Angevins visit Vienna?

Maelstrom Vortex

After being called to return to his state from the funeral of the Slavorussian Empress, Geoffrey realized he still had a visit to pay the Austrians. Geoffrey decided his best course of action would be to visit the Austrians now. He contacted their Minister of Foreign Affairs or equivalent.

[quote]
## Diplomatic Cable ##

Dear Jessika Adler,

I still owe Austria a visit and wish to visit Vienna. Catherine is kind of excited because she loves Vienna and has always wanted to go there. Her abuse of my wallet will likely fill your coffers and maybe we can plan a mutually beneficial future.

With Care,
Geoffrey Plantagenet IX
Angevin King
[/quote]

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

[quote]

[i]Your Excellency,

I appreciate your concern in repairing Angevin France's relations with the Empire after this unfortunate incident within the protectorate. Indeed, Austria has not any formal contact with your nation, even with our close proximity to each other and Her Majesty does agree that some form of dialogue to make sure problems such as your rogue general do not happen again. I will alert the proper authorities of you and your wife's arrival in Vienna and the Empress has agreed to an audience at Hofburg Palace. She anxiously awaits the arrival of your entourage.

Sincerely,

Jessika Adler
Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs[/i]
[/quote]

When Plantagenet's plane finally arrived in Vienna, the ceremony was one that was indeed fit for a King and Queen. Angevin flags were placed along side Austrian ones as a red velvet carpet was rolled out between a line of Imperial Guards with swords raised with a Royal March of French origin playing in the background as they were led towards where Jessika Adler waited with a carriage bound for Hofburg Palace. The Foreign Minister bowed, her long brown hair tied tightly back in a ponytail and her ministerial sash of red and white proudly displayed on her chest. "Your Majesties, it is a pleasure to meet you both and let me be the first to welcome you to Austria and Gorgeous Vienna. If you would come with me, I will be taking you to Hofburg Palace. The Empress is excited for this meeting."

She opened the door of the carriage and let Geoffrey and his wife inside before climbing in herself. From there, the Rococo-style motorcade, if you could call it that, traveled down the paved roads of Vienna towards the palace. The city had come alive since the Restoration of the Hapsburgs, salons and conservatories displayed the latest fashions in style and music and many turned to stare as the carriage pulled in through the gilded gates. "I have heard rumors in Athenian circles that your nation will be inheriting Paris soon. Perhaps then a true rivalry can be rebirthed, Paris and Vienna competing as usual for claim to the true heart of Europe." Jessika laughed as Imperial Guards opened the doors alerting the King and Queen that they had arrived.

From there, Jessika led the Angevins through Hofburg Palace towards the Imperial Throne Room. With the triumphal blast of the Te Deum, glass doors were opened revealing an expansive room of hardwood floors. A young woman sat on a red velvet chair across the room, she wore a white gown with a sparkling tiara set on her blonde head. She smiled and adjusted the sash of the Empress hung over her shoulders and rose from her throne, she was the Empress Maria Theresia the Second. "King Geoffrey, Queen Catherine, welcome to Austria." Her blue eyes sparkled as she stepped down onto the floor. "It is a true pleasure to meet you both. I am under the impression you have asked for my audience after the unfortunate event in France. Tell me, King Geoffrey, of what do I owe the pleasure of the King of the Angevins?"

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' timestamp='1314491853' post='2789615']
When Plantagenet's plane finally arrived in Vienna, the ceremony was one that was indeed fit for a King and Queen. Angevin flags were placed along side Austrian ones as a red velvet carpet was rolled out between a line of Imperial Guards with swords raised with a Royal March of French origin playing in the background as they were led towards where Jessika Adler waited with a carriage bound for Hofburg Palace. The Foreign Minister bowed, her long brown hair tied tightly back in a ponytail and her ministerial sash of red and white proudly displayed on her chest. "Your Majesties, it is a pleasure to meet you both and let me be the first to welcome you to Austria and Gorgeous Vienna. If you would come with me, I will be taking you to Hofburg Palace. The Empress is excited for this meeting."[/quote]

"As are we." Geoffrey smiled. "It is a pleasure to see you in person Ms. Adler. The Austrian throne truly knows how to pick a jewel to represent them." Geoffrey was clad in a light red and gold suit for travel, the color of his coat of arms. Although he had his portrait made in ancient garb, he was a modern monarch.

Christine nodded to Jessika. "It truly is gorgeous. Thank you for your warm welcome. I cannot wait to see the palace." They followed the lead into the carriage. She wore a white dress suit that went to her ankles. Neither wore a crown, they really didn't feel it necessary.

[quote]
She opened the door of the carriage and let Geoffrey and his wife inside before climbing in herself. From there, the Rococo-style motorcade, if you could call it that, traveled down the paved roads of Vienna towards the palace. The city had come alive since the Restoration of the Hapsburgs, salons and conservatories displayed the latest fashions in style and music and many turned to stare as the carriage pulled in through the gilded gates. "I have heard rumors in Athenian circles that your nation will be inheriting Paris soon. Perhaps then a true rivalry can be rebirthed, Paris and Vienna competing as usual for claim to the true heart of Europe." Jessika laughed as Imperial Guards opened the doors alerting the King and Queen that they had arrived.
[/quote]

"If we have a rivalry at all, it shall be about who can build the most beautiful state. That's the only kind of rivalry I enjoy." Geoffrey chuckled. "But yes, I am hoping it is true. Reassembling France has been difficult, but the people deserve it and only the best of my efforts to do so."

Christine was busy admiring the sites as they passed by whilst her husband talked with Jessika. "I think I see a few fashions we can borrow for the fight." She smiled.

[quote]
From there, Jessika led the Angevins through Hofburg Palace towards the Imperial Throne Room. With the triumphal blast of the Te Deum, glass doors were opened revealing an expansive room of hardwood floors. A young woman sat on a red velvet chair across the room, she wore a white gown with a sparkling tiara set on her blonde head. She smiled and adjusted the sash of the Empress hung over her shoulders and rose from her throne, she was the Empress Maria Theresia the Second. "King Geoffrey, Queen Catherine, welcome to Austria." Her blue eyes sparkled as she stepped down onto the floor. "It is a true pleasure to meet you both. I am under the impression you have asked for my audience after the unfortunate event in France. Tell me, King Geoffrey, of what do I owe the pleasure of the King of the Angevins?"
[/quote]

"More a debt of time. I've been meaning to visit Vienna for some time, if not merely to satisfy my wife's desire to wonder the lands and to admire the sites thereof; of which Austria has many of its own. But truly, I have come to discuss ways in which to proceed forwards that will make both our peoples content. So, I was wondering, what would you feel is appropriate in advancing our co-operation in the future of Europa? We both have ties to Athens, but none betwixt ourselves and I think it would be good to remedy said state of affairs. If Athens and Austria do see fit to see us reunited with East France.. you both will undoubtedly wish your troops on the German border. We need to at the least arrange for this."

As the discussion started, Theresia mentioned servants to bring forward to chairs for Geoffrey and Christine before sitting back down on her throne. "You must understand the gravity of the situation, Herr König. Whether it was a rogue attack or not, French civilians and Austrian soldiers, both under the protection of my Governor were killed and so I do expect some compensation to be given to the families of those who perished as well as repairs made for the damaged infrastructure of Paris. Normally, this would constitute war between Angevin France and Hapsburg Austria, but given your ties to our allies in Athens, I am more than willing to look for more diplomatic situations in this scenario.

However, this attack, from what I can understand was because of supposed Legionnaire positions in the region. The African Legion is one of Austria's greatest and truest allies and so I have to weigh this situation out carefully." She leaned on one side of her throne and closed her eyes for a moment. Then after opening, the Empress nodded. "Angevin France desires a closer relationship with Austria, then what I expect is a movement in your own country to respect the rights of the Legionnaires on the northern coast and the small parcel of land Austria would like to cede to them for further farming. Rest assured, it will be nothing to interfere with the interior of France, only coastal regions heading towards Belgium. That respect for our ally would go a long way in garnering Austria's respect and friendship in Europe.

That said," she continued, "If Angevin France is to become a power in Europe, Austria would like to have some dialogue available to us. Better to monitor each other to keep mishaps from happening. As for Germany, that is Athens' fear and Athens' fear alone. Austria is strongly tied to Germany and I cannot imagine our northern, albeit misconstrued, brethren would violate France or any other Athenian influenced territory. We man the border, but we man it for nothing. If Germany crosses Europe again, as Haas had done before, it will be Berlin's final curtain call."

"All I care about.. more than anything.. is France. It is my life, my blood, my all.. I would give all for her and my people and do anything to prevent their suffering or oppression of their liberty. That is the one reason I remain King. She is King of my heart, only ahead of her is my Wife. And Christine knows this, she gets jealous of my dedication to duty sometimes as it sometimes prevents us from being together."

Christine sighed a bit.

"See, even now she laments my duties?" He chuckled.

Christine looked to him, "But it is your passion I love you for. So, it balances itself."