A merger you all heard about months ago

Randalla

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1314455785' post='2789303']
I know you think that was cute and clever and whatnot, and kudos to you on whatever makes you smile. [B]Three long-time allies[/b] who come together because the planet is a watered down hellhole made up of [B]too many micros and the AzN merger of protectorates who were so obviously failing[/b], [B]while the whole time espousing how proud they were of one anothers accomplishments[/b], are not all the equivalent. My verbal assault is not intended at the former Amazon Nation, but rather at the ridiculous policy of protecting any alliance that is pre-destined to fail, simply because you want to be seen as benevolent and helpful. Hopefully this new incarnation will not hand out protectorates to any alliance they hear sneeze off in the distance, but looking at those involved, I fear I am doomed to disappointment.
[/quote]

#1) at least 4 long-term allies. Myself, Rand, Max, and Ez.

#2) Where's the proof that we were so obviously failing? :awesome: were you stalking us because you :wub: us??

#3) Where were those threads? :huh:

Sorry dude, you don't know us, we don't know you, and now it's too late to find out. None of us were failing, we were showing growth and improvement, but decided we would all rather be under one roof :) This announcement isn't about our former alliances as you've seemed to have made it, it's about our new alliance.

o/ The Apparatus.

[size="1"]haters gonna hate. [/size]

This is interesting.

[quote name='Cerridwyn' timestamp='1314449693' post='2789269']
Good luck to our friends, may it bring only success.
[/quote]
Lets talk about success over a nice hot coffe from Starbucks? ;)

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1314456490' post='2789313']
Best of luck in the future guys
[/quote]
:wub:

I do love how some folks think they have the monopoly on cute, clever and witty around here. Fact is, some just don't like it when they get a mirror held up to their faces, and a small dose of their own snarky medicine poured down their throats.

If approached civilly, I certainly would be willing to discuss our various policies, including why I like to help people. Sometimes, people just like to help because.... well, they like to help. It isn't about a sense of self worth, I certainly don't need anyone's approval when I agree to provide some sort of assistance or guidance. I would say I can try to keep a certain individual's inevitable disappointment in mind next time I help someone who wouldn't be given a second glance or chance by some who are too full of themselves to try and make a more positive mark on Digiterra. But you know what? I'd be lying, I don't really care who has a temper tantrum every time a protectorate is announced.

I seem to remember saying something similar a time or two before, and my stance has not, nor will it change to suit some squeaky wheel who has never bothered to come and have a civil conversation with any of us.

Treat others how you would like to be treated--and if you don't like the way you're responded to, perhaps you should look at the way YOU approach others, first.

With that said, and with thanks to our friends for their unwavering support during this exciting transition, I'll be happy (as always) to answer any questions, comments or concerns--preferably through private channels. I've never really been a fan of conferences, but I'll try to keep up. I'm not as young and spry...or cute and clever.... as I used to be. :ehm:

I was afraid this would happen.. why else would you have so many protectorates? This is the result of Randalla's plan to take over Planet Bob!

I like it :D

Congratulations, I'm sure if there is anyone that can make this work, it is Randalla.

Nah, I don't set out to willfully annoy. To answer a legitimate question, we have a bit of settling in to do, first and foremost. We're bringing together a lot of different personalities, and it wouldn't be fair to say just yet until we actually recover from the celebrations and get down to business. We're looking forward to branching out in ways we might not have done in our previous, separate lives, and we're definitely looking forward to getting to know some of the other folks we've admired from afar for a while now. There are indeed a few of those left.

One thing remains, beyond the shadow of a doubt. I don't shed blood for just anyone. All that coffee in my blood stream, I'm running off of a limited supply as it is. ;)