward to it.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Motorfist' timestamp='1314669795' post='2790746']
"Literally" has [u]nothing[/u] to do with us...OK...if you say so.

While we may not be at peace with you, I can assure you we have become victorious in what we set out to achieve.
[/quote]

No. It does not. If you observe Shotgun's behavior in the thread, I'm sure you can see why we did.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314670033' post='2790751']
No. It does not. If you observe Shotgun's behavior in the thread, I'm sure you can see why we did.
[/quote]

While you could argue that we are not the main reason, I don't believe you could say we had nothing to do with it. At the very least, we were the catalyst.

I have read his replies and from my brief history with jonathan buck I would venture to say they are not typical of his character.

And give him a break about the whole he hasn't fought since 7/24, Tetris' last offensive war was on the same date.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314667463' post='2790706']
Our problem is not in fighting rogues and finding solutions to rogue problems, but in dealing with unappreciative idiots.
[/quote]
If you did a bad job, then what are they supposed to be appreciating?

[quote name='Motorfist' timestamp='1314671040' post='2790763']

And give him a break about the whole he hasn't fought since 7/24, Tetris' last offensive war was on the same date.
[/quote]

Still negates his point about how many wars and nukes he's eaten.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314672522' post='2790776']
Still negates his point about how many wars and nukes he's eaten.
[/quote]

Well, I don't recall how many of each he claims but a quick look at the nuke reports states 12 nukes within the last month and the last one sent by rfk on 8/15. It appears that rfk or jbuck have deleted at least one of their wars. That month also includes 5 days in which he peaced out.

I would think that 12 nukes in the last month is equal to or greater than any single nation in Tetris has taken. Maybe not, we have sent a ton of nukes your way.

That said, we have become bored with your alliance as the mission has been accomplished and there are no more nations in our NS that are worth fighting. We have moved on and if you wish to proceed with trying to attack us, good luck finding a slot.

Edited for clarification.

Edited by Motorfist

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1314672173' post='2790775']
If you did a bad job, then what are they supposed to be appreciating?
[/quote]

Well, it's not that they need to be appreciative in the sense of telling us how great we are for protecting them. I wouldn't expect even a 'thank you'; although one would be nice, it's simply not necessary. We're a sovereign alliance and we protected them, and subsequently followed through on that protection of our own accord. We were no coerced, and they never asked us for this protection.

My problem lies in then giving us lip for not overstretching our lower tier which is already in poor shape from fighting nuke rogues with WRC's and several-hundred-million-dollar warchests. Our upper tier sent them aid, even if that meant our smaller nations would be doing without for now, and our lower tier nations fought the best they could with all the help we could give them. For a 1m NS alliance, I think we did a fantastic job as protectors. Sanctioned alliances have problems dealing with rogues who have nukes and WRC's in their 8k NS range.

To post this announcement then, and have the likes of AirMe and Johnathan Buck air all of this in public as though we sat back and watched Rome burn is inappropriate, insulting, and precisely the kind of behavior that caused us to drop the protection in the first place. If that's an unreasonable position to take, then I'm an unreasonable person.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314675329' post='2790799']
Well, it's not that they need to be appreciative in the sense of telling us how great we are for protecting them. I wouldn't expect even a 'thank you'; although one would be nice, it's simply not necessary. We're a sovereign alliance and we protected them, and subsequently followed through on that protection of our own accord. We were no coerced, and they never asked us for this protection.

My problem lies in then giving us lip for not overstretching our lower tier which is already in poor shape from fighting nuke rogues with WRC's and several-hundred-million-dollar warchests. Our upper tier sent them aid, even if that meant our smaller nations would be doing without for now, and our lower tier nations fought the best they could with all the help we could give them. For a 1m NS alliance, I think we did a fantastic job as protectors. Sanctioned alliances have problems dealing with rogues who have nukes and WRC's in their 8k NS range.

To post this announcement then, and have the likes of AirMe and Johnathan Buck air all of this in public as though we sat back and watched Rome burn is inappropriate, insulting, and precisely the kind of behavior that caused us to drop the protection in the first place. If that's an unreasonable position to take, then I'm an unreasonable person.
[/quote]
I can understand your feelings on the matter having dealt with crummy protectorates myself, but they've said just what you've said. You weren't able to give them the protection needed and the operation suffered. It might be bad manners for them to say so in public, but I think it's probably equally in poor taste to act like you did them such a [i]huge [/i]favor and to say anything otherwise--even if it is true--is a big insult when you really didn't.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1314677820' post='2790822']
Why nations other than LordChozo are flying NAAC AA? AirMe you should protect just Lord Chozo IMO.
[/quote]

I seeked permission from chozo, han is a original member and asriel is a original member.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1314676331' post='2790804']
Congrats to Zombie Squad on their glorious victory. :wub:
[/quote]

Thank you.

[/quote]

I somewhat understand where you're coming from and you seem reasonable. If we were dealing with you rather than USMC, much of the aggression towards your alliance may have been avoided. We continued and intensified our attacks on Tetris due to USMC's arrogance.

Your alliance is not as high and mighty as you are leading everyone to believe. Don't forget that you severed ties with State of Unified Nations 2 hours after they came in to help you out. Now that was inappropriate.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314678576' post='2790833']
Provide examples of such arrogance please.
[/quote]

Since we have not had a conversation on irc and none of the 99 messages in my inbox are from you, I can't.

However, I believe you have just shown an example of your arrogance. The only thing you replied to from my last post was the comment regarding your arrogance. You did not even address how you paid a member of SUN to come after me then cancelled your treaty with them 2 hours later.

[quote name='Motorfist' timestamp='1314681126' post='2790848']
Since we have not had a conversation on irc and none of the 99 messages in my inbox are from you, I can't.

However, I believe you have just shown an example of your arrogance. The only thing you replied to from my last post was the comment regarding your arrogance. You did not even address how you paid a member of SUN to come after me then cancelled your treaty with them 2 hours later.
[/quote]

If you are on IRC, I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you. Being said, I don't see how that has anything to do with my own personal arrogance and how that relates to your hostilities towards us. To add to the irony, it was Hereno who cancelled on SUN. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me no?

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1314682016' post='2790851']
If you are on IRC, I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you. Being said, I don't see how that has anything to do with my own personal arrogance and how that relates to your hostilities towards us. To add to the irony, it was Hereno who cancelled on SUN. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me no?
[/quote]

Now you want to discuss this on irc? After all the refusals you gave us because we apparently weren't worthy to discuss terms with you? Another error on your part. As Tetris' military commander, you really need to ask yourself if you have done [u]anything[/u] right during this ordeal.

And I apologize for my poor choice of words in my previous post. I did not mean to insinuate that you, personally, cancelled your treaty with SUN, but that your alliance did.

[quote name='Motorfist' timestamp='1314682915' post='2790854']
Now you want to discuss this on irc? After all the refusals you gave us because we apparently weren't worthy to discuss terms with you? Another error on your part. As Tetris' military commander, you really need to ask yourself if you have done [u]anything[/u] right during this ordeal.

And I apologize for my poor choice of words in my previous post. I did not mean to insinuate that you, personally, cancelled your treaty with SUN, but that your alliance did.
[/quote]

I never once refused to speak to you about terms. That is a lie.

Well, it's not that they need to be appreciative in the sense of telling us how great we are for protecting them. I wouldn't expect even a 'thank you'; although one would be nice, it's simply not necessary.
[/quote]

Errrrr....the hell? Great? We fought ourselves out of most of it, as you see by the past posts. But I'm not gonna argue this one, i have my reasons for not being all that grateful and bowing to the needs to be thankful for someone protecting people that never asked for it in the first place. Ronin has protected us on a need to know basis which is fine, usually we can handle our own issues in game sometimes chozo likes to come to the forums which sometimes will spike a response from people....well most of the time.

[/quote]

From what i learned from USMC the other night is your alliance was ill prepared for this protection, i warned you guys of what we had faced in the past. Did you take the warning? It doesn't seem like it, this is why i am so hostile within my posting. Yes that last sentence is right about sanctioned alliances having issues with 8K to 20K NS nations with WRC's and nukes, but that's what we had to deal with post Karma war and last war if you remember correctly.

In my opinion you as an alliance your performance was horrid in this, now notice i said as an "alliance" NOT individual members. Troop and dane0 are the only ones i know of that stuck it out and fought within your alliance till the end of their wars, i asked for some aid to be sent to the other nations within the AA cause they needed it at the start yes. But the bad thing is i had to come alert you guys to what was going on with the attacks and i find that really poor.

[/quote]

Never did i say you sat back and watched, if you read my posts i blasted you for not being prepared or coordinated enough.

Also you weren't in the channel last night, the only two members who were was Trooper and USMC. Your basing this off of two members who one i respected and encouraged before the argument broke out, you were never in the channel. Maybe you saw logs but how can you be sure all were correct and not modified due to personal bias on USMC's part? Not saying he did just putting that out there as a possibility.

In all reality if you look at the wars, tetris lower tier did get the literal crap knocked out of them. I do hope you guys learned a lesson from all of this with your lower tier, one that can be pointed out is be-wary of how much of a NS range you decide to protect. At our levels NS goes quick, higher levels not so much.

Also your aid is back in two of your nations that just got out of war i hope your happy with my choice of nations.

Also this is as calm as your going to get with me right now.

Edited by johnathan buck