MAD Announcement

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314321108' post='2788465']
So you're pretty much admitting defeat already.

Good to know.
[/quote]
I don't see why you think that, you're the one already admitting you can't win against me. I'm just not betting on who will pay reps, as I don't think either side will. I've never asked for reps and I'm certainly not paying any for this.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314321367' post='2788467']
I don't see why you think that, you're the one already admitting you can't win against me. I'm just not betting on who will pay reps, as I don't think either side will. I've never asked for reps and I'm certainly not paying any for this.
[/quote]

Reps was one of two criteria I listed for 'losing'.

As the current protector of Mutually Assured Destruction, and as somebody who has been in recent and nearly constant contact with MAD gov, I can state with a certainty that is is completely bogus. I do not believe Methrage is even a legitimate member of MAD, let alone anybody with the authority to speak for MAD Government. The actual leaders of MAD have full respect for the clauses of our protection agreement, which this, if it were legitimate, would be a full violation thereof.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314321547' post='2788470']
Reps was one of two criteria I listed for 'losing'.
[/quote]
I think the war will be fought to a draw then, you're an alliance hopper and generally an embarrassment for whatever alliance you're in. If you can't beat me, I doubt Non Grata will keep sending nations to try getting reps for you if it doesn't work out. I'm not going to try getting reps out of Non Grata as a criteria for victory. For me winning is crushing and looting your nation, with you being below the NS range for me to declare again when our war ends, rather than the other way around.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1314321788' post='2788472']
Is Mutually Assured Destruction even Methrages to make announcements with? or is he getting an alliance killed for his crusade on NG?
[/quote]
Mutually Assured Destruction was attacked, so I responded. Although I'm not the highest ranking government and I'm not declaring war on behalf of the entire alliance. The rest of MAD need not assist in this matter, as this is a limited matter currently. However NG needs to remember which alliance attacked the other first here, our response of only attacking one nation was proportionate to the attack on MAD.

NG nation attacks MAD nation
MAD nation attacks NG nation

If the war ignites into a full scale war, the initial aggressor is clear, as well as the one responding to an attack.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314322237' post='2788477']
Mutually Assured Destruction was attacked, so I responded. Although I'm not the highest ranking government and I'm not declaring war on behalf of the entire alliance. The rest of MAD need not assist in this matter, as this is a limited matter currently. However NG needs to remember which alliance attacked the other first here, our response of only attacking one nation was proportionate to the attack on MAD.

NG nation attacks MAD nation
MAD nation attacks NG nation

If the war ignites into a full scale war, the initial aggressor is clear, as well as the one responding to an attack.
[/quote]
You are on the AA for a day and do this, you can dress it up however you like, it is painfully obvious that you are just using their name to continue your grudge against NG.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1314322511' post='2788479']
You are on the AA for a day and do this, you can dress it up however you like, it is painfully obvious that you are just using their name to continue your grudge against NG.
[/quote]
It wasn't until after we merged into them that a nation from Non Grata attacked, I'm not sure why its surprising I would respond to an alliance member being attacked by attacking the enemy. Especially considering Penkala had attacked and nuked my alliance mate not long before. So did I have reason to want to fight someone from NG? Maybe, although it wasn't until the attack from Non Grata I decided to hit them back. Had they not hit MAD, I wouldn't of hit them. Unless you're implying I had the ability to know MAD would be tech raided before joining, then did so because of that. :wacko:

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314322980' post='2788483']
It wasn't until after we merged into them that a nation from Non Grata attacked, I'm not sure why its surprising I would respond to an alliance member being attacked by attacking the enemy. Especially considering Penkala had attacked and nuked my alliance mate not long before. So did I have reason to want to fight someone from NG? Maybe, although it wasn't until the attack from Non Grata I decided to hit them back. Had they not hit MAD, I wouldn't of hit them. Unless you're implying I had the ability to know MAD would be tech raided before joining, then did so because of that. :wacko:
[/quote]
You mean that raid that started yesterday and is peaced out now?
Can I prove you joined before or after that raid? No, but I know what is more likely.

Edit:
Well blow me, there is times in the alliance Seniority, my bad, looks like Methrage did actually join before.
*Shrugs* you win some you lose some.

Still should have allowed your alliance leaders to deal with this before your crusade on the OWF.

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1314322987' post='2788484']
You're a ghost or a rogue. Either way your gimmick went stale eons ago.
[/quote]
Do you even know what both those words mean, as well as the difference between them? Either way your gimmick has went stale long ago as well, you're still spouting the same nonsense.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1314323171' post='2788485']
You mean that raid that started yesterday and is peaced out now?
Can I prove you joined before or after that raid? No, but I know what is more likely.
[/quote]
8/24/2011 2:15:12 AM - I join the alliance.
8/24/2011 8:12:23 PM - Nation from Non Grata declares on a nation in MAD.

I can prove it.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314323188' post='2788486']
Do you even know what both those words mean, as well as the difference between them? Either way your gimmick has went stale long ago as well, you're still spouting the same nonsense.
[/quote]

A classic 'no u'. Brilliant.

Anyhow, it would appear, depending on how one looks at it, that you're not a member of MAD (a 'ghost'), or that you're a member of MAD that engaged in unauthorized attacks on NG (a 'rogue').

Feel dumb yet? Yeah, you probably should.

(Cue another 'no u' retort.)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314323370' post='2788489']
8/24/2011 2:15:12 AM - I join the alliance.
8/24/2011 8:12:23 PM - Nation from Non Grata declares on a nation in MAD.

I can prove it.
[/quote]
Already covered in the Edit.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1314321530' post='2788469']
I was hoping MAD reformed, left disappointed.

OOC:
(that guy with the girl in the cowsuit avatar)?
[/quote]

Cirrus. He and a couple others are still around.

[quote name='Bluestrike' timestamp='1314326569' post='2788512']
Any thread that gets Penkala's panties in a bunch is a good read.
[/quote]
I was happy to be behind making one such topic myself. Always a good thing.