MAD Announcement

[center][img]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd80/Methrage/ntaflag3.jpg[/img]

[b]Mutually Assured Destruction Announcement[/b]

8/24/2011 8:12:23 PM: Non Grata declared war on a member of MAD.

As apparently it needs proving we live up to our name of Mutually Assured Destruction for attackers, we have responded by declaring war on a Non Grata nation making the destruction mutual. If Non Grata wishes to resolve this issue and make peace, they can contact us. However we are MAD, we will do damage in return to those who feel like attacking our members. There is no one sided attacking of our alliance, we hit back. We're currently limiting our war to one Non Grata nation, but should more attacks against MAD occur, so will the attacks on Non Grata in response.

Best Regards,
Methrage, Executor[/center]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]8/24/2011 8:12:23 PM: Non Grata declared war on a member of MAD.

As apparently it needs proving we live up to our name of Mutually Assured Destruction for attackers, we have responded by declaring war on a Non Grata nation making the destruction mutual. [/quote]

I did not attack you. Attacking any nation who attacked you would ensure mutual destruction.

Welcome to my !@#$ list, though. Don't expect to be let off lightly for this one.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314318363' post='2788425']
I did not attack you. Attacking any nation who attacked you would ensure mutual destruction.

Welcome to my !@#$ list, though.
[/quote]
It was another member from Non Grata, but he wasn't in range and you were.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314318402' post='2788426']
It was another member from Non Grata, but he wasn't in range and you were.
[/quote]

Then aid him and make the destruction mutual. This isn't too complicated to figure out, really. What you just did will cost your entire alliance.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314318534' post='2788427']
Then aid him and make the destruction mutual. This isn't too complicated to figure out, really. What you just did will cost your entire alliance.
[/quote]
Penkala, you're a tough guy. You should be able to handle yourself. ;)

Anyways my alliance was attacked with no just cause, I launched a counter attack in response to the alliance being attacked, with it being 100% reasonable to fight back rather than roll over whenever raiders feel they can attack your alliance.

If Non Grata can't handle a little bit of war in response, then Non Grata shouldn't be declaring wars on random alliances.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314318772' post='2788430']
Penkala, you're a tough guy. You should be able to handle yourself. ;)

Anyways my alliance was attacked with no just cause, I launched a counter attack in response to the alliance being attacked, with it being 100% reasonable to fight back rather than roll over whenever raiders feel they can attack your alliance.

If Non Grata can't handle a little bit of war in response, then Non Grata shouldn't be declaring wars on random alliances.
[/quote]

Nobody is asking you to roll over here. Did you attempt to sort this out in any reasonable way first? You had a whole menu of options to choose from when handling this situation. You could have aided the guy, asked us for reps, maybe even counter-attacked the guy. Instead, you went full retard and decided to attack another (uninvolved) nation. How do you expect this to end, really? (Hint: It will probably include you paying me a lot of money or you not seeing peace for a long time...)

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314318981' post='2788432']
Nobody is asking you to roll over here. Did you attempt to sort this out in any reasonable way first? You had a whole menu of options to choose from when handling this situation. You could have aided the guy, asked us for reps, maybe even counter-attacked the guy. Instead, you went full retard and decided to attack another (uninvolved) nation. How do you expect this to end, really? (Hint: It will probably include you paying me a lot of money or you not seeing peace for a long time...)
[/quote]
Considering in the last war, you decided to take the opportunity to nuke my alliance mate who had none of his own and had nothing to do with why Non Grata was declaring on me, seems like sweet justice for you to pay for the actions of one of your alliance mates as the consequence. Who do you think will hit ZI first between the two of us if the war lasts long enough? (Hint: You)

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314319228' post='2788435']
Considering in the last war, you decided to take the opportunity to nuke my alliance mate who had none of his own and had nothing to do with why Non Grata was declaring on me, seems like sweet justice for you to pay for the actions of one of your alliance mates as the consequence. Who do you think will hit ZI first between the two of us if the war lasts long enough? (Hint: You)
[/quote]

I think that you will, given that I have an unlimited supply of foreign aid.

The better question, though, is whose alliance will be destroyed if this war lasts long enough. (Hint: Yours.)

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314319519' post='2788440']
I think that you will, given that I have an unlimited supply of foreign aid.
[/quote]
Given you have infinite aid, do you want to make a bet on who wins the most ground attacks between me and you this war? If you can win 40% of all ground attacks between us this round, I'll consider it your win and send out 1000 tech to nations of your choosing. If you fail, I'll consider you my tech farm for as long as I want and you'll owe me tech. :P

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314319844' post='2788444']
Given you have infinite aid, do you want to make a bet on who wins the most ground attacks between me and you this war? If you can win 40% of all ground attacks between us this round, I'll consider it your win and send out 1000 tech to nations of your choosing. If you fail, I'll consider you my tech farm for as long as I want and you'll owe me tech. :P
[/quote]

Why base it on some arbitrary war metric in which you'll have a clear advantage? Let's make this about what really matters: Winning and losing. If myself or Non Grata is militarily defeated by you and pays you reps or surrenders to you, I will give you 50 free tech every 10 days... forever.

If you or your alliance surrenders to us or pays us reps, you send me $3m every 10 days... forever.

You down?

Edit: If you take the offer, I'll even let this $3m count towards your reps payments you'll be owing me. I'm such a nice guy...

[quote]I'm sitting back and with a good smile on my face, mainly due to Penkala sulking.

This thread has more potential![/quote]

This is my sulking face.

[quote]Haha what happened to Netachahsh Tertreamgmramemsnen Ascension?[/quote]

I defeated them.

[quote]
Who are you again and what are you doing here? If you're not here for a reason, maybe you should go away instead. [/quote]

Emperor Marx is a pretty well-known guy. I don't know why you're pretending to be more relevant than him, because you're definitely not...

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314320440' post='2788457']
Who are you again and what are you doing here? If you're not here for a reason, maybe you should go away instead.
[/quote]

I find it difficult to believe that you are the one leading this alliance after only being a member for a single day. Perhaps you should quit latching onto other micro alliances and causing them to suffer because of your idiotic actions. In short, go away.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1314320880' post='2788461']
I find it difficult to believe that you are the one leading this alliance after only being a member for a single day. Perhaps you should quit latching onto other micro alliances and causing them to suffer because of your idiotic actions. In short, go away.
[/quote]

I don't know. If Methrage joined my alliance, I'd promote him pretty damn quickly.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1314320643' post='2788459']
Why base it on some arbitrary war metric in which you'll have a clear advantage? Let's make this about what really matters: Winning and losing. If myself or Non Grata is militarily defeated by you and pays you reps or surrenders to you, I will give you 50 free tech every 10 days... forever.[/quote]
Since you're relying on others to win for you, it would just cause me to fight other members of Non Grata more, rather than the one I would be competing with.

How about this though, if you don't whine about my war with you at all regardless of how badly you're losing, when the war is over I'll send you 50 tech as a freebie for not complaining while your nation gets crushed.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314320996' post='2788463']
Since you're relying on others to win for you, it would just cause me to fight other members of Non Grata more, rather than the one I would be competing with.

How about this though, if you don't whine about my war with you at all regardless of how badly you're losing, when the war is over I'll send you 50 tech as a freebie for not complaining while your nation gets crushed.
[/quote]

So you're pretty much admitting defeat already.

Good to know.